Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/d/volkswagen-vw-beetle-bug/6379167593.html

https://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-vw-bug-truck/6372260291.html

Laughing

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-vw-bug-truck/6372260291.html

Laughing

This one is kinda' cool, but no way ten grand cool! Shocked

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-volkswagen-bug/6348959605.html

$2800 dollars? It runs and drives?

But the best quote "car is not rusty from salt I think it's from leaking top or no top."
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I thought the Stupid Questions thread was a place where you could post examples of stupid questions for humour purposes. But it's for legitimate questions, I just learned.
So I'll post it here:

Anon wrote:
ALL the fluid leaked out of trans .. IS this ok ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MSBenko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

These thermostats are getting very hard to find. Most sites do not have them. The few that do, know that they can charge you an arm and a leg along with your first born child. $139.95?!

http://www.evwparts.com/vwparts/111119159A.html

75 Standard Beetle
72 Standard Beetle (first car) sold in '96
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

A bargain! So many new brake parts!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2107580685...&ifg=1

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2094839

For 15K, you don't get front disc brakes. d'oh!

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I normally don't bitch about things but I have to throw my 2 cents in on this. I'm restoring my 74SB and bought new tail lights. These are the ones you can buy from any vendor and sell for $40-$60 depending on the vendor. They are absolute junk. Many reproduction parts are questionable, but these lights by far are the worst part I have encountered. They went in the trash and I'll go back to OEM tail lights.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2094839

For 15K, you don't get front disc brakes. d'oh!

This is a prime example of someone farming all the restoration work out and then trying to pass the bill onto the buyer. Good luck dude.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

This seems like a very good deal if no rust, etc...

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/73-superbeetle/6396923102.html

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

NOS Vac cans could be had for $45-50 bucks a year ago...now, looks like somebody bought them all up and jacked the prices upof $100..... Evil or Very Mad

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
B52Gunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is it me, or are the shipping prices from aircooled.net completely insane?

Went to order 10 CV bolt washers, two final drive seals, and a couple other small items. Total was right at $40 and least expensive option for shipping was $23.

Shocked
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

B52Gunner wrote:
Is it me, or are the shipping prices from aircooled.net completely insane?

Went to order 10 CV bolt washers, two final drive seals, and a couple other small items. Total was right at $40 and least expensive option for shipping was $23.

Shocked

Have to agree - I've gone elsewhere for parts at various times because of aircooled's shipping costs. I also like the convenience of paypal, but aircooled and WWest don't have it as payment options, which also affects where I buy certain parts.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

You should be able to get small and heavy items shipped anywhere in the US for about $7. There are flat rate shipping options for the USPS. It's basically anything you can fit in the box will ship for that price (except for blocks of lead). Check with your suppliers and ask them if they can do that for you.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
This seems like a very good deal if no rust, etc...

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/73-superbeetle/6396923102.html

That'd be a good deal around here.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
I normally don't bitch about things but I have to throw my 2 cents in on this. I'm restoring my 74SB and bought new tail lights. These are the ones you can buy from any vendor and sell for $40-$60 depending on the vendor. They are absolute junk. Many reproduction parts are questionable, but these lights by far are the worst part I have encountered. They went in the trash and I'll go back to OEM tail lights.

Go with Hella ones. You should be able to get them for about $50 each. It's worth the $10-$20 extra. The same goes for the front lights as well.

Look at the reflection in them as well. I've heard the original ones reflect better.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2101746

Late bug hi-back seats Price: $225.. seriously?

"All original"

I couldn't find them for less than $100 each locally.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

bobinphx wrote:
Bosch points were bad out of the box. Three boxes all the same. Pads on the points do not line up.

If that was something I sold you I'd refund you your money and the shipping. I check everything before I send it out.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:
You should be able to get small and heavy items shipped anywhere in the US for about $7. There are flat rate shipping options for the USPS. It's basically anything you can fit in the box will ship for that price (except for blocks of lead). Check with your suppliers and ask them if they can do that for you.

I wonder if they would take that. I've shipped a flywheel in one flat rate box and 2 generators in another flat rate box before. They were probably similar to a straight up brick. I used like a 1/4 roll of tape to keep it together, LOL
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
kawfee wrote:

I wonder if they would take that. I've shipped a flywheel in one flat rate box and 2 generators in another flat rate box before. They were probably similar to a straight up brick. I used like a 1/4 roll of tape to keep it together, LOL

I just shipped a starter in a medium flat rate box. It just fit. It was about 15 pounds. It was $13.60. You can fit a lot in those boxes too. Who ever came up with the flat rate box idea is a genius.

I packed a small flat rate box with main bearings going overseas. I found out they limit the weight on those boxes hence my comment on lead.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Page 58 of 91

Jump to: