Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Bus chassis number?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BUZZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: VW Bus chassis number? Reply with quote

HEY HOW'S EVERYONE DOING ? JUST A QUICK QUESTION. I RECENLTY PURCHASED A BUS, AND I'M STARTING TO RESTORE IT. IT DIDN'T COME WITH A BULK HEAD, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT OPTIONS IT CAME WITH IT, SINCE IT WAS MISSING THE "M" CODE. WHAT I DID FIND WAS THE CHASSIS PLATE NUMBER IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT. WHAT I DO KNOW IS THIS: SINCE THE CHASSIS PLATE NUMBER WAS FOUND IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, I KNOW THAT IT'S A PRE 64'. IT IS A TYPE 22, WHICH MAKES IT A MICROBUS. NOW, WHAT I DON'T KNOW IS THIS: THE "FARGHEST.NR~~~ 1151030" IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I KNOW IN CERTAIN NUMBERS THE FIRST TWO NUMBERS INDICATE WHAT TYPE IT WAS, THEN THE THIRD NUMBER SIGNIFIES THE YEAR IT WAS PRODUCED. I KNOW THAT IT'S A TYPE 22 BECAUSE IT SAYS SO ON THE BADGE, RIGHT NEXT TO THE NUMBER. CAN ANYONE HELP FIGURE OUT WHAT YEAR THIS BUS IS EXACTLY ? AND IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME USING THIS CHASSIS NUMBER, HOW I CAN FIND WHAT OPTIONS IT CAME WITH ? I SURE APPRECIATE ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME. ALSO, I WORK IN THE AUTOBODY INDUSTRY, IF ANYONE HAS A QUESTION ABOUT BODY WORK, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THANKS AGAIN. Red Bus
pandanom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a 1961
Yellowbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like august 63 to me.
Thanks. Thread went from me not being able to understand what Ipis was saying because English is obviously not his first language to me not being able to understand it because English is my first language Laughing

Fuel pumps galore:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=845378
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you need to turn your caps lock off to me.

looks like about a mid to late 63 by the number.

Parts and mechanical restoration services available. I restore and rebuild fuel pumps, distributors, spindles, etc.
Check my ads or send a PM.
pandanom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I was wrong when I said it is a 1961. I apologize. On page 57 of my Wolfsburg West Parts catalog, they show 1963 numbers 971551 through 1144281.
Then comes 1964 where the numbers start at 1144282 and go through 1328871. Looking at that I would have to say you have an early 1964.

If you do not have a WW parts catalog, call them at 1-951-549-0525 or the order desk at 1-888-965-3937.

Wish you were here to help me repair the side of my camper where I damaged it by running into an overhang at a service station. Fiberglass repair.

Good Luck
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chassis # listing
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/chassisdating.php

1151030 would be August, 1963, which is a 1964 model.

Model 22 is a Standard Microbus from this listing:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/modelstype2.php

The options are only available by reading the M-code plate. If yours is missing, you can order the VW Birth Certificate
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64BUZZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: EverettB Reply with quote

hey, thanks so much everetter, that sure helped out a lot!!!! i already ordered the certificate too!!! I found it in your list of websites to visit. There's no doubt that this site is tops when it comes down to helping someone. Again, i want to express my outmost gratitude, THANKS!!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: