Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

post 55 cargo floor question.......for the experts
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: post 55 cargo floor question.......for the experts Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many variations of bus cargo floors there are?????how about the year the floors changed??????and what actually changed from year to year??????any help would be greatly appreciated.....just trying to get everything spot on, thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Metalwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look at the ones i have tomorrow and see if i can spot any differences, I have a 56, 65, 67, and i think a 61 or 2 on the 15 window. From memory i think the differences might be in where the seat latches are for the most part, I'll take some pics if i need to.

Kelly aka
"Bubble & Nut Buster for wannabe BadBoy's of Restoration"
"There is no cure for Stupid"
ITMC "Drill SGT"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jan '56 seems to have a crisper stamping overall......like the barndoors but not like the '59 busses. The outter ledge of the cargo floor also is thicker than the '58 panelbus I have here. The seat pockets and plates are setup for a six leg middle seat.
Metalwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok after looking this morning the 56 2 seat mounting tabs for the rear seat each side , the 65 21 only has one at the rearmost point on each side for the rear seat. Via a profile gauge the contures of the floor are the same. Both are set up for long middle seats, with 2 flat plates spaced between the hold down sections, Neither has latches or plates for a short middle seat. I can't see the floor on the 15 window but probably will later this afternoon. I checked a big hatch panel we're junking and it didn't show any latches for a middle seat at all. I'll try to tag and post the pics later today of the 3 floors io took pics of. Right now i got to get slaving. Later

Kelly aka
ITMC "Drill SGT"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch you guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Metalwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15 window floor is thesame as the 56 at the rear and for the middle it was also set up for long middle seat. also had the two plates spaced in between , Later

Kelly aka
ITMC "Drill SGT"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: