Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

85 Westy table top help needed
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
K58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you look under your rear seat?
that's where I found mine, along with misc parts, AC cord, roach clips, dog biscuits and a leaking heater...just another thought
riceye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be worthwhile to contact a kitchen cabinetry contractor? The pieces that are cut out for the sink installs may offer a nice selection.

Just a thought.

Prosit,
Ric

There's gonna be some changes made.

“I find that things usually go well right up until the moment they don't.” - Ahwahnee

"Quality isn't method. It's the goal toward which the method is aimed." - Socrates, later quoted by R.M. Pirsig
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Await a response now. Later, if no luck, I will persue making one. I hate to expend so much energy for something like this, but I could not live with a mismatched table, for some odd reason.

THANKS ALL!

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
wolfej1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from Karl last year. He gave me a good price of $60 or so for the complete setup - including the knob. Very Happy Good guy in my opinion.

Joe
Lbonlake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: small tabletop Reply with quote

Well been looking for parts for my 85 camper too. found PartsPlace in
Auburn Hills, Mi 1-248-373-2300. Looks like they have a bunch of new
and used part for all VW and campers. They have internet site catolog
too. Good luck.
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Let's keep this thread going... Reply with quote

I have a few cracks and pops in Winston's cabinet ends, etc. If we COULD match the early creamy brown and the later dreary gray, we should find out what does and what will... Then we could order it and fix the mussed sections of the cabinets!

I came PRETTY close with the Krylon fusion beige spray paint I used on my center cabinet. Probably not close enough to suit, though.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be surprised to see what you can get in laminate. Find some of the distributors there of brands like Formica, or Wilsonart. Take your table in and see if they have a match (I suspect the original is Formica, but I am not absolutely positive).

Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottcollins72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking brown table top itself or just the trim that goes around it? Mines kind of a cream color on top and it's got brown trim running the perimeter. I'd be willing to part with mine for some $$$$ just make me an offer.
ohioplatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: tabletop Reply with quote

So who is Karl?
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the hardware to mount a table top. If I had to, I could make one. But, matching that brown top would be impossible. I know it doesn't matter, but I am picky in that regard.

Thanks Art, I'll ask Karl.

-Walt...

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: If it were me... Reply with quote

I'd build one from scratch. You can get a router bit from Rockler and that brown or black molding to put around the edge. You'd have to figure out new hardware for the knob and tube mount if you didn't already have them, but you can get masonite or good wood, paint it, get it just the way you want it...

Mind you, I have a very good friend who's an accomplished cabinet maker. Still, you're often better off making your own one new than buying somebody else's reject.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try Karl?
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: 85 Westy table top help needed Reply with quote

I need some help. I have been trying to locate a driver table top for my 85 Westy. I need the brown little table top for behind the drivers seat. I hate to cross post, but I have had zero response to my want ad. I have called every place that advertises parts. No luck. Parts ads, no luck. We need that table.

The GoWesty ones (which I understand are crappy) do not come in brown. I hate to change both tables but would be OK with two tan tables.

Anybody have this little table top for me????? Leads?

HELP!!!!!

TIA,
Walt...

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: