Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Coronado Speed Festival/Car Show
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typ311Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Coronado Speed Festival/Car Show Reply with quote

Sorry for the technical difficulties, but my original post was deleted, so here we go....UPDATED INFO: The Coronado Speed festival/Car Show will be on North Island 7-8 October 2006 from 8:00am to 4:00pm, judging begins at 11:00 am with awards presented at 1:00pm on Saturday and Sunday! Trophies will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place. There will be a VW trophy and section for VW's. Registration fee is $35 for one day, $45 for both days. Fee includes one free entry to the Speed Festival, a goodie bag, one free car show T-shirt, raffle ticket for door prizes, and a chance to win a trophy! Gates open at 8:00 am, but plan on lining up early to fill out registration forms. There will be food vendors and a beer garden. Open to the bublic.

CRUISE: Plan on linking up at a Breakfast location TBD (any suggestions)? around 0630 on Sunday and cruising en masse to the show (since this day seems to work for the majority of people who responded). I will have some registration forms, so we can fill them out then to simplify the process upon entering. Remember to bring sunblock, your own water supply, car tent, chair, camera, etc, there will be fly-by's and quite a bit of military static displays.
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET!

im there.

let us know where/when you plan on meeting at the breakfast place for the cruise Cool
TOOB Member #3
I make D-jet FI connectors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typ311Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BACK BRIEF: Anticipated to be the largest car show in San Diego history. Just a few things: Admiral Nathman (4-star) will be racing a BMW Motorsports Team '68 Cunningham BMW 2002ti, just one of 225 cars racing in eight groups, 200 Porsches, an original '52 C-Type Jaguar (1 of 53 made), each day at noon there will be a FA-18 flyover, and dynamometer testing by Dyno shop of Santee, for $50 cash you will be given a printout of your HP, torque, and air-fuel ratio. DIRECTIONS: Take Interstate 5 to the Coronado Bay bridge, continue on to 3rd Ave, across Orange Ave to Alameda Blvd. Turn left at Alameda to the main gate at North Island. There will be signs to the Car Show portion, and the gate guards will be happy to oblige. FREE TO THE PUBLIC. Overnight RV parking (or Bus) $300 front row, $225 second row, $150 third row. Rate includes admission for driver and one passenger. Additional passengers must purchase tickets. RV's must not exit the venue until racing is finished Sunday, for more info call (619)858-1546, or visit www.coronadospeedfestival.com.
Typ311Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it's late...I said "Free to the Public", I STAND CORRECTED, it's OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! So you won't have any problems getting onboard a Navy Base.
Typ311Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMskater wrote:
SWEET!

im there.

let us know where/when you plan on meeting at the breakfast place for the cruise Cool

We will let you know....which one will you be driving?
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am HOPING to have my square ready, im crossing my fingers.

i hope you all wont shun me if its not ready in time, (putting on stock EFI) if its not ready, ill be taking the beetle.
TOOB Member #3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typ311Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMskater wrote:
well i am HOPING to have my square ready, im crossing my fingers.

i hope you all wont shun me if its not ready in time, (putting on stock EFI) if its not ready, ill be taking the beetle.

Dude, Shun you...never! Showing up in YOUR ride is all that matters!
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! Very Happy

im really hoping to have the EFI on and running by sunday. i have all of sat. dedicated to the swap. and im confident that the parts are in good shape.

but if not, my bug is a trusty steed.
TOOB Member #3
Typ311Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

UPDATE: For those interested in joining us for Breakfast, then cruising to the Coronado Speed Festival/Car show. We will be meeting at PERRY'S CAFE at 6:30-7:00 am, this Sunday morning. Their address is: 4620 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110. They are located across the street from the old town trolley. I will be there at 6:30, to reserve a big corner booth/table, and I'll have a 1500 Club sign on the table so you won't miss me. Hit this thread back if you intend on coming, we'll be leaving around 7:45 am to cruise to the show. See you there!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: