Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 391, 392, 393 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
jays58s wrote:
kpf wrote:
stale air wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2477686

Just a tad overpriced.. Shocked

I don't know. If the description is to be believed, it's had a good "sympathetic" mechanical restoration and is all original. I've seen plenty of '58s that were less original selling for 20k.

I guarantee they didn’t look like that.

True, but maybe the buyer can pretty it up with the left-over $8k Laughing

🤣
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

must play gold tunes...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2479025
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Nice looking radio but that is restored and mint AM/FM Sapphire radio money
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This started out not as a whine, but a question, and that question was: what is L334 Firn Blue? I was intrigued by this ad, and started investigating with no success.

Well, now it's turned into a whine, because after realizing I should be looking for the code, and NOT the name, I realized two things:
1) that L334 isn't Firn Blue, it's GLACIER blue, and
2) that this seller must be totally confused, and typed 334 instead of 434, and meant to type FJORD and not FIRN.

And, in an odd, sad kind of way, that apparently there is no such thing as Firn Blue, correct? I was hoping it was an exotic color I'd never heard of.

The other possibility is that this seller did no research at all, and is going by word-of-mouth and simply perpetuating erroneous information. Either way, slightly annoying.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2478985
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
This started out not as a whine, but a question, and that question was: what is L334 Firn Blue? I was intrigued by this ad, and started investigating with no success.

Well, now it's turned into a whine, because after realizing I should be looking for the code, and NOT the name, I realized two things:
2) that this seller must be totally confused, and typed 334 instead of 434, and meant to type FJORD and not FIRN.

And, in an odd, sad kind of way, that apparently there is no such thing as Firn Blue, correct? I was hoping it was an exotic color I'd never heard of.

The other possibility is that this seller did no research at all, and is going by word-of-mouth and simply perpetuating erroneous information. Either way, slightly annoying.

"Firn" is a German word for packed, granular ice- atop glaciers. Similarly, Dove blue is called Pigeon Blue all over the world. Simple language difference and descriptor preference in my opinion.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Busstom wrote:

"Firn" is a German word for packed, granular ice- atop glaciers. Similarly, Dove blue is called Pigeon Blue all over the world. Simple language difference and descriptor preference in my opinion.

Indeed, thank you for educating me. I had e-mailed the seller and he replied, indicating that he took that word directly from the birth certificate.
I learn something new every day Wink
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307983

I mean, who would actually buy these? Think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56TIMOTEO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Looks like that ad is almost two years old now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307983

I mean, who would actually buy these? Think

If i had that interior and needed a pocket I might want the pocket for like $5
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Burgundy+Ron

Ill just leave this whole list here...
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious, but what's wrong with it?
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:

Actually bought something from him a couple of years ago. Needed a drivers side striker for a Ghia. Asked for better pics before ordering and was send worthless ones that didn’t show what I was asking for. Decided to roll the dice and what I got in was probably worse than what was on the car already. Contacted him on it and got some excuse that his nephew sent them and he promised a refund. Never heard from him again. Wasn’t worth the hassle to fight over $20. I wish there was some way to block certain vendors.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
stale air wrote:

Ummm...all of the inflated prices?!?
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
stale air wrote:

Actually bought something from him a couple of years ago. Needed a drivers side striker for a Ghia. Asked for better pics before ordering and was send worthless ones that didn’t show what I was asking for. Decided to roll the dice and what I got in was probably worse than what was on the car already. Contacted him on it and got some excuse that his nephew sent them and he promised a refund. Never heard from him again. Wasn’t worth the hassle to fight over $20. I wish there was some way to block certain vendors.

There's a classifieds ignore list
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298960
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
harrymarlin wrote:
stale air wrote:

Ummm...all of the inflated prices?!?

Bingo, sportin-wood! Very Happy
A ton of parts that I would call junk, with laughable prices on them..
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

The guy has 16 pages of mostly good feedback, he must be doing something right.
From what I hear you can bargain with him on his prices.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2483303

they really made an effort to show this at its best....maybe the cycles are thrown in too!

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
A-Step-Towards
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:

they really made an effort to show this at its best....maybe the cycles are thrown in too!

I guess 3 photos will sell a car for 7 grand , Orange plus bondo nice combo.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

A-Step-Towards wrote:
finster wrote:

I guess 3 photos will sell a car for 7 grand , Orange plus bondo nice combo.

Probably a good starting point for a project at 7 hundred...not 7 grand.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

58-63? Clearly a ‘67 decklid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rare-58-1963-Volk...632-2357-0

Edit: The seller now added "1967 only" to the ad. Rolling Eyes
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli

Last edited by sportin-wood on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 391, 392, 393 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 392 of 422

Jump to: