Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

What's so super on these Beetle's. Confused

https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/d/1974-vw-super-beetle/6279896189.html

https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/d/1974-vw-super-bettle/6260804334.html

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigrrandy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

whats so 1974
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

3rd one in a month...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Pez, perhaps the window assembly needs some attention?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Pez wrote:
3rd one in a month...

The new after market winders are junk. I broke a couple as well.

As other poster questioned; how does you window roll up? Easily and smooth or does it get harder as it gets closer to being fully closed?

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ya'll are both spot on, my regulator does need to be lubed but do not think it was this bad. I will be sourcing German winders once the doors are rebuilt.
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I agree those cranks are junk. I prefer the 68-69ish ones w bent rod instead of pot metal.
Fattie
I'd roll it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:

the price
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

bigrrandy wrote:
whats so 1974

Both ad titles say, Super Beetle's, the VW's in the photos are standard Beetle's. See photos. Confused

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Fattie wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

the price

Both ad titles say, Super Beetle's, the VW's in the photos are standard Beetle's. See photos. Confused

02/76 Beetle sedan
My57Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Crack Pipe or Nice Price? >>>> Reply with quote

Will have to watch this one.

There must be a 1000 1979 and even 1980 convertibles out there with less than 50 miles on them.

Folks thought that they were going to get rich off of these since they would be "GONE FOREVER!!!".

Well, I don't think so.

Crack pipe.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2042956

RK
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Crack Pipe or Nice Price? >>>> Reply with quote

My57Oval wrote:
Will have to watch this one.

There must be a 1000 1979 and even 1980 convertibles out there with less than 50 miles on them.

Folks thought that they were going to get rich off of these since they would be "GONE FOREVER!!!".

Well, I don't think so.

Crack pipe.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2042956

RK

There were several less than a few hundred miles on the clock 79' convertibles that have sold the past couple of years in the $40k range. This seller seems to be at $10k higher than the current market value.

When I see these basically brand new VW's in this price range, I do some math in my head. I think it would cost at least $30k + to restore to a very high level, a used, rust free 70's convertible to be in the same condition as this new one.

Fattie
I'd roll it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
Fattie wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:

the price

uh yes i understood.. that's why i said the price as to the fact they are not super beetles,sir Wink
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Crack Pipe or Nice Price? >>>> Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

When I see these basically brand new VW's in this price range, I do some math in my head. I think it would cost at least $30k + to restore to a very high level, a used, rust free 70's convertible to be in the same condition as this new one.

The other issue is, on top of the cost of the car itself, given that it's been sitting for nearly 40 years, if you want to drive this thing you are pretty much going to have to go through the entire car - replace entire brake system, replace all tires, perhaps fuel tank & fuel components, any oil seals, etc.

So you can either keep it original but unusable or make it usable but destroy the originality.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Here's a good example of how much money air-cooled VW's in New England go for that need TLC. Sick

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2094678

02/76 Beetle sedan
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
Here's a good example of how much money air-cooled VW's in New England go for that need TLC. Sick

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2094678

Good looking vert but a bit over priced.

sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Sweet-- must be the only 1968 Mexican beetle ever made! Only $16k

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-vw-beetle/6269548460.html

They got the elephant foot taillights and the 4 vent deck lid before they were even available!
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-vw-beetle/6269548460.html

They got the elephant foot taillights and the 4 vent deck lid before they were even available!

That is quality entertainment!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
MSBenko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:

It isn't uncommon for a Mexican Beetle in the United States to be registered as an earlier year Beetle. I'm not exactly sure why though. The seller should have probably mentioned the actual year and noted that it was registered as a 68. Very Happy

75 Standard Beetle
72 Standard Beetle (first car) sold in '96
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

MSBenko wrote:

It isn't uncommon for a Mexican Beetle in the United States to be registered as an earlier year Beetle.

Really? How exactly does that fly?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Page 56 of 91

Jump to: