Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

These are neat, at $100 or so.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1363625
fifty8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Isn't every year a "one year only" car?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2192157
1951 Chevy Bel Air (project 'Mom's first car')
1948 Ford F-1 (project)
searching for May 7, 1969 Karmann Ghia (149 860 0??)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

fifty8 I know what you're saying but the '67 cars did have parts/features that were unique to that year but don't ask me what they were (decklid was one?)
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

what's with the burning wood in the dash photo? Confused
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2192396
McFunzeepants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Maybe he is trying to remove the 'dick' spirits in his car:)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2193491

I don't normally whine about a car or its price, but where do I start on this one.

For this price I would think it would be complete, interior is not only incomplete but it looks terrible. Maybe invest a quarter at the gas station and use the vacuum. Cant tell if its a 67 that's been back dated with the front fenders or if it has been modernized with four bolt wheel / brake combo.

Wrong rear apron, don't know about the hood, incorrect dash with missing parts. Either the car is a later model or someone spent a lot of effort to use 68 or later parts. Doors, decklid, apron, all wrong for 67.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

pondoras box wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2193491

I don't normally whine about a car or its price, but where do I start on this one.

For this price I would think it would be complete, interior is not only incomplete but it looks terrible. Maybe invest a quarter at the gas station and use the vacuum. Cant tell if its a 67 that's been back dated with the front fenders or if it has been modernized with four bolt wheel / brake combo.

Wrong rear apron, don't know about the hood, incorrect dash with missing parts. Either the car is a later model or someone spent a lot of effort to use 68 or later parts. Doors, decklid, apron, all wrong for 67.

Looks like a 68 or later. Had a padded dash at some point and a gas filler door. Frankenbug for sure. Based on the quality of work on the rest of the car I can’t see that motor holding together for very long.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2165521

Another broker/dealer that has zero clue about VWs. As an owner of an Indigo Blue 60’ that’s not it. Cheap repop bumpers.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2165521

Another broker/dealer that has zero clue about VWs. As an owner of an Indigo Blue 60’ that’s not it. Cheap repop bumpers.

Quote:
coordinating beige interior

No. It doesn't work at all with the blue paint

What does match are the blue plug wires. Sano!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

What am I missing here that people are falling all over themselves for a burnt up 64 for $3500? Late model taillights, cheap repro bumpers,etc. Comes with some parts but damn that’s a crap ton of work.

https://m.facebook.com/Dan.McMahan/posts/pcb.77408...&mdf=1
Paul Ray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/416366185536517/?ref=feed_rhc

You mean this ad? Yours wouldn't show. I agree, also it has a salvage title which doesn't help the price he's asking.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Paul Ray wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/416366185536517/?ref=feed_rhc

You mean this ad? Yours wouldn't show. I agree, also it has a salvage title which doesn't help the price he's asking.

Yeah thats the one. Linked it on my phone and for some reason I tend to fail at that. Good to know he's firm on his price. Think you can find multiple cars that arent most likely screwed up for a couple of grand more. He says there isnt any warping, but that apron sure does look fubar.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

And he also mentions that he has a set of snowflake tailights. So, then he goes the other way with era tailights...?
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Suddenly I don`t feel so bad about the price for my 66...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2195326
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
Suddenly I don`t feel so bad about what I want for my 66...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2195326

You think dual coils come cheap?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This guy should win an award for being what has to be the longest running car ad, 11 years and counting.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=444995
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

He wrote, 'Seeing it is buying it.' I guess no one has seen it.

At least not at that price.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

I think the price has been the same the entire time too.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

That car would have to make me breakfast; mow the lawn; KILL somebody and hide the body before discussing price.

When a cat lists a car for that long you know he's just writing off part of it on taxes. After 11 years think of the soft parts, fluids and seals it will need just to ever run reliably again.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

That car would have to make me breakfast; mow the lawn; KILL somebody and hide the body before discussing price.

When a cat lists a car for that long you know he's just writing off part of it on taxes. After 11 years think of the soft parts, fluids and seals it will need just to ever run reliably again.

Everett should tell the guy to update the pictures, we both know it doesn’t still look like that lol.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 313 of 422

Jump to: