Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pressed in studs or screw in?
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe comfort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Pressed in studs or screw in? Reply with quote

Pressed in studs or screw in? What are the pros and cons? Getting new rotors and drums for Fuchs. Anybody have any recommendations?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a four lug car do the press in on the back drums. There isn't enough metal in the lug areas on the 5x130 bolt circle. Take the drum off and look at it from the inside, you will see what I mean.

As for front discs, studs are fine
joe comfort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to buy new rotors and drums. I have a choice in pressed in or screw in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
btrghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have press in studs on the front and rear. The four lug vw pattern and the 5 lug porsche pattern are the same, both being a130mm circle.. so clearance is not an issue. What the deal is when one redrills a stock vw drum there are ribs on the backside making it hard to press in studs easlily. On new blank rotors (as least mine are) the rear of the rotors are smooth so studs are easy to install. Get the press in if you are getting new rotors. I think mine came from So-Cal. And I have no complants so far.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: