Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

eBay Bus lunchpail burn
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: eBay Bus lunchpail burn Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

item #190037676543

....I know this maybe shouldn't be in this forum but you people have such clean answers and it is a split....

With some great help I was the winner of this item. Within minutes of winning the seller, oiled_izzir35, started emailing that it sold for too cheap and wasn't going to let it go for that price. I'm really afraid of ebay and was just wondering if this is normal for people to do. It doesn't seem like ebay should host scamms like this.
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there a freakin reserve on it? if not- too damn bad for the ignorant seller...

report them (not like egay will do anything about it)
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

report it to ebay, and do it fast. include ALL parts of any emails you received saying he would not sell it to you for that price. that includes headers, dates/times, etc. also, how about posting a copy here.
there was NO RESERVE and $355 with no thermos is not a bad price, so fuck him. i mean the guy sells lunchboxes on ebay, he knows how it works, and knows how to price things. look at the opening bid.
if he wanted more, he should have put a reserve. he didn't, it ended, he has to sell it to you.
if it does not work out, leave him the nastiest feedback you can.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's $355, it's not like it was $5.

Tough shit for the seller, he has entered a legally binding agreement.

This sort of happened to me. The seller bitched hard and overcharged me for shipping but he followed through in the end.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

careful hazet....your blood-pressure.. Laughing
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i just got out of bed! wait till i get some coffee and really wake up! Laughing
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there was NO RESERVE

That was one of the things mentioned in the email saying why the person couldn't sell it that "I "forgot" to put in a "reserve"".
The burn has been reported but so what if it's a legal contract? You can't reach through the computer screen and slap the person around and grab your lunchpail.
polo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy/sell on eBay a lot (not related to VWs) and this guy is scamming you to recoup a loss on an itme he completely missed was a highly sought after collectible. If he knew it was worth a lot, and felt he had a min. price, he should have listed it with a reserve or a higher starting bid.

The first bid was put up two days in advance of the auction end and the first bid that bumped that bid up to its high was a full three hours before auction end. He had plenty of time to pull the auction prior to closing.

If he was serious about values of collectibles, he should have done his research prior to listing. He's got hundreds of lunchboxes listed, he clearly didn't realize what he had. Too friggin' bad, that's the risk of eBay for a seller.

You won the auction, and had several competing bidders that raised the value to what is arguably the market rate I have no idea what the lunchbox is worth, and it doesn't really matter. Three separate distinct bids is clearly sufficient to establish market value for that item at that time in that place.

He has a flat rate for shipping, your price to receive this item is now a fixed legal price. If he's not happy with that... too friggin' bad for him.

You might want to use an escrow service for the transaction, I don't think even PayPal will cover you for that amount should the guy reneg on his sale after taking your $. Definitely contact eBay if he does not comply with his agreement. They may just do something about it in this case.

But be prepared that you might not get that lunchbox; posession is 99% of the law.
2004 New Beetle Convertible GLS 1.8T

BumbleBuggy wrote:
Nothing is cooler than driving a car that brings joy to the world simply by idling at a light.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that not following though on a sale is a bannable offense. not that it really makes that much difference, they can get another id. but they have been there for a while, so maybe they will be willing to work with you.
i still want to see what they said. too bad if they "forgot". i call bull shit on that. they sell enough on ebay to know how to put a reserve.

Last edited by hazetguy on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I feel lucky buying mine off the SAMBA for 295 with the thermos
a month or so ago (it's not for sale, by the way Laughing ) from an honest SAMBA seller

Last edited by splitpile on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
polo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
That was one of the things mentioned in the email saying why the person couldn't sell it that "I "forgot" to put in a "reserve"".
"I forgot" to file my taxes doesn't work. "I forgot" to pay my mortgage doesn't work. "I forgot" to pay my child support doesn't work. "I forgot" to show up in court doesn't work.

"I forgot" to put up a reserve doesn't work either.

BumbleBuggy wrote:
Nothing is cooler than driving a car that brings joy to the world simply by idling at a light.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
You can't reach through the computer screen and slap the person around and grab your lunchpail.

Laughing

that sucks- and brings up a story of something i remember from the 1st grade. i was the "new kid" and naturally, comign from back east to washington, i had the back-east "R" when i spoke. there was one kid- Shane Yoncher who would just continue to hound on me about it. I got to the point of ignoring kids pretty well, and let it roll off w/o any issues. one day thou, after school, we were in the hallway and he goes at it again- "i'm stupid, i'm retarded...blah,blah,blah (mind you this kid grew up in a double-wide, so it was pretty pathetic) but that afternoon i had it with his mouth and grabbed my metal lunch box, batman, scooby-doo...don't recall: and commenced beating him with it...until he ran down the hall crying... Twisted Evil little bastard
rlevans
Samba Member

BarryL wrote:
Quote:
there was NO RESERVE

The burn has been reported but so what if it's a legal contract? You can't reach through the computer screen and slap the person around and grab your lunchpail.

"FORGOT"... to damn bad. E-pay is not that hard to use and if you are selling something in the hundreds of dollars, you would think he would preview his listing before submitting Rolling Eyes BURN HIM DOWN ie neg feedback etc, Evil or Very Mad What he is doing is total crap.

If nothing else when he realized his mistake he could of revised his auction with a reserve. The real problem is the cheap bastard probably didn't want to pay for the reserve.

Sorry to rant but this kind of s**t pisses me off, after all he got over 300 bucks for a LUNCH BOX (although it is a bus)

You should post a warning for others in the scams column on this site so he can't rip anyone else off!!
polo
Samba Member

hazetguy wrote:
... a bannable offense. ...
Images of this guy being flogged with bananas comes to mind...

BumbleBuggy wrote:
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

polo wrote:
"I forgot" to file my taxes doesn't work. "I forgot" to pay my mortgage doesn't work. "I forgot" to pay my child support doesn't work. "I forgot" to show up in court doesn't work.

unless your my wifes ex- then for some reason - it works fine for that nut-sack.
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I won a brand new digital camera for a very low price and the seller refused to sell it to me at the winning price despite the fact they also "forgot" to put a reserve on it. I reported it to Ebay and did everything I could to force them to go through with the sale, but in the end I got nothing and ebay did even less to help me. If they flat out refuse to sell it to you, there really isn't much you can do. Report it to ebay with the emails and leave a negative if necessary, though they can also leave you a retaliatory negative....ebay really sucks sometimes.
polo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw... if you can get this guy to take your official auction price + shipping on the item and then he doesn't give it to you, you can file criminal charges on the guy. (He has your legal property and is not giving it to you = stealing) Add to this that its value is greater than $300 and if he is out of your state I think you can even charge him for a Federal crime given the theft has crossed state lines.

Check with a lawyer before you send him any money, but I'm pretty sure its an air tight case and a Federal Marshall showing up on his stoop one day serving him an arrest warrant might just get you that lunch box...

BumbleBuggy wrote:
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get someone one of those lunchbox's here were I
live for less than that.

If you are seriously interested PM me.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rlevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy sells lunch boxes on ebay he probably does alot of flogging on his own Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: