Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
57veedubb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HBwesty wrote:
As for the sales tax, if you walk into a store and buy, guess what, sales tax applies. Unless I am wrong. . .

Didn't see this before my last post; but after i had brought up the issue at the store greg told me there was nothing he can do, next time. . .
so ya, it's cool you have that little grey area at their store like in-n-out has their unwritten menu. most stores would laugh at you if you asked if sales tax were optional when you paid with cash.

another cool thing i forgot to mention is i was called and told my order was in. i explained they forgot to give me an alternator strap, guy said no problem we'll have one here for you. thought that was pretty cool, most people would heckle and swear they gave it to you
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the sales tax thing, they can do that with cash but it's technically illegal. They just take the cash and don't report a sale.

I've had this option at various stores, VW and otherwise, and it's nice to save some money but they are taking a risk. In fact, they might be pissed to see it posted on here. Wink

For what it's worth, I agree with you on the $3 magazine on an $800 sale, it sounds like they could have gotten a bunch of goodwill for that $3 but I also don't think it's worth posting over (yes, I am repeating myself)
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MinamiKotaro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

57veedubb wrote:
ps and to be honest i was really looking forward to writing a good review for this place but when i found out i couldn't even get a magazine as a thank you for bringing my business there it totally changed my opinion

Are you kidding me? You got exactly what you paid for but you're upset because they wouldn't throw in a free doodad? Spending money does not entitle you to anything except what you paid for. If you want anything else, pay for it, too! Damn.
Check out my ongoing story.
57veedubb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinamiKotaro wrote:
57veedubb wrote:
ps and to be honest i was really looking forward to writing a good review for this place but when i found out i couldn't even get a magazine as a thank you for bringing my business there it totally changed my opinion

Are you kidding me? You got exactly what you paid for but you're upset because they wouldn't throw in a free doodad? Spending money does not entitle you to anything except what you paid for. If you want anything else, pay for it, too! Damn.

ok i do admit my first post was little childish but looking back on my experience there, it wasn't that bad. actually it was ok; smooth transaction, easy going service. i'd give a recommendation to go there
beetleragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: UK Business Reply with quote

desertdirtbag wrote:
Yeah,and you probably got a real invoice with your order huh? And He can check and see what He shipped you from His end and give you real tracking numbers to boot.

haha nearly 4 1/2 years and just spotted this!!

yep get a real invoice emailed with full detail, get tracking numbers confirmed when shipped etc etc

spent over 100k there last year for my uk customers, had 2 issues through that year, one was a faulty set of cb spindles replaced free without question and a missing case saver on a case (which was part of a full engine kit) posted same day.

so out of $100,000 ish spent i had issues with $150 of parts all resolved instantly without question.

Doesnt get better Very Happy

cheers james
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
TATZELWURM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed a 700 dollar order and John called to let me know the CB Uni Tech rods were out of stock from CB and gave me the option of cancelling or backordering them. Which was nice instead of finding out when the order came. Everything else arrived fine. Shipped pretty fast from the west coast to the east coast. Would do bussiness with them again.
blake28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they just changed their website from vwparts.net to piersideimports.net

anyone know anything about that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was informed a name change was necessary due the "VW" in the previous name.

I have updated the title of this thread at their request.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alte Blechdose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are knowledgeable and seem very customer friendly . I placed a small order ( 150.00 ) with them to see how they handle things . The parts shipped quickly and prices are fair , These folks will be seeing more of my business . Keep up the good work guys .

Blechdose
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put some oder 16 days ago after few emails and explain the situation, the guy from sales departement give me green light, after I paypal the money I get e-mail that the items will be shiped soon.
I dint hear anything after that,4-5mails later still no response, tonight I call (from holland )and find out that the items can't be shiped to different adress (why I dont get any information about this, and I told the sales departement the details early) and in oder form it has shiping adress and billing adress?
this my second order from them the first order direct to my adress in holland and no problem ,but this time to diferent address, took 16days and 4-5 mails without any reply.
after phone call the guy from shiping departement told me they will write me an e-mail.he appologized and understand my frustration, but nothing he cant do and he promised to paypal my money back , but I probably lossing 2x 4% paypal charge wich is around 80$
still waiting for an e-mail and hoping my $1000+ order end up with happy ending
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfindo wrote:
put some oder 16 days ago after few emails and explain the situation, the guy from sales departement give me green light, after I paypal the money I get e-mail that the items will be shiped soon.
I dint hear anything after that,4-5mails later still no response, tonight I call (from holland )and find out that the items can't be shiped to different adress (why I dont get any information about this, and I told the sales departement the details early) and in oder form it has shiping adress and billing adress?
this my second order from them the first order direct to my adress in holland and no problem ,but this time to diferent address, took 16days and 4-5 mails without any reply.
after phone call the guy from shiping departement told me they will write me an e-mail.he appologized and understand my frustration, but nothing he cant do and he promised to paypal my money back , but I probably lossing 2x 4% paypal charge wich is around 80$
still waiting for an e-mail and hoping my $1000+ order end up with happy ending

In the USA there is a lot of Fraud from other countries. The netherlands is not known for fraud but the rules are set in place to protect the credit card companies, vendors and purchaser alike when shipping to different addresses. So if you know this information now you can avoid any problems later with future orders. Even with Excellent comp[anies in Europe I always have some sort of problem too. Dealing over-seas just is what it is..not really Piersides' fault.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surfindo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the USA there is a lot of Fraud from other countries. The netherlands is not known for fraud but the rules are set in place to protect the credit card companies, vendors and purchaser alike when shipping to different addresses. So if you know this information now you can avoid any problems later with future orders. Even with Excellent comp[anies in Europe I always have some sort of problem too. Dealing over-seas just is what it is..not really Piersides' faultIn the USA there is a lot of Fraud from other countries. The netherlands is not known for fraud but the rules are set in place to protect the credit card companies, vendors and purchaser alike when shipping to different addresses. So if you know this information now you can avoid any problems later with future orders. Even with Excellent comp[anies in Europe I always have some sort of problem too. Dealing over-seas just is what it is..not really Piersides' fault

not saying it s pierside's fault, I know things like this could happen and all the frauds , but I mail them and they confirmed no problem ,and its in their email comfirmation stated shipping address and billing address.
ok today they paypal the money back and get email from them.
it just pitty this took 16 days without any response to my 4 mails, and I need to make phone call to find out.
Pierside Parts Unlimited
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfindo,
We ship more international orders than any VW parts seller in the US and we have a good system in place but after being robbed of 4 orders totaling over $6,000 in one week via online orders paid via paypal and shipped to indonesia, we can no longer ship to different addresses especially to indonesia, nigeria, afghanistan or another country known for its fraudulent transactions.
If you pay via bank wire transfer we will ship your order wherever you like, no questions asked.
Your paypal account was unverified and therefore offered no protection to us regarding these types of transactions.
until the banks get a payment system that protects merchants and stops international fraud, this rule will not change here.

Have a great day!
Greg
tochtli83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some really hard to find water-cooled fuel system parts from these fellers. I always stock up on stuff I can't find. I bought a MK2 fuel reservoir that was listed as a 55mm unit. Turns out, it was for a 63mm unit. Hooray me! Some buyer's might be pissed, but I'm elated. The 63mm reservoir is impossible to find!

Got a sweet MK1 sending unit too. All in all, a great transaction!
racoguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a special grind webcam from them and after several emails requesting an update here we are nearly 2 months later still with no outcome.
I called them last week to be told they are still waiting for it so I asked for him to find out how much longer it would be and to please let me know..................still no reply.
Pretty disappointed and frustrated at their lack of service.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racoguy wrote:
Ordered a special grind webcam from them and after several emails requesting an update here we are nearly 2 months later still with no outcome.
I called them last week to be told they are still waiting for it so I asked for him to find out how much longer it would be and to please let me know..................still no reply.
Pretty disappointed and frustrated at their lack of service.

I'm sure they're at the mercy of the shop that's actually doing the work. Custom stuff lime that can have a long lead time and delays should be expected. They should be honest and tell you that they simply don't know when it will be done.

You can always cancel the order as long as they didn't start working in it but I doubt any other shop will get it to you faster.

its simply a custom part and not something they have sitting on a shelf.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
racoguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told it would be 2 weeks when ordered.
Non communication and promises of replies are just plain unprofessional especially when I go to the effort to call and ask.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can order direct from webcam. If pierside doesn't have an answer, go straight to the source. They were good to me on two recent orders..
racoguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A follow up to this, called Webcam and the lady there was really helpful.
She was shocked to hear about the 2 month wait and told me Pierside had not ordered the cam until 2 weeks ago (that's 6 WEEKS after I ordered it from them)
They probably ordered it after my last phone call to them, she also went on to say that they had that cam in stock but was a clearance for stroke one, did I want that? Yes please! She would send it out to Pierside that day.......................so I waited....................waited some more and heard nothing..............
Called Pierside again yesterday and was told oh yeah we have that cam here!

Never again, terrible company to deal with.
Pierside Parts Unlimited
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esde wrote:
you can order direct from webcam.
yes you can, you can also go direct to scat for rockers and Jaycee for pushrod tubes. this method will get you an astronomical shipping bill if you can even get them to ship the parts to new zealand. We ship tons of parts via US priority mail all over the world and have a special mail pick up every afternoon.
Ive tried to get to the bottom of this situation and can only chalk it up to poor communication and follow up on our part. that being said, it strikes me as strange that webcam just happened to have exactly the cam "WE NEVER ordered" sitting on their shelf. I'm not sure I buy that. out of the ordinary grind # with 112 lobe centers on the shelf???
I'm implementing some new procedures to help us follow up on special order items so this doesn't happen again.
If anyone ever has any shipping questions or feedback feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
shipping questions on orders in progress please email [email protected] and carol will get back to you right away.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: