Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Blaubus - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Blaubus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 16, 2023
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont think so. alls well that ends well. for those who are curious (and Karzapart), the new delivery confirmation # is: 0306 1070 0000 2861 0264, and he also gets his ten bucks back, THE END
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
no i dont think so. alls well that ends well. for those who are curious (and Karzapart), the new delivery confirmation # is: 0306 1070 0000 2861 0264, and he also gets his ten bucks back, THE END
Think ...................................................................Maybe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Behemoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad this is ending well. And Dan don't think the USPS doesn't throw packages cause like I said I spent 6 years there and shit is tossed by them just like any carrier, although hopefully not something as heavy as heads. And UPS has always taped over addresses when you ship it at the terminal, at least they have always done it where my wife has worked(30 years) so as to protect them not having to ship stuff back and sos your customers get their shit in a timely manner.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
although hopefully not something as heavy as heads.

especially something as heavy as heads. they throw everything off the trucks. its the heavy stuff nobody wants to catch Shocked . THAT is why the heads got the foam rubber wrapping and two box treatment. your welcome Karzapart. a least your heads arent busted by the carrier or me. talk about getting blamed. i never would have heard the end of that one.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And UPS has always taped over addresses

they taped over WRITTEN addresses. now they have a new system of printed labels that dont smear when wet. the way it should be. someday the stone age postal service will catch up.

the thing i dont like about the postal service is the way they dont take responsibility for failed shipments. if you insure some eighty dollar heads and declare an eighty dollar value, then spend twenty on priority... when they lose it, they only give back eighty. WTF?

or in the case of Karzaparts heads, the mail recovery center upgraded the box to priority, which meant they had to tear off the postage label! so when i redirected it to Kazapart , they wouldnt send it without charging me all over again. even though THEY got it wet & and they tore off the label.

interesting how it all turned out- i was chatting with paypal about how the postal service seems to be affiliated with ebay (?)... and how much the USPS sucks. and it came up in conversation that i was going to have to pay twice for the postage. so paypal wired me the 25 bucks before i even got off the phone with them! Very Happy
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
Quote:

they taped over WRITTEN addresses. now they have a new system of printed labels that dont smear when wet. the way it should be. someday the stone age postal service will catch up.

the thing i dont like about the postal service is the way they dont take responsibility for failed shipments. if you insure some eighty dollar heads and declare an eighty dollar value, then spend twenty on priority... when they lose it, they only give back eighty. WTF?

or in the case of Karzaparts heads, the mail recovery center upgraded the box to priority, which meant they had to tear off the postage label! so when i redirected it to Kazapart , they wouldnt send it without charging me all over again. even though THEY got it wet & and they tore off the label.

interesting how it all turned out- i was chatting with paypal about how the postal service seems to be affiliated with ebay (?)... and how much the USPS sucks. and it came up in conversation that i was going to have to pay twice for the postage. so paypal wired me the 25 bucks before i even got off the phone with them! Very Happy

I don't know why you thnk the USPS won't refund the shipping costs, but both times I've made claims with them, they've refunded the postage on top of the value of the item. I had to provide proof of value (easy to do).

eBay owns PayPal. Did PayPal tell you that?
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
Quote:

*snip*

You're nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake. Just because you don't know how to ship a parcel doesn't mean you have to lie to cover your ass. Since *WHEN* is the United States Postal Service affiliated with eBay? Also, it takes very little effort to tape over a written address so it does not become illegible (that means it can't be read) during transit. Accidents can happen.

Please, put down the bong and sober up.

Last edited by Gary on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just because you don't know how to ship a parcel doesn't mean you have to lie to cover your ass. Since *WHEN* is the United States Postal Service affiliated with eBay?

they SEEM to be since THEY started printing EBAY on the priority boxes they provide. i dont know if they are just suggesting you use there services by doing that or what. so maybe affiliated was the wrong word - they just give that impression. and that doesnt make me nuttier than a fruitcake. YOU need to put down the bong and visit the PO to see the "EBAY" boxes and the EBAY posters thay put up on the counter (at least in our PO they did) didnt i tell you to step off once already?

Last edited by Blaubus on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thats why i have the VW. more likely i will send thru the PO again. but next time i will tape the label , buy insurance and over estimate the value so it covers the shipping price as well- problem solved. when i have a heavy item, i choose fedex. they are closer to me and cost less.

Last edited by Blaubus on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heads arrived today, They are great except for the dropped valve. But i took a chance, no big deal. Dan changed his story several times, he has proven himself a liar. Enjoy the 100 bucks. Tell Karma i said hello
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it aint got no dropped valve. take a picture and prove it. bet you wont. if you dont, i will, you fucking liar.
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother, you will just say its a different head. I dont care anymore, you get worked up. We both know who has been lying il dolce vida! ciao Dick head
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i will prove that any dropped valve head is a different head. whereas you cannot prove it is the head i sent you. and i have proof you got your 10 bucks back. if i was such a liar and theif it wouldnt have been returned, and paypal wasnt going to force that issue.

Last edited by Blaubus on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really do feel sorry for you.

that is so ridiculous. i have lots of money tied up in things i cant sell real fast, and my rep isnt so destroyed- i sold something two days ago, and have a inquiry about another. believe me i aint hurtin. or did you mean something else by that?

and as for my so called karma, bring it on! i hope i run into someone who treats me just the same way i treated Karzapart. angry folks who talk about karma often miss one thing- they cant force me to have the attitudes that Karzapart has.

heres what i did that was so bad:

i sold two heads that were in good operating condition with no cracks

packed them supercarefully to avoid broken fins, done within time expected by most samba mambers

received only the amount of money i demanded. actually 10 dollars less- once i returned the 10 bucks.

shipped by method agreed upon

heads were delivered before insurance would have paid

worked hard to resolve postal/customer problems

but i forgot the tape. oh i would be so harsh on someone for not remembering that Rolling Eyes

oh yeah and priority would have made 1 day difference. it would not have prevented the label damage, or the trip to atlanta or anything else.

Last edited by Blaubus on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say it...

I TOLD YOU SO!!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Just to keep the fun going, let's see the picture of the dropped valve.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to keep the truth going i will show pics of the heads i sent. hmmmm, seems to me thats the difference between me and too many of you. i want the truth to show - while many others just want to make fun.
DeathBus
WILD MAN!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn he didnt even have to run them to get the dropped valve, this will go on forever!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansvans wrote:
to keep the truth going i will show pics of the heads i sent. hmmmm, seems to me thats the difference between me and too many of you. i want the truth to show - while many others just want to make fun.

Dan let it go you do not need to explain yourself to anyone because of 1 bad transaction. He brought it up you explained everything. case closed You did everything right in my mind.
David58bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had read this thread sooner. I bought a set of heads from a guy in California. I live in Georgia I had the heads sent to Len Hoffman’s shop in Athens Georgia months ago. I live; I guess a couple hundred miles away from Athens. I paid 450 for the heads. When Len received them he called me. I told him the specs I wanted and he said these are good heads the machine work that has been done is great only one problem you can’t run pump gas with them. About a week or so later the same guy had another set of heads on here for 175 I called him and told him about the first set. I explained to him what Len said and he said that was why he sold them. I didn’t blame him for not saying any thing about the heads being race gas only. I bought the second set from him after talking to him and finding out the combustion chamber size, and told him no problem I’ll find a use for the first set down the road. I look at it like this you can only go around in life once; it isn’t everyone else’s fault. I take the blame for not asking the right questions on the first set of heads. I can’t believe that you two people have drawn this out as far as you have. Most arguments like this are from miscommunication. Hell like I said in the beginning I wish I had read this thread sooner, I would have sent you both a hundred bucks and had you ship the heads to me, that way everyone would be happy and I could have sent you both one head as a souvenir. This entire ruckus for a hundred bucks. We determine the amount of drama by our actions and beliefs, and also how we respond to the circumstances we create or the circumstances that are created by the people we are associated with. In short we determine our circumstances by how we respond to the choices we make in determining our circumstances.
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was never about the money, but the fact that Dan would not reply to my calls or e-mail. Maybe what im describing as a dropped valve is wrong. One exuast vale is stuck open. Isoaked it in Kroil, depressed the spring, but the valve still wont seat. Ididnt expect much for what i paid, but why say they were bolt ons?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: