Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Not a 36hp in the oval?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
veskovici
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Not a 36hp in the oval? Reply with quote

My 54 oval project is on the way. At this moment I have no motor. I have two options for 36 hp but i am considering the possibility of putting later motor in my oval.
The question is what is the way of installing, for example, 1300 motor and keeping split case transmission .Is there any mismatching among this tranny and 1300/1600 motor. I know that this question has already been asked but I haven’t seen the straight answer. Do I just put motor and that is it?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any motor will fit unto the early transmission. The main thing is the flywheel. If it's 6v, then it's a direct fitament. If you're using a 12v flywheel, some clearancing will be needed on the bellhousing of the trans.
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: