Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Maiden voyage nets a trophy
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Maiden voyage nets a trophy Reply with quote

I decided to start using my neglected 85 Westy on a semi daily basis and gave it a coat of wax and fixed a few loose wigets over the past few days. We had our last VW show of the season today and the forecast was severe storms, wind & hail. Thankfully they were wrong but I decided to drive the Vanagon instead of the split window or Mexi as it is outside anyway. I was pleased to win second place at the end of the day and had to admit that the old fellow really cleaned up well afterall. The original paint still shines very well and the interior is perfect.
stymie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white Westy in the gallery is really nice looking. Congrats Exclamation
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture was taken when it was sitting in the impound lot. It's 2x as nice now. One of the 1st things I did was micro polish it & get the rust stain out of the R/R seam. There is a tiny amount of seam rust only in that spot and it was severely stained. Today you have to be 12" or less from it to see.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: