Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

In good shape? If this is good, I`d hate to see bad.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2208051
Deebs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/418256782039759/

It's my understanding that 1967 is a sought after year, but this seems high. Not any detail photos either Crying or Very sad
Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Deebs wrote:

It's my understanding that 1967 is a sought after year, but this seems high. Not any detail photos either Crying or Very sad

Price sucks.
Not a '67. Autostick was introduced in '68
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Mr. Mike wrote:
Deebs wrote:

Price sucks.
Not a '67. Autostick was introduced in '68

The auto trans part of the ad is probably a mistake, though it could be a Saxomat (unlikely). Based on the hood with no fresh air louvers and the slotted wide five wheels with appropriate flat hubcaps for the same, I'd say it is a '67.... still too expensive though.
Deebs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2209207

Okay, I need to go back to the drawing board with a clean slate Shocked
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

That was a tough read.
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

57BLITZ wrote:
I'm posting this just because I am a sore looser . . . Last week, the C-List ad was only 2 hours old when I e-mailed the seller of this '67. It looked like a good deal at the asking price of $650 when I wanted to buy it.
I never heard back from the seller, so I figured it sold.
Imagine my surprise when I saw it listed here . . . marked up in price slightly!!!!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1601228

Still for sale!
Back when this was first listed in 2014, the dude was asking just under $6,000!!!!

The jerk really knows what he's talking about . . .
"Perfect No Dents At All."
"Clean front and rear apron's"
"Very straight body Not one dent..."

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

No headliner, window not in, doesn't include wheels? Car looks decent, at $10k
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2225086
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
No headliner, window not in, doesn't include wheels? Car looks decent, at $10k
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2225086

I never understand why people paint cars a different color while leaving the interior something different. Big detractor to me.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Aim high, I guess. Of course, "the only thing mechanicly that could be replace is maybe a CB boot" and "most of the big stuff is already done." Shocked

$9500 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2225647

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2228174

12,500 nowadays?
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2228174

12,500 nowadays?

A bit high imo but mainly because it’s a little too ratty. I believe ragtops will continue to rise due to the increase in vert prices which is pricing them out of some budgets.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

There are bugs that have interiors that are ratty- and those that are roached. That beetle has the latter.

The triple Motometer gauge is the only cool thing going on inside the car. But I believe it may be hard to find even a good project ragtop in Michigan.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

mmm ...'great pantina' - is that like old pants then? not desirable!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2212493
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:
mmm ...'great pantina' - is that like old pants then? not desirable!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2212493

It's like those jeans with holes worn in them from the factory.
Obviously worth more, if you know fashion at all. Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
There are bugs that have interiors that are ratty- and those that are roached. That beetle has the latter.

The triple Motometer gauge is the only cool thing going on inside the car. But I believe it may be hard to find even a good project ragtop in Michigan.

Agreed. When it looks like a Wolverine was let loose on the seats it’s now beyond ratty. Patina on the outside with a nice interior is cool. That car is one step above POS.
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I came across this hi-lited ad for a pristine, low-mileage Sea Sand 66: www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2212330. It's a wonderfully original car, with a very believable story ....until you get to the generator. Why would a car (even a 52 year old one) with only 39K miles, need new generator bearings? None of the 5 beetles I've owned over the years ('59, '63, '66, '68, '57) ever had to have generator work ...and I put a LOT of miles on 3 of those bugs. Makes one curious .....
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

^^^ perhaps the belt was adjusted too tight?
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

The word "stunning" should NEVER be used to describe ANY yellow bug, unless it's Yukon Yellow, of course. That price sure the hell isn't "stunning" either....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2230751
McFunzeepants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Agreed-over priced and over yellowed for my taste. 'Very original' ??? with 1600 duel port, and that paint job?

This seller may get more then we think though as there is a new 'Transformers' movie coming out that features a yellow '67 bug.

..or not if the movie is crap:).

I think it's called: 'Bumblebee'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 324 of 422

Jump to: