Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2148465
what year hood would this be? not a 60 i don't think?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2148465
what year hood would this be? not a 60 i don't think?

Looks like a '62 hood to me- but that's the least of the car's problems.

Using the old vs. new torsion bushing shot as one of only 4 pictures is a nice touch.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Using the old vs. new torsion bushing shot as one of only 4 pictures is a nice touch.

That's to show you that the "... pan has been gone thur ..." Cool

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
jays58s wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
jays58s wrote:
This guy just needs to stop....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2144938

Price went back up again and now it’s a fucking race car?

Laughing

And it's unmolested condition has improved- to "Excellent"

Am I hallucinating or did he just raise the price again? How exactly do you have an unmolested race car? Is there a cycle anyone has noticed? Maybe his meds start wearing off towards the middle of the month right before his check comes in?
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2151566

$160 for an old rim, date stamped yes, but other than for a hood ride as is.... how do you justify the price?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:

$160 for an old rim, date stamped yes, but other than for a hood ride as is.... how do you justify the price?

$130 for the shipping?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2030574

NOS Dust Too?
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:

Looks like an easy $100 wheel to me- so I' sure there's some wiggle room. Some folks with original paint cars go to great lengths to acquire 5 original paint wheels. When you put them all together on one car- the patina often matches better and completes the OG package. Certainly better than repainting just the rims...

If you can fulfill this guy's dream- I think you'll find the value is there. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1903970

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Lol, he said stanced...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2140250
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

6 Volt Volkswagen of America Battery
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2153093

I had to laugh at this... someone emailed and asked
"Does it work?"

Sure man, just fill it up and run it. LOL
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
This thing is one big shit show, and the price is just shit.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2148097

Why do you say it is one big shit show? Have you my ad?

The front apron has been replaced, the front bumper is aftermarket, the cloth on the seats is wrong, the engine and transmission aren’t date correct m, there’s too many accessories in all the wrong places, it shouldn’t have rear kick panels, and there’s probably more. All of that adds up to about a third of the asking price. Some of it may just be my own opinion, but the wrong parts and the price will be a problem for anyone. Not to mention, a 59 Euro just sold for less than half of your asking price, and everything was correct.

Yep clearly you did not read the ad and you are clearly you are an expert here on thesamba along with one that probably thinks their stuff is the best, worth top dollar and everyone else stuff is shit and worth as you say a third of the price. By searching the Official whine subject it looks like you are the troll on this thread.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and style of vehicle, I know its not perfect and if it was I would be asking more for it, just go look at a few other sited for perfect beetles. I am not in a hurry to sell but if somebody is interested I am able to come off my asking price or lower it. I dont know of anyone that advertises something at or below what they are willing to take for it. I have said what I need to enjoy your life on here.

I’ve sold cars a million times better for a lot less. I sold a 62 with 35,000 original documented miles for $15k, a 65 with 53,000 original miles for $13k, among many others. Unlike your car and many others on here that I’ve complained about, mine sell. Enjoy the car, because it’s not going to sell for anywhere near your asking price. You can join the rest of the unsold overpriced cars on here and watch it sit.

I appreciate your opinion I have sold many cars that I was told it was too much, they were just looking at pictures. I understand its on the higher end but I dont need to sell it tomorrow, the price will come down if there is no interest. Eventually it will sell, and I assume you will make your comments as I change my ad. Thanks for your interest.

The pictures still show what I pointed out, but it’s yours to price wherever you want. Yours bothers me more than most because I’ve always been a big 58-59 guy, so I know exactly what is or isn’t correct. I’ve seen numerous cars listed where you listed yours, and they sit. If you had listed it around $15k and said obo, I probably would’ve just ignored it, but you’re way above that. I personally think it’s an $8000 car, but good luck with it.

well Jason maybe your berating had an influence? Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2153392

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sled wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
This thing is one big shit show, and the price is just shit.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2148097

Why do you say it is one big shit show? Have you my ad?

The front apron has been replaced, the front bumper is aftermarket, the cloth on the seats is wrong, the engine and transmission aren’t date correct m, there’s too many accessories in all the wrong places, it shouldn’t have rear kick panels, and there’s probably more. All of that adds up to about a third of the asking price. Some of it may just be my own opinion, but the wrong parts and the price will be a problem for anyone. Not to mention, a 59 Euro just sold for less than half of your asking price, and everything was correct.

Yep clearly you did not read the ad and you are clearly you are an expert here on thesamba along with one that probably thinks their stuff is the best, worth top dollar and everyone else stuff is shit and worth as you say a third of the price. By searching the Official whine subject it looks like you are the troll on this thread.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and style of vehicle, I know its not perfect and if it was I would be asking more for it, just go look at a few other sited for perfect beetles. I am not in a hurry to sell but if somebody is interested I am able to come off my asking price or lower it. I dont know of anyone that advertises something at or below what they are willing to take for it. I have said what I need to enjoy your life on here.

I’ve sold cars a million times better for a lot less. I sold a 62 with 35,000 original documented miles for $15k, a 65 with 53,000 original miles for $13k, among many others. Unlike your car and many others on here that I’ve complained about, mine sell. Enjoy the car, because it’s not going to sell for anywhere near your asking price. You can join the rest of the unsold overpriced cars on here and watch it sit.

I appreciate your opinion I have sold many cars that I was told it was too much, they were just looking at pictures. I understand its on the higher end but I dont need to sell it tomorrow, the price will come down if there is no interest. Eventually it will sell, and I assume you will make your comments as I change my ad. Thanks for your interest.

The pictures still show what I pointed out, but it’s yours to price wherever you want. Yours bothers me more than most because I’ve always been a big 58-59 guy, so I know exactly what is or isn’t correct. I’ve seen numerous cars listed where you listed yours, and they sit. If you had listed it around $15k and said obo, I probably would’ve just ignored it, but you’re way above that. I personally think it’s an $8000 car, but good luck with it.

well Jason maybe your berating had an influence? Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2153392

Laughing
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

No Influence at all actually, remember he said it was worth 8k and I don't take advice from know it all's that think everyone's car is shit or a nice car is only worth20k.

I would sell it on my own but another vehicle has come up, my first car a 69 convertible beetle and I want the best chance to sell it as quickly as possible so I can get it. I didn't realize the market had softened so much in a year or two, even the bus market has slowed down. Told you I would wait for your comment again.

IG Westyrestorations
FB WestyRestorations, parts and accessories

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
No Influence at all actually, remember he said it was worth 8k and I don't take advice from know it all's that think everyone's car is shit or a nice car is only worth20k.

I would sell it on my own but another vehicle has come up, my first car a 69 convertible beetle and I want the best chance to sell it as quickly as possible so I can get it. I didn't realize the market had softened so much in a year or two, even the bus market has slowed down. Told you I would wait for your comment again.

It has nothing to do with trying to be a know it all, I carefully watch what sells and what it sells for. My 55 oval was way more original than your car, priced way less, and it still took about a week or so to sell. My problem with people like you is that you think you’re sitting on a goldmine, and you try to cash in off of people that don’t know what to truly look for problem wise on these cars. Even after I pointed out some issues with your car, they still aren’t mentioned in the ad. Good luck with the sale though. P.s., that cloth material on the seats isn’t correct. Wink
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:

It has nothing to do with trying to be a know it all, I carefully watch what sells and what it sells for. My 55 oval was way more original than your car, priced way less, and it still took about a week or so to sell. My problem with people like you is that you think you’re sitting on a goldmine, and you try to cash in off of people that don’t know what to truly look for problem wise on these cars. Even after I pointed out some issues with your car, they still aren’t mentioned in the ad. Good luck with the sale though. P.s., that cloth material on the seats isn’t correct. Wink

Jays58 I am sorry but that is where you are wrong, I don't think I have a gold mine. I was going off what the euro ragtop market was two years ago when I have been watching it for the last 3 years and was seeing chopped together right hand drive selling for 25k, The market is in a weird time and I feel all VW's have become overpriced. There hasn't been any euro ragtops that I have been able to find that have the original look to gauge price, most are all modified to the Cal look.

I grew up in VW's repairing and selling them, my father managed a VW Dealer service shop. The issue are mentioned in the ad , I am sure I can look at your cars and pick them a part as well. I don't know why you think the material is wrong, are you a euro beetle expert? You haven't provided anything on what should be correct.

I am not trying to hide anything and take a great offense that you would accuse something like that. I am a honest person and have a great reputation with the vehicles I have restored and sold, this is a fun driver not a original show car according to your standards. Your opinion is your opinion and you don't have to buy the car, somebody will and they will enjoy it as much as I have. You are the type of individual that hurts this culture rather than contributing to it, Have fun trolling on here behind your computer.

IG Westyrestorations

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
jays58s wrote:
smurfpike wrote:

Jays58 I am sorry but that is where you are wrong, I don't think I have a gold mine. I was going off what the euro ragtop market was two years ago when I have been watching it for the last 3 years and was seeing chopped together right hand drive selling for 25k, The market is in a weird time and I feel all VW's have become overpriced. There hasn't been any euro ragtops that I have been able to find that have the original look to gauge price, most are all modified to the Cal look.

I grew up in VW's repairing and selling them, my father managed a VW Dealer service shop. The issue are mentioned in the ad , I am sure I can look at your cars and pick them a part as well. I don't know why you think the material is wrong, are you a euro beetle expert? You haven't provided anything on what should be correct.

I am not trying to hide anything and take a great offense that you would accuse something like that. I am a honest person and have a great reputation with the vehicles I have restored and sold, this is a fun driver not a original show car according to your standards. Your opinion is your opinion and you don't have to buy the car, somebody will and they will enjoy it as much as I have. You are the type of individual that hurts this culture rather than contributing to it, Have fun trolling on here behind your computer.

I’m definitely a 58-59 expert, and that isn’t the correct cloth. I add to the hobby all the time. I also didn’t know there was a 59 Euro “market”. I’m pretty sure there isn’t enough of them to have their own market. Not to mention, the only thing Euro on your car are the semaphores. The last 58 Euro ragtop I had sold for $12, 500, and it was a lot cleaner, and more original. I sold a beautiful restored 60 Euro for $11k recently, and a so so 60 Euro for $7000. Mention the car was hit in the front, and here is the 58-59 only Euro cloth...
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Nice car! i'd love to own it & drive it with all or any incorrect parts it has. Good luck with the sale.
I know a local guy that purchased a crappy resprayed super beetle for $8000, and i get offered late beetle fixer uppers all the time.
I have a hard time finding old semaphore ragtops in ANY condition though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
Nice car! i'd love to own it & drive it with all or any incorrect parts it has. Good luck with the sale.
I know a local guy that purchased a crappy resprayed super beetle for $8000, and i get offered late beetle fixer uppers all the time.

Thanks consvws, it is a fun car. Don't want to sell it but wants and needs change. I bought this after fully restoring a Syncro Westy and selling it. Always wanted a Euro Ragtop, I had plans to fully restore it back to all original with a built up Okrasa engine. It will be one that I will regret selling.

IG Westyrestorations

Corney13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
consvws wrote:

Thanks consvws, it is a fun car. Don't want to sell it but wants and needs change. I bought this after fully restoring a Syncro Westy and selling it. Always wanted a Euro Ragtop, I had plans to fully restore it back to all original with a built up Okrasa engine. It will be one that I will regret selling.

I think you have a nice car as well!

Don't worry about what people say in the whines section. If your car is priced right it will sell, if not, it won't. It is really no one's concern what the price is, except you and the buyer. Haters going to hate!!

Good luck with the sale!
Luck5393
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

other than being speechless, all I can say is at least it is not a 67 and older

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2085244678377393
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 305 of 422

Jump to: