Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RAISED SPINDLES
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

HAVE YOU GUYS RAN RAISED SPINDLES BEFORE. THE OFF ROAD SECTION IS NOT GETTING ANY HITS. THEY SENT ME HERE. THIS IS FOR A BAJA. I PUT IN ADJUSTERS AND NOW THE BALL JOINTS ARE BOTTOMED OUT. IF I PUT IN THE RAISED SPINDLES, THE BALL JOINTS CAN GO BACK TWARD STOCK LOCATION AND GET SOME TRAVEL.THEY ARE 200 BUCKS AND WANT TO BE SURE THAT IS WHAT I WANT. THANKS JASON
ChrisM181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

Are those raised spindles modified bug spindles?
I am guessing that those would go back together with bug arms and balljoints?
Thing spindles and arms are the best way to go! They would raise the front end and it will be much stronger, Thing ball joints are stronger than bug ball joints.
Really the ultimate way to go would be to get Thing arms, spindles, torsion leaves and I think you might need the backing plates also. Put new Thing ball joints in the arms and you have the best ball joint Baja front end money could buy!
Vince at Things Unlimited has all that stuff, and it would be more money than the rasied spindles but it would be well worth it!!
I have a extra set of all of the stuff but I am going to sell it to my buddy that is going to put it on his Baja bug.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

chris 181, yes those are mod'd bug spindles i found out. south cal is advertising them. you can get them in 2 or three inch lift. there is a 30 core charge so they can hack your old spindles apart and reweld them. All the thing stuff sounds cool. I have gone so far already with this front end. adjusters, shocks, balljoints, ect....it wont get pounded too bad. more street than anything. I should have an oval or something. just love the look. thanks jason
ChrisM181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

Those spindles should will be fine for your application. Good luck with your project!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

thanks
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

I am also going to get the raised,modified Thing spindles 3 inches but it's the back that's the problem I guess the only thing short of 1000 dollars of work just to raise the rear 3 inches would be coilovers can anyone recommend some good quality ones or ones you can put your own shocks in? I heard recambering will tear up the rear suspension true or false? What did you do to the bach Chris181?
ChrisM181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

I do not like or use coilovers, I recamber the rear suspention! One or 2 teeth will do the trick. Recambering to many teeth could tear up your bottom stops when the spring plates are beat the hell out of them. But with the right amount of recambering, spring plate retainers and some new shocks you can make the most of your stock suspention without spending a ton of money, Or you can get into getting differant torsion bars, spring plates, trailing arms etc. $$$$$
ChrisM181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: RAISED SPINDLES Reply with quote

(I mean beating the hell out of them)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: