Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 322, 323, 324 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sled wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

Recent work done post restoration:
Full engine tune w/ oil change (of course)
All new brakes and brake lines
New generator installed to replace of alternator to increase battery life as it is not driven often.
$3000~

$3,000??? Shocked

what the hell does a generator versus alternator have to do with battery life!?

I have a sneaking suspicion that if one looks through the stack of $45,000 in receipts, there will be charges for muffler bearings, a new large-capacity blinker fluid reservoir, four gallons of orange coolant, and a surcharge for using imported, pure mountain air in the new tires. Rolling Eyes

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked Hey looking thru the parts for sale section.Do any of the sellers double check how much the same part cost? I have seen sellers charge almost double for a part that is cheaper new.I am not talking about china empi crap.I don't waste my time looking at any of that junk.And some sellers have the part for sale for up to 4 years!And still asking to much(Maybe this is why it hasn't sold?).So since I am retired I spend a lot of time comparing parts vs. prices.And I wish more sellers would do the same to sell at a realistic price. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

theduck wrote:
Shocked Hey looking thru the parts for sale section.Do any of the sellers double check how much the same part cost? I have seen sellers charge almost double for a part that is cheaper new.I am not talking about china empi crap.I don't waste my time looking at any of that junk.And some sellers have the part for sale for up to 4 years!And still asking to much(Maybe this is why it hasn't sold?).So since I am retired I spend a lot of time comparing parts vs. prices.And I wish more sellers would do the same to sell at a realistic price. Smile

caveat emptor!

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Really?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2196157
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Seriously?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2207255
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Hey did any Zone see the ad for a set of 1600 cam bearings for $100 bucks! They must made out of gold? And their is a seller in the Ventura area that has stock duel port heads @ $700,and they have been listed for more than 5 years!! This seller has lots of parts.But if you see how long they have been for sale.Their on for 5-8 years!! You think he would drop his price,NOT.He states if you don't like his prices TUFF! Hey and that is find,he has every right to put his price on his parts.But I thought this site has also some sellers to help out samba members get REASONABLE prices on decent parts? Oh well,like others ,I just laugh and move on to another seller. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

theduck wrote:
But I thought this site has also some sellers to help out samba members get REASONABLE prices on decent parts?

It does.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

$600 for a pair of '63 lowback seats Confused

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/576030806187148

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

1966 Beetle Pristine condition Price: 10,500

Quote:
Some slight clear coat faded on rear fender. I choose to leave it because it’s only Original once

Um... you mean the original clear coat? The clear coat they used at the factory? Think

Quote:
Interior is immaculate! All original all day longer

Quote:
Price Firm cash only absolutely no BS

Quite enough BS already. Rolling Eyes
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

1600 sp starts right up, runs and drives great - see engine photo - no fan belt! Shocked
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2210727
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Another “low mileage” car needing a full restoration. “Not Rusty” but needed channels? Claims the engine is original but the car dates to late September but the engine to October?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2219351

*Update: When contacted and asked for documentation for the low mileage claims as well as the original engine discrepancy, the seller claims the car is sold. I hope no one bought this thinking its a legit 68k car considering the odometer clearly shows 78k. Rolling Eyes
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

But he'll sell it to you for what it cost him to restore it. Smile

I appreciate all the close up shots that completely contradict the crazy notion of "full restoration".

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I would be questioning this "all original paint" especially since the engine lid came off of a 65 or a 66 if the 1300 logo holes were welded up. Turquoise wasn't a color offered those years. So if the lid was painted and patina'd what else has been on this all og paint car.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2221696
Edit: noticed they have "interior" after all original paint. I think he should say how much, if any of the exterior is og paint
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2221013

Seems kinda spendy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2221013

Seems kinda spendy

As my Grammy used to say, "Braddy, (she always called me Braddy) If the roof don't open, neither does my wallet."

That's the red car's foremost value problem.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Well, including off-topic comment and I'll include an off-topic response:

Is "Braddy" some kind of generalized affectionate naming convention I'm not aware of? Between a lot of (British centered) audio dramas I've listened to over the years, I associate that kind of thing with "Duckie" and "Chuckie"... or is this a customized personal affectation?

Back on topic - hmm, spend 26K for a car with 26K miles. So, if they had driven it to 30K what would the price be?

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Well, Andy, when your name is Brad, you get called stuff. But if you watch car values instead of BBC- sunroofs on that era of beetle these days add about 25-30%. Grammy had it right long before the internet.
On topic the whole time Sparky. Wink

FU#5
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2223350
Not even close
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
Not even close

What in the world are those from?
Or did they make them?
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:
Not even close

What in the world are those from?
Or did they make them?

Looks like a combination of repro BRM caps and some other non VW caps.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 322, 323, 324 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 323 of 422

Jump to: