Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Blaubus - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Blaubus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 16, 2023
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkey_69 wrote:

Interesting. Did it take 5 weeks to sort it out?

If I hadn't gotten involved it would have been lost forever.
UPS lost the label.
They looked at the shipping agent's ID and figured "if this package was sent by this agent, then we'll just send it where another package was going from the same agent on the same day."
My son got the "wrong" package along with the one I had sent and couldn't figure out why there were Christmas presents addressed to people he had never heard of. Confused ("thanks for the soap-on-a-rope, Dad")
After a bit of detective work on my part, the "wrong" package was returned to the sender by me as checked baggage when we returned to Iowa from California. Remember that this box of Christmas presents was supposed to go to Massachussets.
But it could have been worse.
It could have been a box of parts for a fucking antique car, for Christ sake
BavarianWheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh....I read this whole thing!

THERE'S NO ENDING!!!....A CLIFFHANGAR! A NAIL-BITER!
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason , the post office has returned the heads to me. they arrived today. the wet spot on the box is very small but it did wipe out the address. i will send it insured this time.

so all know my intentions... after dealing with karzapart for this long, i figure he is going to blame me for something else once the package gets to him , perhaps he will try to claim that i sent a box of rocks. so, i am going to take a picture of the contents, have it all notarized and sent out by the law office thats across the street from the post office. this way i will never ever here from paypal or anyone else about this matter again. DONE

and no, "notchback" you shouldnt speculate so much. it is rare for shippers to get labels wet, and karzapart is not screwed on his 20 bucks . i am sticking to the deal- he gets his 10 bucks back, and he gets his heads as is, contents notarized.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just send him back the money instead of the heads. That seems like the "safest" thing to do and will bring a quick end to this.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the heads are sold, sales final. notarizing and delivery confirmation and insurance all together is safe enough for paypal- safe enough for me. paypal told me yesterday, all i need is delivery confirmation that the package arrived at zip 08857 and the case is CLOSED

Karzapart, to answer your question:

Quote:
Dan you still have my number, let me know what your doing about this

you will never hear my voice again, and you know what i have been doing about this- for weeks now. our communications will all take place on this message board or by email, where all evidence can be documented. had email been the only way we communicated in the first place you never would have been able to claim that i agreed to send UPS

Last edited by Blaubus on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
for some reason , the post office has returned the heads to me. they arrived today. the wet spot on the box is very small but it did wipe out the address. i will send it insured this time.

so all know my intentions... after dealing with karzapart for this long, i figure he is going to blame me for something else once the package gets to him , perhaps he will try to claim that i sent a box of rocks. so, i am going to take a picture of the contents, have it all notarized and sent out by the law office thats across the street from the post office. this way i will never ever here from paypal or anyone else about this matter again. DONE

and no, "notchback" you shouldnt speculate so much. it is rare for shippers to get labels wet, and karzapart is not screwed on his 20 bucks . i am sticking to the deal- he gets his 10 bucks back, and he gets his heads as is, contents notarized.

Then it looks like you hit the lottery, because I do just what Notchback said to do -- I always cover the address with large, clear tape so there is no chance of it getting smudged.

Your best bet is to not sell anything unless it's at a swap. Shipping parts seems to be a great challenge for you. You should also do as other suggested and refund the money.

It would be the right thing to do.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your best bet is to not sell anything unless it's at a swap. Shipping parts seems to be a great challenge for you.

no, not a great challenge. it seems a great challenge for the post office to keep things dry. i have sold lots of stuff, no problem with shipping. tape is a good suggestion however, even if so rarely needed. other than that , its time for YOU, Icy to step off! i have had enough of you for one lifetime
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just know Karzapart will come in here and say he doesn't want the heads, he wants his money.

This isn't over, you just wait and see.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The support seems to be swinging away from Dansvans here, kids.
Maybe we need a new thread with a poll:
1---Send heads or
2---Send money (paypal would be best)
I'm votin' for #2
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
coW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:

I agree - 2 would be the right thing to do.

Too many bad things have been said at this point between you two and there will always be a bad taste in both your mouths.
I'm sure you'll find another buyer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2. Turns out Icy was right after all.

Crying or Very sad
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
Quote:
Your best bet is to not sell anything unless it's at a swap. Shipping parts seems to be a great challenge for you.

no, not a great challenge. it seems a great challenge for the post office to keep things dry. i have sold lots of stuff, no problem with shipping. tape is a good suggestion however, even if so rarely needed. other than that , its time for YOU, Icy to step off! i have had enough of you for one lifetime

Quote:

So, which is it? It it a challenge to keep it dry, or is it rare for it to get wet? Seems to me you screwed up this deal. You failed to ship in a timely manner, you failed to keep your customer notified of the situation and you sold something you weren't prepared to ship. Give the money back and chalk this one up to experience. I go with #2.

FU#3
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:
#2. Turns out Icy was right after all.

Crying or Very sad

Yeah--- it hurts to say that, doesn't it?
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RemcoW wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:

I agree - 2 would be the right thing to do.

Too many bad things have been said at this point between you two and there will always be a bad taste in both your mouths.
I'm sure you'll find another buyer.
Too much #2 has already transpired between this seller and the buyer (if you get my drift). Even if the heads are re-shipped and recieved by the buyer, I don't believe he will be happy with them. Even if they are PERFECT. Refused delivery, another paypal dispute, chargeback, etc., thats where this is headed. "ALL SALES FINAL" may be your policy, Dan. However, if I were in your shoes, I'd cut my losses and return the $, or accept the fact that you and the buyer are in for a heap more #2 (shit). You could find yourself without the heads, and no $ as well. My .02
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
no the heads are sold, sales final. notarizing and delivery confirmation and insurance all together is safe enough for paypal- safe enough for me. paypal told me yesterday, all i need is delivery confirmation that the package arrived at zip 08857 and the case is CLOSED
Not quite. This case may be closed, but he can open up another one just by saying that they are not what was advertised. Not that I would encourage him to do it, especially to screw with you because of your attitude, but it is possible.

FU#3
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i ever wanted was a set of fregin head! I dont expect mint , just heads or my money back. A lot of people have been telling me im an a-hole,cry-baby etc, Im just a nyc wop that does not like to be jerked around. Maybe Dan will learn something. Im sure the next time he send something, he wont fuck around. Sorry all you guy had to witness this bullshit
Duncan4264
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread a while back, but it seems fitting here also

Two terms come in to play here one is called Free-on-board.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_On_Board

The other is Free-alongside-ship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Alongside_Ship

Two laws that would apply or be address in any kind of legal dispute…
may help clear the air on responsibilities….or just more fuel to the fire…

I would also go with door number 2, even thought the law says you don’t have to having made a reasonable attempt to ship the items and being able to prove shipping history….but is a hundred bucks worth a rep for bad customer service that could cost you 10 times that in lost sales….

Just my 2 cents anyway ( Back to Lurking status... see ya in another year)
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It it a challenge to keep it dry, or is it rare for it to get wet?

not a challenge just had to see the importance of taping it. AND its rare for stuff to get wet. not one OR the other- good try.

Karzapart is right, next time i wont fuck around with taping the address or buying insurance. i just have too much faith in the carriers, and they are good. first time for everything. but listen, you guys, i recieve packages too, and the vast majority of people dont tape the address. the blame game can be taken too far. better to just say we should have all learned that packages do get wet. in this case it was just a drip that smeared only half the destination address

as for the rest of the comments- you all should not talk without knowing what you are saying:

1)Paypal has been called on a daily basis for the last week and they have made it very clear that they will not interfere on a quality issue. they cannot even take action on a claim that the customer recieved a box of rocks. (the worst quality issue Laughing )

2)paypal also made it clear to me yesterday that the customer has not yet insisted that he doesnt want the heads. and this seems to be confirmed by his last post. according to them the case will be closedwhen he gets the heads.

3)there will be no refused shipment, the return address and the destination address will both be Karzaparts' . (an old trick i learned). besides, Karzapart wants the heads apparently

4)the time it took me to ship was reasonable... in every thread i have read around here, two weeks is acceptable from pay to receive. if it hadnt gotten wet it would have been ten days. something Karzapart would not have complained about. i also never ship before the money is in the bank (3-4 days)- paypal advice to avoid chargebacks due to fraud

5)regarding my reputation- no damage. still have inquiries and follow thrus on what few leftover parts i will ever have, after that- sayonara forever.

my advice to those who posted on the latter half of this page: beware the feeding frenzy effect on the forums - will just make the sheep look like asses.

i also want to say that i dont blame Karzapart for being unhappy with me about a few , but not all the things he accused me of. but regarding the insurance issue, had the package not gone out to him today i would be responsible for returning his money. but having insured it would not have gotten him his money sooner than now- today is 33 days.

and the UPS thing is just a difference of his memory and mine of what was said, and UPS could have screwed it up too. what i hear about UPS is that they are in the habit of throwing boxes, not a good idea for items with FINS- another reason i chose postal. parcel post had only 1 additional delivery day- no big deal there
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
Quote:
It it a challenge to keep it dry, or is it rare for it to get wet?

not a challenge just had to see the importance of taping it. AND its rare for stuff to get wet. not one OR the other- good try.

Karzapart is right, next time i wont fuck around with taping the address or buying insurance. i just have too much faith in the carriers, and they are good. first time for everything. but listen, you guys, i recieve packages too, and the vast majority of people dont tape the address. the blame game can be taken too far. better to just say we should have all learned that packages do get wet. in this case it was just a drip that smeared only half the destination address

as for the rest of the comments- you all should not talk without knowing what you are saying:

1)Paypal has been called on a daily basis for the last week and they have made it very clear that they will not interfere on a quality issue. they cannot even take action on a claim that the customer recieved a box of rocks. (the worst quality issue Laughing )

2)paypal also made it clear to me yesterday that the customer has not yet insisted that he doesnt want the heads. and this seems to be confirmed by his last post. according to them the case will be closedwhen he gets the heads.

3)there will be no refused shipment, the return address and the destination address will both be Karzaparts' . (an old trick i learned). besides, Karzapart wants the heads apparently

4)the time it took me to ship was reasonable... in every thread i have read around here, two weeks is acceptable from pay to receive. if it hadnt gotten wet it would have been ten days. something Karzapart would not have complained about. i also never ship before the money is in the bank (3-4 days)- paypal advice to avoid chargebacks due to fraud

5)regarding my reputation- no damage. still have inquiries and follow thrus on what few leftover parts i will ever have, after that- sayonara forever.

my advice to those who posted on the latter half of this page: beware the feeding frenzy effect on the forums - will just make the sheep look like asses.

i also want to say that i dont blame Karzapart for being unhappy with me about a few , but not all the things he accused me of. but regarding the insurance issue, had the package not gone out to him today i would be responsible for returning his money. but having insured it would not have gotten him his money sooner than now- today is 33 days.

and the UPS thing is just a difference of his memory and mine of what was said, and UPS could have screwed it up too. what i hear about UPS is that they are in the habit of throwing boxes, not a good idea for items with FINS- another reason i chose postal. parcel post had only 1 additional delivery day- no big deal there

Good luck, Dan.

We'll be hearing from you guys in a few days, no doubt.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: