Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

thing oil bath air cleaner question
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: thing oil bath air cleaner question Reply with quote

Why would there be condensation in the tube between the cleaner and the oil fill? There is also condensation inside the cover of the oil filler. Just changed the oil. No water in the oil. No unusual color to the oil. Replaced the tube with standard radiator grade tube as no original was to be found. Any suggestions? (side note: cleaned the air cleaner and removed 10lbs of crap. Thick brown crap in the removable snorkle up to the vacume flap in the front. The connector tube weighted flapper does just that now, and how at idle.)Problem exhisted before clean up and thought that was the cause.
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: thing oil bath air cleaner question Reply with quote

My Bay has the same type of oil bath cleaner and I have never had that problem. It shouldn't do that I think.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: thing oil bath air cleaner question Reply with quote

Here in Oregon it's a constant problem, the fog is so thick this morning it's like being under water. A lot of the cause is short in town trips. The engine never really gets warm enough to burn off the moisture. Hiway driven VW's don't suffer this problem as bad. About all you can do is change the oil, here in Oregon that's one a month gig. Summer hits and I'm able to get by about a month and a half.
Peace,
Frank
Eugene, Oregon
edgy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: thing oil bath air cleaner question Reply with quote

Same problem in Maryland. I agree that short trips is the problem. Try driving it until engine gets completely warm, i.e interstate for 15 miles. Then look and see if water didn't evaporate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: