Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jimdubs wrote:
I was waiting for someone to post that, but in all fairness, he is offering a more affordable option for the less discerning buyer! Very Happy

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2426664

Laughing I love the line "not to many in this condition anymore". Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:

Another example of a "rare" 1963. But this one "needs very little to make a show car." And by very little, they mean dent work, heater channel and lower body welding, seat covers, full headliner, carpet, floor mats and a full paint job including proper color coding the wheels, and that's before knowing the condition of the pans.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2427766

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
jimdubs wrote:
I was waiting for someone to post that, but in all fairness, he is offering a more affordable option for the less discerning buyer! Very Happy

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2426664

There's no excuse for a member of this site since 2004 to ever think that car's a number 2 condition.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2429293
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:

That dude should be ashamed of himself. He ought to be paying someone $500 to haul that piece of shit off.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grenadeAcorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:

Whoa, what a bargain Shocked
1964 Ford Galaxie 500 FB (this one either)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2429966

Not whining about the price, in fact it might be in my driveway if it were a smidge closer, BUT what do people have against masking tape (or taking things apart)??

Would it have been too much to remove the brake reservoir or gas tank before blindly spraying them with paint!!??
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

and why blast it with a hose and fill it with water?! Rolling Eyes

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I'm not going to reveal the current advertiser (although the car fits in this forum), but this speaks to many advertisers. At first there was only one photo in the ad. I responded to an ad this morning asking if he had an online photo file like Dropbox or Google Drive where he has or can post pics of the car. His response, "I don't." That was it. Not "I can set one up," or "I have pics I can text or email," nothing.

I emailed him back and asked if he had any photos he could email me. He sent two. No comment, just two pics. The ad now has three pics, but the extra one he sent me showed that rust is far more significant than the ad states.

Seriously? In this day and age, if you are trying to sell a car when most buyers are out of town (and most likely out of state) and the buyer has to pull teeth to get pics, much less any proactive help from the seller, WTH??

The last two cars I bought resulting from TheSamba, the sellers had an AVALANCHE of high def, large format pics on cloud drives. Granted, I don't expect THAT level of readiness, but to be completely disengaged from the expectation that a buyer would want photos and not be ready to send them blows my mind. And the abject lack of engagement speaks volumes. Rolling Eyes Good luck with the sale! Neutral

And now the price is $2k more than it was this morning when it first posted Laughing

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
I'm not going to reveal the current advertiser (although the car fits in this forum), but this speaks to many advertisers. At first there was only one photo in the ad. I responded to an ad this morning asking if he had an online photo file like Dropbox or Google Drive where he has or can post pics of the car. His response, "I don't." That was it. Not "I can set one up," or "I have pics I can text or email," nothing.

I emailed him back and asked if he had any photos he could email me. He sent two. No comment, just two pics. The ad now has three pics, but the extra one he sent me showed that rust is far more significant than the ad states.

Seriously? In this day and age, if you are trying to sell a car when most buyers are out of town (and most likely out of state) and the buyer has to pull teeth to get pics, much less any proactive help from the seller, WTH??

The last two cars I bought resulting from TheSamba, the sellers had an AVALANCHE of high def, large format pics on cloud drives. Granted, I don't expect THAT level of readiness, but to be completely disengaged from the expectation that a buyer would want photos and not be ready to send them blows my mind. And the abject lack of engagement speaks volumes. Rolling Eyes Good luck with the sale! Neutral

And now the price is $2k more than it was this morning when it first posted Laughing

That's just a seller who isn't motivated to sell, simple as that. I picked up my 65 earlier this year after it sat for sale on The Samba for a few months. It was priced similar to many other projects, which I feel is why it was overlooked. That is due to the fact that the pictures posted weren't that great. The lighting didn't show off the car that well despite the car being in 100% daily driver condition.

I messaged the seller and he proceeded to send close to 70 pictures of every angle of the car possible, including multiple videos of it running/driving. Anything I requested he would send me, which ultimately led me to purchase the car. I never even spoke to the guy over the phone, only through text. California 1 owner car that wasn't original paint but was on it's original spotless chassis, clean interior, with the original but rebuilt motor.

I wired the money and had it shipped from California to New Jersey. The car itself was exactly as I pictured it would be considering the detailed pictures he sent me, and I got a killer deal even after including the $1k shipping cost. I use my own car as an example of good deals still being out there when I come across people looking to buy.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

that's because of all the interest you showed! Laughing

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

That's just a seller who isn't motivated to sell, simple as that. I picked up my 65 earlier this year after it sat for sale on The Samba for a few months. It was priced similar to many other projects, which I feel is why it was overlooked. That is due to the fact that the pictures posted weren't that great. The lighting didn't show off the car that well despite the car being in 100% daily driver condition.

I messaged the seller and he proceeded to send close to 70 pictures of every angle of the car possible, including multiple videos of it running/driving. Anything I requested he would send me, which ultimately led me to purchase the car. I never even spoke to the guy over the phone, only through text. California 1 owner car that wasn't original paint but was on it's original spotless chassis, clean interior, with the original but rebuilt motor.

I wired the money and had it shipped from California to New Jersey. The car itself was exactly as I pictured it would be considering the detailed pictures he sent me, and I got a killer deal even after including the $1k shipping cost. I use my own car as an example of good deals still being out there when I come across people looking to buy.

Good advice and this does happen from time to time.

I do NOT recommend only speaking via text though before sending money.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

that's because of all the interest you showed! Laughing

There is at least one guy here that does that when selling parts.

All of his stuff is super expensive but if he posts something for his normal jacked-up prices and it still gets a lot of interest, he jacks it up even more.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Patiently Impatient wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

Good advice and this does happen from time to time.

I do NOT recommend only speaking via text though before sending money.

I would not recommend it at all as well, but in my case I have a good sense of judging people and their character just from basic communication.

We also both encouraged and had no issues with taking the proper measures. Before any bank account information was swapped we knew exactly who the other person was. Pictures of ID, mailing address, full name, etc. Most of this I didn't mention to him but I was able to verify just through the use of the internet. It's not difficult to figure out if someone really is who they say they are or if they're playing games.
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

At $19,000 he's probably going to own it for another 32 years.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2431797
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

oh lord Rolling Eyes another over priced future herby. abortion after birth! Shame on you Shame on you Brick wall
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2433606
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
oh lord Rolling Eyes another over priced future herby. abortion after birth! Shame on you Shame on you Brick wall
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2433606

$3,600

"I'm very firm on price"

In that case, I'd say it's very firmly planted in that parking spot. Smile
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2434019

1963 Beetle Convertible Price: 46,000

Quote:
This is not a numbers match car... The price is not negotiable...

banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

kpf wrote:

Quote:

Price just went up another 10 grand !
1963 Beetle Convertible Price: 56,000
1964 Chop Top
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

banana split wrote:
kpf wrote:

Quote:

Price just went up another 10 grand !
1963 Beetle Convertible Price: 56,000

Rolling Eyes Wtf is wrong with people?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 382 of 422

Jump to: