Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSBenko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:
https://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-super-beetle/6501614900.html

"The bad that I know of:
1. When driving with a passenger and while making left sharp turns, the right front wheel area makes a horrible screeching sound. Noticed this in the spring of 2016 and purchased the car in summer of 2014. Only noticed when a passenger is in vehicle and my mechanic put a wrench on every bolt but couldn't find anything. His solution: Either start replacing random parts or wait for something to fall off, then fix it. I opted for the latter. 1.5 years later and nothing has fallen off! "

Either his mechanic is an idiot, incompetent, or just taking advantage of this guys' ignorance.

The correct answer is D, all of the above.

75 Standard Beetle
72 Standard Beetle (first car) sold in '96
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

21k... hmmm
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2155734
Looks pretty dang tits tho...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mmmm.... all clean, shiny and nicely sorted (looks great!)

... except for for, uh... one of the pushrod tubes.
"Only 15 miles on the car since restoration was completed."
I'm not sure if I believe it Brick wall
WTF is that?... am I seeing things?... or is that blown the hell out?

d'oh!
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

that pushrod tube looks fine, maybe just a bit dinged on its side. the black thing you see is the condensation drip tube in front of it
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

" the chassis portion of theheater boxes were not installed when the pan went back on"

Is he talking about the Bakelite tubes? Installing those after the body is on could present a problem. And it could explain why they haven't been put on the car. They forgot until it was too late? Confused Man, that would suck realizing you had left those off! Sad

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

GArBa wrote:
that pushrod tube looks fine, maybe just a bit dinged on its side. the black thing you see is the condensation drip tube in back of it
Whew... thanks. Looked like a big hole.
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

well technically it is in front with respect to the pic angle, i.e. it is between the pushrod tube and the camera! Laughing
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
SchoolcraftSignal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I guess this fits in this topic...

I was searching for parts on Jbugs today, mainly comparing prices/quality between them and WW, and I happened to stumble across this:

No thanks, not needed? Part Number Not? I wonder how this ended up on the website. I kinda want to order 100 of them just to see what happens...

Just thought that was funny, here's the link by the way:http://www.jbugs.com/product/Not.html

"Sven" 1965 Sunroof Beetle
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

No words... Shocked

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/412852992463494

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

That is high but those kits can be expensive.

Another one on here for $1100:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2116039

I've seen them go for around $1000 on eBay a few times
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just had to show this one.... I get a PM from a user who calls me out on my pricing for a NOS German TS switch I have listed... and says. Rolling Eyes

yr switch where did u ever come up with that price ??????? 111-9 Quote message
i have an oem meyle made in germany switch 111 953 513f switch 4 17 with free freight who told u that swf was oem not true meyle was oem u r way over priced way way michemo see my adds for an oem brand

Here is his listing for his..." made in Germany"... Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2161601

Well maybe its just a lack of reading skills. Laughing

Last edited by vwman6559 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Well, now, with that many grammatical errors who wouldn't trust this unworthy and noble gentleman?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwman6559
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Well, now, with that many grammatical errors who wouldn't trust this unworthy and noble gentleman?

It gets better...he updated his listing and took out the photo that showed "made in China"... but the reading is now comical Laughing
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
this is meyle switch wiitch is as good as the oem brand i use this brand in my shop in baton rouge and warranty it 4 3 years parts and lobor i know w/o bubba pulling on it it will outlast 90% of them on market not a good as a swf but that switch is 200 dollars and it will last just as long as this one if jefro does not hang from it

I'm not so sure about this guys shop. He's got Bubba and Jefro doing quality control on all his work.

All of his ads read the same: confusing. My advice would be to let someone else in the shop post the ads. Like, literally, anyone else.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

vwman6559 wrote:
awreed wrote:

It gets better...he updated his listing and took out the photo that showed "made in China"... but the reading is now comical Laughing

Deleted pic

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

That description makes me uncomfortable. Laughing
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

DurocShark wrote:
That description makes me uncomfortable. Laughing

I think I'd rather read the description than talk to the guy in person! Eh? JMHO

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
greggholmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

May the Hoover Bit be with you.
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1918382

Price at the top says $18,500, but at the bottom of a long list of parts that number becomes $28,500. Both of those numbers seem high, despite the fancy paint.

Quote:
Disc brakes on the front and manual on the rear

So the front brakes are boost assisted, but not the rear?
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1918382

Price at the top says $18,500, but at the bottom of a long list of parts that number becomes $28,500. Both of those numbers seem high, despite the fancy paint.

If they're going to demand an outrageous price like that, I think they should at least learn to spell "pedal" correctly

1600 SP engine
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://fortsmith.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-vw-bug/6551676434.html

Mainly wondering about the hodgepodge engine on this one-- WTH was the reasoning behind this??

1600 SP engine
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Page 61 of 91

Jump to: