Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

We need repro pans!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and at $250 for my pan... crickets. see the irony?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SquareTone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:

Kind of like all the people hollering that they'll buy your spare FI parts. I had a bunch of FI stuff in the classifieds for 6 months, and never got a nibble. Confused
Let's face it - we're mostly a bunch of deadbeats.

"...it is a well known fact, that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to it."
Help Improve TheSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
i've got the real deal (german pan with minor surface issues sitting at the house and no one will even pay for it... so, why would we think they would pay the big $ for a new one?

I ask you at the Invasion, and you siad it wasn't for sale. I was a cash buyer,

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquareTone wrote:
vwfye wrote:

Kind of like all the people hollering that they'll buy your spare FI parts. I had a bunch of FI stuff in the classifieds for 6 months, and never got a nibble. Confused

Cheap sorry ass bastards more like it.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well russ, while the invasoin was happening, i didn't have the t34 for a race car and i was going to use that pan under a fastback to race.
SquareTone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
SquareTone wrote:
vwfye wrote:

Cheap sorry ass bastards more like it.

OK. I can roll with that one.

"...it is a well known fact, that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to it."
Help Improve TheSamba
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need repro floor pans! Ghia ones are a poor substitute for full pan replacement since they don't look right even with lots of modification. Just got back from a trip to so cal, had planned to come back with a pair of used pans and $500 lighter in the pocket. Guess I didn't plan well enough as I learned too late that ISP only had left sides in stock and Interstate Used, well, besides the phone lady being somewhat dificult to deal with, had no pan halfs available. Said they could probably come up with a complete pan but it would need some work. They didn't know what it looked like or what condition it was in. Took 4 phone calls and 5 days to get that answer - they were most helpfull Rolling Eyes .

So if you, like me are willing to part with good money for something close to original for the underside of your type 3 you'll have to score a deal from someone cutting one up.
raru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksaddict wrote:
We still need repro floor pans! Ghia ones are a poor substitute for full pan replacement since they don't look right even with lots of modification. Just got back from a trip to so cal, had planned to come back with a pair of used pans and $500 lighter in the pocket. Guess I didn't plan well enough as I learned too late that ISP only had left sides in stock and Interstate Used, well, besides the phone lady being somewhat dificult to deal with, had no pan halfs available. Said they could probably come up with a complete pan but it would need some work. They didn't know what it looked like or what condition it was in. Took 4 phone calls and 5 days to get that answer - they were most helpfull Rolling Eyes .

So if you, like me are willing to part with good money for something close to original for the underside of your type 3 you'll have to score a deal from someone cutting one up.

pming you man... Wink
95 Jetta
98 323is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksaddict wrote:

interstate can be a PITA to deal with, their office lady and the guy up at the yard have a major disconnect when it comes to the availability and condition of parts.

im in the process if figuring out why i would need to go up and pick up an entire pan half just for the seat rails. Rolling Eyes
TOOB Member #3
I make D-jet FI connectors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RTKings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volksaddict-
Sorry. I grabbed the pans at ISP you were hot on. I apologize. I needed pans, and Alex said they were available. My resto is about 60% done, and my pans for my Notch were complete garbage. It was the last thing I needed for the project to get back on track. If I hear of anything, I promise to let you know.

Gerson-
As a type three owner, I want to thank you for your desire to help us out in the type three community. Although it looks like your production of type three pans may never materialize, please note that there are many here on the Samba that appreciate your willingness to at least try to help us.

Rob
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling guilty Rob? $ talks and BS walks Wink

When you are featured in HVWs, at the end of the article have them put "special thanks to notchboy-aka early T3 guru for his tireless contribution to the restoration of my vehicle". Laughing

I love you Rob Rolling Eyes

Where is the update pics?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
RTKings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jason - rub it in! Wink I just felt bad about grabbing something that someone had wanted. Been there, and done that. Very Happy I guess I haven't passed Hoarding 101 as of yet! Wink
Don't worry, you'll get your props in the mag article. See the 1500 sight. Who's name is first................ um hmm............ sit down! Very Happy
More pics are coming. Waiting on Jeremy. Haven't had the chance to make it down in the last couple of weeks...........
And I did love ya too, till ya flaked on skiing with all of us next month! Jack, your status? Very Happy

Rob
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notch looks great so far! Did you notice Bob put a ton of your resto pics in you spot as well. Check your mail.

Kill em all-let God sort them out!!

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No harm RTK, you got there first. From the previous posts I got the feeling that ISP had piles of 'em, collecting dust, and Interstate was just a call away. WRONG! Thought I had 2 retail outlets that had pans out there, figured it was like shopping at walmart when paying full price, just call and come pick 'em up. WRONG! Thanks to you cal folks that pm'd offers, too late for me though. Oh well, I'm on a rampage on the floor of the 60 double cab now, Gerson makes panels for that Very Happy Back to the 63 sunroof notch this spring... or summer...
RTKings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksaddict-
I'll pm you if I hear of any pans (in good condition, of course!) popping up. I know Martin at the DDB had a L & R that were in not too bad condition. Have you rang him yet? If I get any other leads, I'll be contacting ASAP.

Jason-
Yep, saw the pics on the Club sight! Must say Bob is awesome on the computer! He actually made me car look o.k.! Smile
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTKings wrote:
saw the pics on the Club sight! Must say Bob is awesome on the computer! He actually made me car look o.k.! Smile

Rob, I was surprised to see the photos on the 1500 site. The car looked really clean to begin with -- why the complete teardown? Was there a lot of hidden rot that doesn't show in the photos? The pan doesn't look so bad to me.
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
PIMPPRIDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksaddict wrote:
No harm RTK, you got there first. From the previous posts I got the feeling that ISP had piles of 'em, collecting dust, WRONG!

we did at one point, but with the recent catalog upgrade on our website we actually sold out allot of the sets and all the single passenger sides we had in stock,

I have a pair right now, but they are for early cars, these have no extra floor supports and a little thinner then what you would get with a later model donor as their aged aka been on the road longer, they are perfect if you were planing on undercoating the car after installation, not so good if you were going to powder coat the pan show ' bling 'bling...

Anthony / ISP WEST
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55OvalCharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTKings wrote:
And I did love ya too, till ya flaked on skiing with all of us next month! Jack, your status? Very Happy

Rob

all this talk of love - people will start to talk about you two!!!

As for the skiing - yep - Jason - i'm still trying to get over the fact that you've pulled out of the trip! Sad
I hope we can still reply on Jack??????

http://www.aircooledapparel.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AircooledApparel
RTKings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t3kg-
The car looked 'nice' from afar, but let's just say no matter how much lip stick you put on a pig, it's still a pig. The car had a LOT of bumps and bruises all over. The former owner in Huntington Beach tried (unsuccessfully) to 'fog' in birch green paint into areas showing primer. Here's the visual - flat paint, and use glossy touch up. Very Happy Not a good thing. My original pans were shot. Former owner got me there. He loaded up probably 5 gallons or undercoating to 'fill in' the multiple holes in the floor pans. Let's say - swiss cheese pans! Very Happy Figured if I was going to do pans and body work and paint, I might as well go for the whole deal. Motor, trans (Rancho in CA), body work, paint, interior (Anthony and Alex), the whole car will be completely new. Nice $30K investment. Too bad that if I went to sell the car, I'd be lucky to see half of that. But, it was something that I really wanted, and the. Mrs. gave me the green light. Figured I'd better do it before she changed her mind! Wink
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55OvalCharlie wrote:
RTKings wrote:

Rob

all this talk of love - people will start to talk about you two!!!

As for the skiing - yep - Jason - i'm still trying to get over the fact that you've pulled out of the trip! Sad
I hope we can still reply on Jack??????

I'm in the flaky dept. too. I just put my 2 week notice in at my current job and I will be starting my new job the same week of Charlie's visit. Confused
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: