Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS NOT WORKING
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS NOT WORKING Reply with quote

After installing a new steering wheel on my Thing, my turn signals and wipers don't work. I think the thingy under the steering wheel that also cancels the turn signals is screwed up...Can anybody tell me what it's called and if it's the same as any VW, or do I need a Thing specific part?
Thanks,
Frank
Georgia
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS NOT WORKING Reply with quote

It's not Thing specific- same part as used on beetles and ghias of the same year. If you used an adapter with your new wheel sometimes the adapters require a little fiddling before they will cancel the turn signals, but it shouldn't affect the wipers. is it possible that a connection is simply loose? check under the steering column and make sure the connections are all good.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS NOT WORKING Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll check it out.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS NOT WORKING Reply with quote

I bought used turn signal and wiper switches from a boneyard for $10.00..the turn signal canceller is a plastic ring on the back of my original wheel that has a tab on it to cancel the signal...I was supposed to take it off my original wheel and install it on my new wheel...

Thanks again for your input.

Frank
Georgia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: