Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
MyLittleTony wrote:
all the people that complain about price seem to have no money to put where their opinionated mouths are. if they were serious about buying, then they would make an offer--I have had several trade offers and compliments for this '59. On the other hand, I have had longtime samba members just send hate mail and give their ill opinions that do not matter to me. I even challenged one of bug mouth to a bet, that if I sold the car for $20,000+, then he could pay me money (and if I didn't then I would pay him something). Of course, his mouth speaks louder than his wallet and he wasn't interested. What a great way to welcome a member!

So are you the same person? You are posting from the same location as the user ineverlistentoFM

Users are only allowed ONE account on the site and now it appears you have at least 2, if not 3.

His location just changed from Staunton, VA to winchester, Virginia 95 mile difference Shocked

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
EverettB wrote:
MyLittleTony wrote:
all the people that complain about price seem to have no money to put where their opinionated mouths are. if they were serious about buying, then they would make an offer--I have had several trade offers and compliments for this '59. On the other hand, I have had longtime samba members just send hate mail and give their ill opinions that do not matter to me. I even challenged one of bug mouth to a bet, that if I sold the car for $20,000+, then he could pay me money (and if I didn't then I would pay him something). Of course, his mouth speaks louder than his wallet and he wasn't interested. What a great way to welcome a member!

So are you the same person? You are posting from the same location as the user ineverlistentoFM

Users are only allowed ONE account on the site and now it appears you have at least 2, if not 3.

His location just changed from Staunton, VA to winchester, Virginia 95 mile difference Shocked

Everett can see IP addresses and other "tell-tale" info behind the scenes, so one's posted location is irrelevant.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental

Last edited by 67 Florida Deluxe on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

A general note about Trades:
A LOT of people get BS trade offers.

Sometimes I look at random ad contacts and there are 3-5 of the same guys that email tons of people asking if they want to trade for their boat or harley or what I'm guessing is basically worthless/useless property in the CA high desert.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:
EverettB wrote:
MyLittleTony wrote:

Everett can see IP addresses and other "tell-tale" info behind the scenes, so one's posted location is irrelevant.

I'm fully aware of what Everett can see and do on his site, I was pointing out a minute after EV called him out for having multiple accounts he changes his location.
The guys Ad is straight up hes just asking way to much $$$

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:

I'm fully aware of what Everett can see and do on his site, I was pointing out a minute after EV called him out for having multiple accounts he changes his location.

My post was pointed toward the "new member."

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:

Yes - that's the focus! For a parts whine, this is turning into a person whine, and, frankly, attack. Other than an overpriced item, nothing I've read this guy posting has been bad or mean, so maybe we could focus on the part, rather than the person.

So, let's get back to laughing about those crazy parts!
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:

Yes - that's the focus! For a parts whine, this is turning into a person whine, and, frankly, attack. Other than an overpriced item, nothing I've read this guy posting has been bad or mean, so maybe we could focus on the part, rather than the person.

Except that he's an obvious policy violator that attempts to deceive members as to his identity and, therefore, opens himself up to such criticism...it comes with the territory, he's inviting it.
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Must be the same user cause he bitched & moaned when I sold him this Nos voltage regulator. It has a chip in the bakelite clearly shown in the pics when I sold it. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2225121
He's been trying to double his money on it ever since, lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
harrymarlin wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:

Except that he's an obvious policy violator that attempts to deceive members as to his identity and, therefore, opens himself up to such criticism...it comes with the territory, he's inviting it.

We had a discussion and his accounts have been consolidated now.

I agree we should stick to talking about things that are overpriced rather than personal attacks (which are against the rules)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2452045

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Think Something's amiss here...

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

15K, Or trade for a 911 only! Shocked Laughing WTF?

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

15K, Or trade for a 911 only! Shocked Laughing WTF?

I didn't think the price was too bad, but look at the pic of the rear end. What do you see? (Or more importantly don't see Wink .)

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

Over priced?
Under priced?
Confused Confused Confused
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

Over priced?
Under priced?

I think it might run a little hot...

67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Zero in on the decklid.

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
iowegian wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

Over priced?
Under priced?

I think it might run a little hot...

Ah, yes------but ad sez "currently has .....correct 1963 deck lid color matched to car"
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:

Ah, yes------but ad sez "currently has .....correct 1963 deck lid color matched to car"

I saw that. But it does make me wonder if and for how long the non-vert lid was used? I have actually seen this before without thought as to the need for air intake. If I were the seller, I would replace the decklid and then post a current pic and post to the ad. Hopefully, the car wasn't driven with the wrong decklid on it.

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
iowegian wrote:

I saw that. But it does make me wonder if and for how long the non-vert lid was used? I have actually seen this before without thought as to the need for air intake. If I were the seller, I would replace the decklid and then post a current pic and post to the ad. Hopefully, the car wasn't driven with the wrong decklid on it.

Good point------why use old photos that hurt the potential sale?
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
bwaz wrote:
this looks like a hard 56,000 original miles...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2451143

I'm diggin' the fauxtina.

That's not fake patina. That's exactly how it left the garage where it was parked 50+ years ago.

I know this bug well, the only thing that was replaced on it was the ragtop cloth, as it had a hole in it from a cat that fell through the ragtop at some point. The dead cats skeleton was found in the bug when it was pulled from the garage, but I don't think it's included with the sale.

EDIT: and for the record that bug is an extremely perfect survivor with killer patina, and VERY VERY solid. I do not think it's worth anywhere near $30k through, this guy selling it is not the guy who found it, or even got it back on the road. He's just trying to flip it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:
iowegian wrote:
bwaz wrote:
this looks like a hard 56,000 original miles...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2451143

I'm diggin' the fauxtina.

That's not fake patina. That's exactly how it left the garage where it was parked 50+ years ago.

I know this bug well, the only thing that was replaced on it was the ragtop cloth, as it had a hole in it from a cat that fell through the ragtop at some point. The dead cats skeleton was found in the bug when it was pulled from the garage, but I don't think it's included with the sale.

EDIT: and for the record that bug is an extremely perfect survivor with killer patina, and VERY VERY solid. I do not think it's worth anywhere near $30k through, this guy selling it is not the guy who found it, or even got it back on the road. He's just trying to flip it.

I'd be interested to know what it sold for to him as I'm guessing that was a reasonable price.
If you don't want to say, I understand
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 387 of 422

Jump to: