Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
EverettB wrote:
jays58s wrote:
Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2145894

I saw that and was wondering what happened with the ragtop, it looks messed up

When I see that I think it's just the tip of the iceberg of problems- and with a ragtop- the rag really is the tip of the iceberg.

The first thing that caught my attention was the wrong front apron and the sh*t interior.
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1287683

Doesn't the N in NOS stand for new?
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:

Nasty Old Sh!t

That's not even old, that design only came out about 10 years ago.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
turbotype1 wrote:

Nasty Old Sh!t

That's not even old, that design only came out about 10 years ago.

They've got a lot of stuff for sale. NOS Thing manual that says "never issued." Huh? And a "set' of rivieras (as long as you don't mind a modern pacific italia style raised rib thrown in with a Formula Vee-era thin lip and called a set). The wierdness goes on like that with this seller.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This dude just needs to quit with the bs. If nobody wants it st his lowest price, wtf makes him think they’ll buy it at this price?

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1959-volkswagen-beetle-vw-bug/6494110518.html
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Is this a new friggen trend or something to raise your price if you don't get what you're asking? This car was just at $28k the other day!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1660764
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

If I offer 10K will the price up go up 40?

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
If I offer 10K will the price up go up 40?

I wouldn’t doubt it lol. I know people get irritated because there’s a lot of people that will offer you way less than what you want, but raising the price only makes you look dumb. That car has been for sale forever, and the price has gone up and down quite a few times. This site just isn’t the place to sell if you want stupid money.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Is this a new friggen trend or something to raise your price if you don't get what you're asking? This car was just at $28k the other day!

Clean car, but wondering if the guy isn't putting too much bank in the provenance of it? It was in a couple of obscure movies, not like its one of the Herbie cars or anything.

And I think Shane is just screwing with you at this point.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Clean car, but wondering if the guy isn't putting too much bank in the provenance of it? It was in a couple of obscure movies, not like its one of the Herbie cars or anything.

I could see that 67 going for that if it was a super low mileage car, but even then, it’s still just a 67. 67’s are cool, but they aren’t exactly super rare, they’re easily found. As far as Shane, he’s probably screwing with a lot of people that have probably shown some sort of interest in the car. I personally won’t deal with him.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

I could see that 67 going for that if it was a super low mileage car, but even then, it’s still just a 67. 67’s are cool, but they aren’t exactly super rare, they’re easily found. As far as Shane, he’s probably screwing with a lot of people that have probably shown some sort of interest in the car. I personally won’t deal with him.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My 2 cents- I think the prices is a bit strong. Maybe $20k since it's such a nice, original paint survivor.

The engine looks good. Very correct with a Bosch 12 volt dark bakelite top, short coil, correct plug in Generator, fuel pump, 205K distributor with dark dist cap, etc..

The bad? Those ugly incorrect hose clamps on the fuel pump. Confused

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
jays58s wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My 2 cents- I think the prices is a bit strong. Maybe $20k since it's such a nice, original paint survivor.

The engine looks good. Very correct with a Bosch dark brown short coil, correct plug in Generator, fuel pump, 205K distributor with dark dist cap, etc..

The bad? Those ugly incorrect hose clamps on the fuel pump. Confused

It’s a gorgeous well taken car of car, I love it, but the price is definitely too high. My main complaint is the price keeps going up and down for no reason and within short periods of time. It’s already been for sale for a few years with no action obviously. I’ve sold every single car I’ve ever listed within a month, tops, so he either needs to come further down on the price, or take it to Barrett Jackson. Just my two cents lol.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This thing is one big shit show, and the price is just shit.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2148097
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

Why do you say it is one big shit show? Have you read my ad? Have you seen this vehicle in person?

IG Westyrestorations
FB WestyRestorations, parts and accessories

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413

Last edited by smurfpike on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Why do you say it is one big shit show? Have you my ad?

The front apron has been replaced, the front bumper is aftermarket, the cloth on the seats is wrong, the engine and transmission aren’t date correct, there’s too many accessories in all the wrong places, it shouldn’t have rear kick panels, and there’s probably more. All of that adds up to about a third of the asking price. Some of it may just be my own opinion, but the wrong parts and the price will be a problem for anyone. Not to mention, a 59 Euro just sold for less than half of your asking price, and everything was correct.
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

what the hell is up with those tail lights and front turn signals!?

over priced for sure...
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:

The front apron has been replaced, the front bumper is aftermarket, the cloth on the seats is wrong, the engine and transmission aren’t date correct m, there’s too many accessories in all the wrong places, it shouldn’t have rear kick panels, and there’s probably more. All of that adds up to about a third of the asking price. Some of it may just be my own opinion, but the wrong parts and the price will be a problem for anyone. Not to mention, a 59 Euro just sold for less than half of your asking price, and everything was correct.

Yep clearly you did not read the ad and you are clearly an expert here on thesamba along with one that probably thinks their stuff is the best, worth top dollar and everyone else stuff is shit and worth as you say a third of the price. By searching the Official whine subject it looks like you are the troll on this thread.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and style of vehicle, I know its not perfect and if it was perfect I would be asking more for it, just go look at a few other sites for perfect beetles. I am not in a hurry to sell but if somebody is interested I am able to come off my asking price or lower it. I dont know of anyone that advertises something at or below what they are willing to take for it. I have said what I needed to enjoy your life on here attacking people.

IG Westyrestorations

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:

The front apron has been replaced, the front bumper is aftermarket, the cloth on the seats is wrong, the engine and transmission aren’t date correct m, there’s too many accessories in all the wrong places, it shouldn’t have rear kick panels, and there’s probably more. All of that adds up to about a third of the asking price. Some of it may just be my own opinion, but the wrong parts and the price will be a problem for anyone. Not to mention, a 59 Euro just sold for less than half of your asking price, and everything was correct.

Yep clearly you did not read the ad and you are clearly you are an expert here on thesamba along with one that probably thinks their stuff is the best, worth top dollar and everyone else stuff is shit and worth as you say a third of the price. By searching the Official whine subject it looks like you are the troll on this thread.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and style of vehicle, I know its not perfect and if it was I would be asking more for it, just go look at a few other sited for perfect beetles. I am not in a hurry to sell but if somebody is interested I am able to come off my asking price or lower it. I dont know of anyone that advertises something at or below what they are willing to take for it. I have said what I need to enjoy your life on here.

I’ve sold cars a million times better for a lot less. I sold a 62 with 35,000 original documented miles for $15k, a 65 with 53,000 original miles for $13k, among many others. Unlike your car and many others on here that I’ve complained about, mine sell. Enjoy the car, because it’s not going to sell for anywhere near your asking price. You can join the rest of the unsold overpriced cars on here and watch it sit.
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Yep clearly you did not read the ad and you are clearly you are an expert here on thesamba along with one that probably thinks their stuff is the best, worth top dollar and everyone else stuff is shit and worth as you say a third of the price. By searching the Official whine subject it looks like you are the troll on this thread.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and style of vehicle, I know its not perfect and if it was I would be asking more for it, just go look at a few other sited for perfect beetles. I am not in a hurry to sell but if somebody is interested I am able to come off my asking price or lower it. I dont know of anyone that advertises something at or below what they are willing to take for it. I have said what I need to enjoy your life on here.

I’ve sold cars a million times better for a lot less. I sold a 62 with 35,000 original documented miles for $15k, a 65 with 53,000 original miles for $13k, among many others. Unlike your car and many others on here that I’ve complained about, mine sell. Enjoy the car, because it’s not going to sell for anywhere near your asking price. You can join the rest of the unsold overpriced cars on here and watch it sit.

I appreciate your opinion I have sold many cars that I was told it was too much, they were just looking at pictures. I understand its on the higher end but I dont need to sell it tomorrow, the price will come down if there is no interest. Eventually it will sell, and I assume you will make your comments as I change my ad. Thanks for your interest.

IG Westyrestorations

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:

I appreciate your opinion I have sold many cars that I was told it was too much, they were just looking at pictures. I understand its on the higher end but I dont need to sell it tomorrow, the price will come down if there is no interest. Eventually it will sell, and I assume you will make your comments as I change my ad. Thanks for your interest.

The pictures still show what I pointed out, but it’s yours to price wherever you want. Yours bothers me more than most because I’ve always been a big 58-59 guy, so I know exactly what is or isn’t correct. I’ve seen numerous cars listed where you listed yours, and they sit. If you had listed it around $15k and said obo, I probably would’ve just ignored it, but you’re way above that. I personally think it’s an $8000 car, but good luck with it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 304 of 422

Jump to: