Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW side curtains
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Our Colorado Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: VW side curtains Reply with quote

Hey all,
first time posting, long time reader. Anywho, on with the important stuff..
I recently inherited my Pops' '74 Thing and am in the process of straightening little Things out and getting it absolutely roadworthy.. In my inspection process I came across what I always knew as "the extra side curtains". To my surprise I found they are ORIGINAL VW and brand new condition. I remember Pop bought them when we lived in Greece back in the early 80's, and he never used them..Not once... they stayed in the curtain bags.. so my question is this: What is a good value on these curtains, and does anyone have any Grey glass slider curtains for sale? I will NOT use the original VW ones on the car, plus they don't match my new grey top. SO any info would be Great..
Thanks Guys and Gals!!!
lotsavws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: VW side curtains Reply with quote

can we talk to you about purchasing them? please email us at [email protected]
Our Colorado Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: VW side curtains Reply with quote

WOW... almost a week on this thread and only one response with an offer of $250 for a NEW condition set of VW curtains.... what's a guy gotta do to get recognized here? I could start heckling and starting meaningless opinionated arguments, I Suppose.. naw.. not my style...
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: VW side curtains Reply with quote

I read your ad. I do not have any grey sliders, how many people do you really think do have them? I already have a new set of Thing Shop soft curtains and also own an original VW set so I don't want to buy yours. Why don't you list them on ebay rather than ask for a price here? This isn't the "for sale" portion of the site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Our Colorado Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: VW side curtains Reply with quote

My original post was NOT a listing for sale.(those listings go in the "classified" section, yes?). I am simply inquiring about the value of the original curtains, being a rare peice and unavailable.
I threw the inquiry about the grey sliders as a shot in the dark..it never hurts to ask, But thanks for your thoughts/advice Nick. How do you find the Thing shop soft curtains to be? They advertise the material as harder to scratch, do you agree with this claim? I have a new top from them and want to be as careful as possible with the window. Thanks again..
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: VW side curtains Reply with quote

My comment is still the same. Ebay could give you a better idea of the price for an individual to sell something. Most individuals are buying. Most businesses are selling.

Our Thing Shop windows appear to be as good as original equipment. I haven't scratched then yet and the car is driven every day by a teenager. The original windows discolored badly, that is why they were replaced. They didn't really have scratches eihter. We do have the bags and keep the windows in them when not on the car.

I thought about glass side curtains but couldn't justify the price. I've only seen 1 set of used glass ones and they looked pretty rough. If I got a hard top I may get glass side windows. Currently we are staying close to stock using reproduction parts not NOS. The car is a daily driver but competes in shows as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: