Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 409, 410, 411 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes So Iask again and again. Do any of the parts sellers review HOW long their parts have been posted? I mean some ads are at least 10-12 years old with NO price reduction or a understanding the same part maybe on another site for a cheaper price. So is it because it is a O.G.part that needs to be refurbished? And other sellers selling China junk for over the price of new China (pistons) junk. I am talking Apples for apples, same part etc. Oh well now I let out some steam ,must get back to my trying to fine parts !! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This post is actually for the (non-existent) Official "Good Deals" thread...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2557717

$3k OBO for a solid-looking, dry body and pan with apparently no irreparable damage. Sure it's banged up, but I'd take panel damage any day over the totally rusted-out iron-oxide sieves we see on here every day for way more $$$$.

This is an easy project for an entry-level hobbyist.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2575611

“decent floorpans”
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

1965 VW Bug Price: 21000
"Color is Bahama Blue, which is rare."

That ^ ^ ^ is hilarious. I think there were more Bahama Blue Beetles from '64 to '66 than any other color in the history of this car (by model year).

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2575700
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

If anyone needs a good laugh, read this ad, then go to their website to see this car. I’d be embarrassed to post the pictures here too…

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2576292
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

^ it is indeed 'exhalant' as they say - I think it will have a 'pop-out' windscreen if it hits a bump in the road...

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:
^ it is indeed 'exhalant' as they say - I think it will have a 'pop-out' windscreen if it hits a bump in the road...

I didn’t even catch the hood crest. I guess they couldn’t figure out it goes under the trim.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Just wondering if the reproduction vin plate hurts value these days?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2580095

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

It should but someone would have to know it's a repro
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67conv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

1967 Convertible - $74,500 Shocked Shocked

https://www.oldbug.com/ulves67.htm

Previously owned: 72 "Baja Champion SE" Spec. Edition Super Beetle bought NEW; 79 Convertible bought NEW; 67 type 1 savanna beige; 67 2.0 911S; 73 2.4 911T; 63 356 T6 B Cabriolet; 64 356 SC sunroof coupe; 72 Type-3 Squareback; 68 + 69 Type-3 Fastbacks; 87 Vanagon GL Wasserboxer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67conv wrote:

Might as well shoot for the moon, there just might be a millionaire out there who needs this for his/her museum. Thanks for the link, the floorpan shots are inspiring for my current project....but damn, if they went that far, made it look so good, and are asking so much, why not fix the dents on the back end of the tunnel cover???
I plan to fix mine, as best I can anyway: some moron(s) jacked it up on the tunnel at some point(s) in time. I'll have to weld some hefty pull-points to the dents, that's some fairly thick sheet under there.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67conv wrote:

Shouldn't the fender welt be body color?----(or does that only apply if the car is Ruby Red? Wink )
67conv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
67conv wrote:

Shouldn't the fender welt be body color?----(or does that only apply if the car is Ruby Red? Wink )

First, let's just say it IS a beautiful convertible! Nicely done!

However, it's being touted as a $75,000 "all details correct" by a team of experts example. And thusly, some nit picking is forthcoming...First, to answer Iowegian's fender welt question -- yes, it should be body color (sand/tan in this case). And the running board should be sand color -not black, bumper brackets and supports are painted black instead of correct silver-gray, the rims look beautiful in their 2-tone 'glory' - for a Sedan - NOT a convertible! The clear fuse cover is missing under dash, the rear window has some sort of fitment 'business' going on along the upper edge, top appears to be Haartz canvas instead of the correct pin point vinyl, the 'experts' used the seam-at-the-top, out of the box seat covers, why did those same experts use BLACK aftermarket floormats in a '67? Shocked , red hazard switch lens incorrect for '67, (should have 'emergency 88' with VW logo in middle) cheapy-aftermarket sun visors, locking trunk release knob not the usual style found in verts, missing the correct vacuum pipe from dist. to carb, missing the large gray plastic washers and screws and snaps on interior firewall, the '67's pvc matting material back there missing - they understandably used carpet instead, and apparently decided to use an aftermarket wire cover in the front trunk instead of sourcing an oem one...

They did a fantastic job on the undercarriage! (should've gone the extra mile and located the orig ribbed front shock plastic top covers) The pan and suspension detail almost excessive to the extent that they left a few of the top side details go... nothing major, just some minor little "details" that do add up in a serious $75,000 '67 VW convertible!

Previously owned: 72 "Baja Champion SE" Spec. Edition Super Beetle bought NEW; 79 Convertible bought NEW; 67 type 1 savanna beige; 67 2.0 911S; 73 2.4 911T; 63 356 T6 B Cabriolet; 64 356 SC sunroof coupe; 72 Type-3 Squareback; 68 + 69 Type-3 Fastbacks; 87 Vanagon GL Wasserboxer
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sapphire II radio for $3250 Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2580724

New user so probably had no idea of the actual value.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I know price says 15000$ but my bottom line is $12,500 for it. Fully restored you could fetch about 52,500$ in perfect condition

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2581115
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Quote:
I know price says 15000$ but my bottom line is $12,500 for it. Fully restored you could fetch about 52,500$ in perfect condition

And if I had a fully functioning brain I'd be a millionaire, but here we are.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Quote:

No you could not. Rolling Eyes
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Quote:

This picture speaks volumes.

latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Quote:

Come on guys... be understanding. He didnt state specifically when it could fetch 52k
He forgot to add a timeframe. For example: in the year 2050 this bug, fully restored in perfect condition can fetch 52K
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2582709

"Don't contact me and talk about facebook marketplace and how my price blah blah blah youre an idiot."
Nothing helps sell a car better than insulting your potential buyers.
$14,500 is way over priced. "Needs very little "😅
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 409, 410, 411 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 410 of 422

Jump to: