Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cairog9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Parts to Australia Reply with quote

Hi I placed an order on Thursday got my parts the following Tuesday,I am in Australia.I will certainly be ordering more parts from them.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Gift certificate Reply with quote

Won a couple of Gift certificates in 2007 and have been kicking them around . I finally got a bug up my Bu** an decided to cash them in .
I sent them in with my wish list and the parts arrived in less than a week round trip .
Postage was at USPS actual cost and items were as advertised. I would definitely BUY something from these people in the future and can say nothing but nice things about them .

Stacy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Door hinge pins Reply with quote

I realized that I had credit due back from my last order. I rent a hinge pin tool and want to offer mirror hinge pins as well as reamers and the tool .
I had just enough to get one pin and shipping . I sent them a SASE envelope and they actually sent me back 2 pins.
I do not really have an air cooled VW and get my Boxer parts locally . If I ever have a need for A/C parts or if any one asks me for a recommendation it will hands down be too these people.
They are great on the phone , run a great website with great parts and do a no BS business.

Call me satisfied.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldandinthewaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW Parts Unlimited,Engines Reply with quote

FASTBACKDON wrote:
oldandinthewaybus wrote:
As a parts house they have all the stuff.But as engine builders of the basic 1600 DP all I can say is I was living local in Huntington Beach in 2009.....Thank God I was right there.They screwed me over big time.4 bad engines in a row and 4 months later I get my cost of engine money back.I was out $1,500 in shop bills for labor for installing and pulling and tune and oil changes on bad engines.I walked in their shop and payed cash upfront for their engine.The builder at the time finally told me he did not build that engine.Well who did? never got that answer.A shop with over 40 years in the business of VW's should be cranking out bulletproof 1600's in their sleep.Don't try and blame me for this I was a customer and they ripped me off plain and simple.At the time you had to have a VW shop install their engine and I had that done.After I got my money back from P.U I went to D&J Auto in Huntington Beach,Ca and had Gary build me an engine.That dude knows what he is doing and his engine has been trouble free in my 67...13 window.Do yourself a favor and don't buy an engine from P.U.... VW Parts Unlimited of Huntington Beach,Ca.Don't believe posts made by those with an intrest in PU .When you get your new engine shipped to Kansas and it's blowing oil and has metal shavings in the oil good luck shipping and getting another.Pissed off sure I am I was right there in Huntington Beach and I got the run around from PU for 4 months.And I am out over $1,500 in labor cost.No money back from PU if a VW shop did not put it in.Stick with a builder in your area that you know or someone close will stand behind.....

Correct me if I am wrong but you bought 4 engines from them? If I am understanding your post correctly. Well after the 1st bad one you should have stopped there hmm. I am not trying to bust your chops but if you kept getting bad shit from them why did you keep going back. What am I missing here?
..................Hi I am the dude that had to wait thru 4 engines...I don't get in here much and I just saw this question... VW Parts Unlimited of Huntington Beach,Ca would not give me back my money.I wanted it back after the first bad engine but they would not do that "Give us another try"...Ok...4 bad engines later and many visits to their shop they finally and with much trouble gave me a check.I have never been treated like that ever.And I am so glad I was right there to get it done.Orders for engines from out of town good luck to you.....
oldandinthewaybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: www.vwparts.net - Vee Dub Parts Unlimited - greg@vwparts Reply with quote

grimace007 wrote:
any feedback on these guys? ive done searches to no avail
........For parts they seem to have it all but as far as engines.My post is on this site.I walked in and handed them cash for a 1600dp I had that engine installed by a VW shop.It was a bad engine and had tons of metal in the oil at the first change.I payed to have they engine pulled and sent back to their shop.I wanted my money back they said give us another chance...well 4 bad engines later and out $1,500 in fees for having those engines put in and taken out and tuned and...well stressed out to the max and a whole summer wasted.I finally got my money back from there because I was living right there and I stayed on them.Buyers out of town good luck to you.I have never been treated like that ever.They would not give me back my money and cost me much more money and stress and a wasted summer...VW Parts Unlimited of Huntington Beach,Calif ..do yourself a favor buy local somewhere near your home or D&J Auto in Huntington Beach,Calif..they know what they are going...
cairog9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: vw parts .net Reply with quote

Hi I ordered some door scrapers etc.,package arrived very well packed,and they had also refunded me $30 from the freight estimate.
A very happy customer.Thank you again.
77charger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a fan earlier today it was a bad one and hole was out of center.I took it back and they offered me another but i decided to get a full refund and got it no problems.

I am one who will buy locally vs online ordering and customer service goes a long way with me.That being said i will continue to buy from them in the future.Have only spent about 1000-1200 in there in the past few years i am sure it might not be much compared to others but its something and from service i got today it makes it solid for me.
Auto linea alm case,82 dpr crank wedgemated by DK machine
cb 5.4 h beams,12 pound DPR f/w,Slr xv294cam,cb straight cuts,hpmx 44s,40x35 heads ported by brothers machine
microbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some Rhino mounts... great people to deal with!
Thanks alot!
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rec'd a nice clutch assy from them today to mate to my new prostreet trans, Nice price and greats folks to work with, I will go back for sure!!
HBwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don for building such a great motor for my bus
If I am happy, you are happy.
I am happy, so you must be happy.

Thanks again,
Ken

69 Campmobile
65 Bug
06 New Beetle
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I am totally impressed with Greg and his guys. I had an issue with a minor flaw on an Udo Becker tool steel lifters that I know Greg hand carried from Udo in Germany all the way here. Not only did he refund my small return shipping amount but also matched their weights for me and had each one individually vacuum bagged to insure against any shipping defects from Cali to Maryland. Yes, I am particular about what goes in my engine and they responded perfectly to my special requests.
Also, both times their phone service was professional and shipping almost seemed like 2-day, even across the country.
I have used these guys in the past and will definitely use them a lot more.
Support the good vendors who support our sport!
Thanks Greg and the guys at Vee Dub Parts Unlimited!
Your service and delivery is exceptional
You just earned a loyal customer today.
John Cox
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Veedub Parts Reply with quote

I always stop in to visit these guys on my annual summer vacation to SoCal. They are very customer focused and have an incredible selection of parts on hand. On this trip, I picked up some hard-to-find IDA idle and main jets, pre-filters, pushrods, various head & oil pump gaskets, zinc lubricants, etc.

I would recommend to anyone who is planning to visit Disneyland or other California tourist areas, to stop by for a look Smile

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
abgwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the torque multiplier tool (for the rear castle nut) from these guys.

They had the lowest advertised price and more surprisingly, had it in stock (no one else seems to at the moment!)

Ordered it Tuesday and it arrived Thursday. Couldn't be happier (well, if it had had instructions included, maybe I would, but that's the manufacturer's fault not theirs).
vochus56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Feedback from my purchasesˇ Reply with quote

I purchased a set of EMPI CHROME 17" 911 Fuchs Alloy Wheels for my oldie bug, nice communication, a super low price, adding the shipping quote to my home in Mexico, City, with or without, no other cant beat their costsˇˇˇ

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A lot of help bring to me, for payment and shipping options to get them secure, Fast drop shipping as advertised, i paid on Monday, and arrived on Fridayˇ Super nice FEDEX service, as selected ground/economyˇˇ

Will buy againˇ Thank you.ˇˇ Very Happy[/img]
RUI FARIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: GREAT SERVICE Reply with quote

Been dealing with Greg since 2004, service has always been excellent with monthly shipments to South Africa, you can't go wrong with Greg and his team.
57veedubb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spent over $800 (including taxes) but apparently if you tell them about not paying taxes before the transaction they won't charge you for that. so i believe i paid about $90 in taxes which is pure profit for them. i asked if i can have a $3 magazine and was told no; didn't really like how i got treated because they made me feel like i was trying to be cheap when i spent over $800 and $90 of that was thrown away.

is that how they treat people who go in and drop big bucks and they can't get hooked up with a magazine or something to show their appreciation especially when i pretty much gave them $90 of my money? in my opinion wal-mart treats its customers better and i don't even like going to wal-mart

ps and to be honest i was really looking forward to writing a good review for this place but when i found out i couldn't even get a magazine as a thank you for bringing my business there it totally changed my opinion
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point of posting what sounds negative over some $3 magazine you didn't get.

Anyway... I'm not sure what you mean by taxes but if you live in CA, they have to charge you CA sales tax if they are shipping to a CA address. You might want to explain what you mean better.

If they charged you CA sales tax and then shipped outside CA, as far as I know they owe you that money back and you should call and demand it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70coupyel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

57veedubb wrote:
i spent over $800 (including taxes) but apparently if you tell them about not paying taxes before the transaction they won't charge you for that.

I guess you didn't ask before. YOUR mistake.

57veedubb wrote:
so i believe i paid about $90 in taxes which is pure profit for them.

Every business is in it for "pure profit".

57veedubb wrote:
i asked if i can have a $3 magazine and was told no

Real simple you asked and got your answer.

57veedubb wrote:
didn't really like how i got treated because they made me feel like i was trying to be cheap

I have to ask,"Were you being cheap?"

57veedubb wrote:
is that how they treat people who go in and drop big bucks and they can't get hooked up with a magazine or something to show their appreciation especially when i pretty much gave them $90 of my money? in my opinion wal-mart treats its customers better and i don't even like going to wal-mart

Go to Walmart and buy your parts there. Then ask them for your free magazine and see what their answer is.

Lets see 3 posts you have and 2 of them your not happy. Stating the facts.

I have been going to VW Unlimited from about 89 or 90. They have always been fair and I have seen them really take care of their customers. Look at all the happy customers that show up there during VW Classic week open house.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338946&highlight=
70 KG Coup
83 Westy Waterboxer
HBwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have been going to VDub for many years now and never any problems. As for the sales tax, if you walk into a store and buy, guess what, sales tax applies. Unless I am wrong, my guess since the unhappy buyer maybe from Montebellow he quite possibly was a walkin.

Greg, keep up the great service.

69 Campmobile
65 Bug
06 New Beetle
57veedubb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok forgive me for coming off kind of angry; i'll give veedub parts this, they had a GREAT selection, one of the better ones i've seen. and yes it was my fault that i didn't ask about sales tax before the transaction. before i walked in i called and was told if you pay with cash you won't get charged sales tax, and that's what i did. when he gave me the total i didn't find out until after i had paid taxes which i was told i didn't have to pay if paid with cash. i did not speak up MY FAULT i admit.
and no i was not being cheap for those who are curious; i was a just a little upset that i had spent over $800 and couldn't get a stinkin' magazine i was also a little bitter about yesterday but who wouldn't be if a simple question about paying sales tax was the thin line between saving $90 and spending it.. i could've spent that money on god knows what

unrelated but for those who don't believe me about wal-mart here's the lowdown; a few weeks ago i walk in pick up a $700 flatscreen, pass through the magazine section on my way to check out, pick the new hot vw's mag, as i'm reading it in line (which the store manager was the cashier) dude looks at me smiles and says take it; so i didn't even ask he just gave it to me. maybe he was a vw person too? don't really know. doubt that'll ever happen again

looking back on it, i gave them my money and got what i paid for; maybe it wasn't as bad as i recall
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: