Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 396, 397, 398 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Not a Whine, just a recent BAT Auction report:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-volkswagen-beetle-25/

$34K for this restored '62 Ragtop

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Between the crazy classic car market right now, and BAT's insane auctions...

I should be able to get $18k for my rusty Baja.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

And with '67 towel bars on the rear. Wow.
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

With all of these over inflated prices we can expect to see less and less VWs on the road. These cars were made to be driven... Laughing
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I saw a few people say that but this seems almost like a non-issue to me, other than having to locate and purchase the right ones

Easy to swap out and probably super easy to sell to a '67 person?
You might even come out ahead as long as you were doing the were doing the work yourself.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Busstom wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I saw a few people say that but this seems almost like a non-issue to me, other than having to locate and purchase the right ones

You might even come out ahead as long as you were doing the were doing the work yourself.

I totally agree, and easily sold to someone who needs them. I am just surprised that the guy restored it and apparently showed it like that for years, then got top dollar for a basic car with several little nits that it has.

And it seems fairly common; a friend and I just got back from looking at a clean '66 here in SJ, had '67 towel bars. Guy was only asking $4k for it, but my buddy passed due to some right-side heater channel rust pushing through the front wheel well, and some pan rust-through. It had a front-end crumple in the past, but was repaired really well. The only other little issue was a previously hyper-extended driver's door that damaged the skin behind the lower hinge. I was going to link it, but it's already been deleted. I knew it wasn't going to last, it was only up a few hours, dude's phone was ringing off the hook. He asked me and I told him, he was priced a few g's low, but he was okay with it. Java green with minimal rust, complete, most of the country would be clambering over that at $4k. I wouldn't be surprised if it reappears as a flip.
SnyderFam67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2496849

I know this car, my buddy bought it earlier this year in Northern Nevada. He paid about $5,000 for it and he had me look at it after he bought it. The heater channels are cobbled together with 2x4's and fiberglass which is why the seller mentions that the heaters have been disabled. The floor pan also has some wonderful fiberglass and wood accents. I'm surprised this thing hasn't folded in half.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

SnyderFam67 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2496849
......... The heater channels are cobbled together with 2x4's and fiberglass which is why the seller mentions that the heaters have been disabled. The floor pan also has some wonderful fiberglass and wood accents.

The wooden framework should be looked at as a positive thing. The highly prized Morgan automobile still uses ash frames for its body panels, after all.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Busstom wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I totally agree, and easily sold to someone who needs them. I am just surprised that the guy restored it and apparently showed it like that for years, then got top dollar for a basic car with several little nits that it has.

And it seems fairly common; a friend and I just got back from looking at a clean '66 here in SJ, had '67 towel bars. Guy was only asking $4k for it, but my buddy passed due to some right-side heater channel rust pushing through the front wheel well, and some pan rust-through. It had a front-end crumple in the past, but was repaired really well. The only other little issue was a previously hyper-extended driver's door that damaged the skin behind the lower hinge. I was going to link it, but it's already been deleted. I knew it wasn't going to last, it was only up a few hours, dude's phone was ringing off the hook. He asked me and I told him, he was priced a few g's low, but he was okay with it. Java green with minimal rust, complete, most of the country would be clambering over that at $4k. I wouldn't be surprised if it reappears as a flip.

I knew it would pop right back as a flip. $4k last week, $10.5 this week Rolling Eyes
He says "almost zero rust," but in fact it has New Hampshire heater channel cancer coming through the wheel well.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Its a 2'fer folks!
With a price drop!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2386714

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2386718
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67conv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
Its a 2'fer folks!
With a price drop!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2386714

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2386718

...and with date-stamps on the photos from 2013, seller might just have to do another 'price drop' to $3k ea. by 2028! Laughing

Previously owned: 72 "Baja Champion SE" Spec. Edition Super Beetle bought NEW; 79 Convertible bought NEW; 67 type 1 savanna beige; 67 2.0 911S; 73 2.4 911T; 63 356 T6 B Cabriolet; 64 356 SC sunroof coupe; 72 Type-3 Squareback; 68 + 69 Type-3 Fastbacks; 87 Vanagon GL Wasserboxer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Not as much of a whine, but since when did ‘58’s come L87 pearl white? I’m losing all faith in those birth certificates.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2490834
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Not as much of a whine, but since when did ‘58’s come L87 pearl white? I’m losing all faith in those birth certificates.

Maybe it was a requested color. L87 existed during that time (because it was a wheel color), so perhaps someone saw it and liked it?
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Maybe it was a requested color. L87 existed during that time (because it was a wheel color), so perhaps someone saw it and liked it?

I guess anything is possible lol.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Not Safari Izzy's 56 vert was white from the Karmann factory. So i agree anything is possible.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
EverettB wrote:

i always liked the look of the later overriders better.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

States in technical section 1958 Pearl white was a color?

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

Im thinking they had to have made a mistake, and the correct color is
L10017 Alaska White.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

I was told that for verts you could request any color in the ghia brochures, Pearl White was a standard ghia color for that year. I will say other than Izzys its the first time Ive seen a BC with a special order color actually listed vs the usual 'not mentioned'.

Ive been thinking the special order light colors might be for promo or dealer displays as it would contrast better in the black and white photos of the time. This Karmann brochure in 55 shows a white color vert when no light color was standard for the period. This would explain the plain 'white' description in Izzys cert vs. an actual VW color code later on.

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Drugs are bad, mmmk?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2505080
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 396, 397, 398 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 397 of 422

Jump to: