Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

72-74 bumpers
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

what would a set of Ghia bumpers be worth? they have a few smallish dings/fair chrome. definantly daily driver type not show...?
Guy wants to trade me a rebuilt longblock (my part) for them? What does the crowd say??????
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

I'd say go for it...as long as the engine works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

the bumpers are the same as type 3 bumpers of that era.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

I would be rebuilding the engine myself, I figure I have 40 or more cases and tons of parts laying around it's not that big a deal for me... Sure a longblock may be worth more than the bumpers in day to day biz but I have a 72 vert for myself and have not seen any decent bumpers and I will need them. The cost (qoutes) of having my bent up trashed ones re done was way out there.... Or I could retrofit the earlier style, I have a set of the fiberglass smoothies....
I e-mailed a guy once off a samba ad that had some type 3's said in the text of the adthey fit the Ghia's too but I e- mailed him and never got a response or wither it diddn't go through. A friend of yours maybe Lind? Are you positive that they are the same? I have some type3 bumps but they are 71's so it must be the 72-later sqaurebacks your talking about????
Thanks for the input....
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

40? damn, you wanna GIVE me a couple? hehe. All I have in a T-3 engine I was given with all the tin. Gonna get it all turn keyed and put on a stand and dialed in and then sell it ready to go. Have a little ways til I get there though.

Jax
http://www.simplywagens.homestead.com
Yes more advertising.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

Hey Jax, find me a set of decent bumps and we can make a deal on some cases, align bored and all.....
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

What kind of bumps you looking for? I know a few people and places I can get stuff.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

I have a 72 Ghia Vert I am keeping for a personal toy and I need some decent bumpers, as good as I can get as it will be a driver and I can always have a pair rechromed and straightend if I ever get the $$$. and the car in it's final glory is really nice.
I was waiting to see if I could get an answer on if indeed the late type 3 are the same. I have a deal working as I previously said that involves me building a turn key engine ( originally we talked long block but now)in return for the bumps and all shipping costs both ways, was just checking
my options before going forword... and to get a feel from others who know the time ect. it takes to build a good engine and if they (in my shoes) would think it was worth it... So I guess you could say I'm not 100% and since you or ???? may know of another deal.... bring it on.... and thanks.....!
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

Bumpers and a few green backs? A rebuilt 1600 is worth between $500 and $1000 outright and that is on the low end if the builder knows his shit.So in my view they had better be some cherry bumpers or worth alot more than I think they are.Just my humble opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.
Empified
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

I've got a set of 74 ghia vert bumpers if you are interested. Email me if you want pics. Empified.........
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

Well, you sure drug up and old thread!, Hey I am interested still though. But since your e-mail addy isn't showing... Shoot one off to mine. thanks K
Empified
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: 72-74 bumpers Reply with quote

Well I thought I'd dig it up again as I'm selling the ghia bumpers and some other ghia stuff on Ebay now. Here's the link. Empified............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...2416339340

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...2416337652
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: