Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

any Things left in california?????
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
had a bug named O.J.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

my vw wants are changing daily because i haven't bought the next one yet. i thought i wanted a dune buggy but i think a thing would be way cooler for storage and safety. anyways, buggys are hard to find here, i've seen 3 in the area. i drive in a large part of the bay area for a living and see everywhere. things, though i don't see. do i gotta go to idaho? where the wild rust grows? or the east coast like all the other vw's seem to be too? any ideas? if you've gone from buggy to thing... what's your opinions? i am trying to plan wisely. i do not have money to throw around and can only have one toy at a time. i have a 77 suzuki gs 750 in great shape that has gotta go toward the sale of my next vw. thanks-mm-
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

Why not place a wanted ad in the thing classified section?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

I see them on eBay often.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

Thing seeker
I would guess that about 1/2 of the remaining THING's in the U/.S. are in California. Check on www.recycler.com and all the usual want ads. There were several in CA on ebay recently as well. Do be prepared, the prices are going up on almost a daily basis. Bob Miller, Riverside
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

MM,
It all depends on what you want to do with your VW. I've played with my Thing here on the Oregon Coast. Great sand dunes, but after abusing my Thing a couple of times I started to feel quilty. The darn thing is just worth to much money, for jumping off of blow outs! Hence, I've got a sand rail in the works. My Thing now spends most of it's time on the street and it's great when the sun shines. Most of my driving is done with the windsheild down, doors off, and a big grin on my face. With the helmet law for motorcycles here, I get more wind than most scooters. For Sunday runs for ice cream with the wife and kids, it can't be beat.
My Thing found me, not the other way around. Good Luck,
Frank
had a bug named O.J.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

it's been a while since i started this one. thanks! probably gonna get a westfalia. wanna keep something in tow so maybe a thing? who knows what the future brings? oregon awaits me in the next year........
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: any Things left in california????? Reply with quote

we have a good amount here on the East coast of NJ. i guess it is because they are a beach vehicle and i am 10-15 minutes from the beach. i still see a bunch(more than 6 in NJ VW lingo) on the road during the summer.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: