Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Ghia hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

this ghia popped up at he beginning of april and was able to make a deal and brought it to Arizona from Norcal this weekend. it was a 30 hour drive

as found
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

at its new home with friends

61 patina Ghia
71 bus
73 super beetle
74 thing
75 half bug
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
688GUY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

My wife and I found these two '60's Ghia sitting near Sommerville, GA a month or so ago. We came around the corner and both said "Ghias!" at the same time. They were fairly intact, but I really didn't go over them too much, we were sorta afraid of getting shot. My wife took the pics from the truck, so not a lot of detail...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
btalbot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Can yo believe that a VW Guy would let this happen? This is a small sample of the VW's that was on this property

rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

btalbot, did you talk to anyone there to see if they want to sell any of it, or was everything just abandoned in the woods. I read about a place online in Virginia out in the woods where there we stacks of old VW's all over the place, wondering if that is the same place.
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
btalbot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Sorry to say none are for sale at this time. If and when I'll post it.
Bill
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

btalbot wrote:
Can yo believe that a VW Guy would let this happen? This is a small sample of the VW's that was on this property

Ooohhh... I neeeds this!!!!

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Today Auckland hosted the Ellerslie Car Show, an annual event that’s been going for 50 years. At the event I came upon this rather curious lowlight with a combination of revisions I have haven’t seen since that one in Havana Cuba.

It seems that the previous owner performed the changes back in the 70s including the colour change. It was delivered in New Zealand back in the late 50s and given a RHD dash. The current owner has no desire to reverse any of it. He quite likes it the way it is. And why not.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
btalbot wrote:

Ooohhh... I neeeds this!!!!
Ghiapet 2.0 Very Happy
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:
Today Auckland hosted the Ellerslie Car Show, an annual event that’s been going for 50 years. At the event I came upon this rather curious lowlight with a combination of revisions I have haven’t seen since that one in Havana Cuba.

It seems that the previous owner performed the changes back in the 70s including the colour change. It was delivered in New Zealand back in the late 50s and given a RHD dash. The current owner has no desire to reverse any of it. He quite likes it the way it is. And why not.

Nicholas

I can think of a number of reasons, but that car has an interesting history. Props to the owner for appreciating it for what its... https://themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2009/5/25/articles-1957-vw-karmann-ghia-corvair-top-ghia-222
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

otahuhu wrote:
I can think of a number of reasons, but that car has an interesting history. Props to the owner for appreciating it for what its... https://themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2009/5/25/articles-1957-vw-karmann-ghia-corvair-top-ghia-222

How wonderful. Clearly with that history it’s in a class of its own. Too bad the corvair engine is no longer present.
Nicholas
Tahlequah Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Found this one in the classic section of a salvage yard in southern Oklahoma, they said it has a title and for sale. Back bumper is off sitting in front of it.
Tahlequah Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

I like to buy ghias with at least a good nose, took some self restraint to let these be
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:
otahuhu wrote:

How wonderful. Clearly with that history it’s in a class of its own. Too bad the corvair engine is no longer present.
Nicholas

I saw it several times with the Corvair engine in it. I might even have a photo. It has been sold, so Terry has told me.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

This just popped up on the local CL. I know of another one in my own neighborhood.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/richmond-1971-volkswagen-karman-ghia/7284566521.html

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Here's the one in my neighborhood, a late coupe in green and primer, in a carport, unmoved for the eight years we've lived here. I thought I had a better pic but could not find it. It used to have a tarp on it but that apparently rotted away.

58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Picked up this 10/56 Gazelle Beige Lowlight ghia, it had been sitting for at least 30 years at this location and the owner wasn’t sure when it was hacked.

c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Congrats on the project. You got some work to do.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Congrats on the project. You got some work to do.

Thanks, I won’t be keeping this one though. I’ve got other projects I’d like to get to before tackling a project this big. I’m sure it’ll be in the classifieds here soon.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1188932421564395
55chevy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

campism wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1188932421564395

I went and looked at this before I ran across my new 64, it runs and is complete, and very rusted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Page 54 of 58

Jump to: