Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2184842 Laughing

This book is available NOS for $12.95

http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/0103.htm

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Apple, first he says the price is $25.00, then after reading on, he wants $50.00–or make a reasonable offer.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Apple, first he says the price is $25.00, then after reading on, he wants $50.00–or make a reasonable offer.

Tim

A fool and his money are soon parted
KKiley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

From a Facebook group. Another "My wife says I need to sell the car" ad

I like his lengthy description: Nice

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Click to view image
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

KKiley wrote:
From a Facebook group. Another "My wife says I need to sell the car" ad

I like his lengthy description: Nice

Dont sell it. You will regret it.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
KKiley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lol, Jimbo, that's not mine. Just an ad that popped up on my Facebook.

Click to view image
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2187416

This is just bit much on the price point. These are not that rare and good restored German Bosch 034's are available.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Idea hmm I wonder if I can get $30000.00 for my bug.... Confused it a original... Wink
so many items that are used up, ok or almost like new.but yet the sellers want way more than new...even on current production items.now that's salesmanship...now where is the torpedo.
hmm Idea I have number and letter stamps......I wonder what these berg lug nuts are worth....or all this other newly minted burg stuff can bring Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink
you cant fix stupid, but you can sell shit to them.... Wink (you can, I wont)
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

AND....stock crap/parts listed in the hi performance adds. Shocked Twisted Evil I know there are many of you that think a widget thingy for a 36 horse is hi performance and i reckon it is over a 20 horse.but...that aint where it go's like all the oe intakes&carbs and other stock dead stuff. when i need a stock part I for sure dont go to the hp section. kinda like listing the seats with the wheels&tires.they doo carry your fat ass as the wheels turn, but there not wheels& tires. I wonder why that section aint full of dead steering wheels Confused and yes the way over priced almost dead ones too Wink Idea hmm flywheels should go there too....and wheel cylinders. and of course Vanna White. Wink Popcorn
thechewster92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

What about things like the custom bumpers. Same concept as the T-Bars but for a 74 super beetle.

Is anything made to substitute the shock mounts?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Here's the be all to end all whines:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2187988

This feller really expects he'll get a single bid over $150k for all his stuff. I see maybe $45k on a great day in 2012. And the main car he lists is the cheapest-valued.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I can't see anyone doing a package deal like that, regardless of price.

I bet he's gotten tons of emails asking to buy different plate frames or various individual parts.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2190750

But I added all my expenses up and I have way more than that into it Sad
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/d/68-to-72-beetle-fenders-new/6634950164.html
Really? That seems way expensive for an aftermarket part.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

dont think this is the right place at all, and im sure just about everyone here has seen this beast of a car, but I just wanted to point out an ingenious way to make cold air intakes for intercoolers on a bug.

link to this dudes nuts EJ20T 1303 build http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=143738
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2167202
Rolling Eyes

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MMoney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Good camper accessory...

Shocked https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-custom-trailer/6643554610.html Cool
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Eskamobob1 wrote:
dont think this is the right place at all, and im sure just about everyone here has seen this beast of a car, but I just wanted to point out an ingenious way to make cold air intakes for intercoolers on a bug.

link to this dudes nuts EJ20T 1303 build http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=143738

Yeah, this should go into the bastards/abortions thread.

Pretty amazing work this guy did, though. One question: why go through that insane amount of work turning the body in like that? Why not just bolt on some air scoops?
favguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

On enquiring, this greedy b***ard seller wants £40k ($52k+) for this Ultima Edicion....

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1014910

I'm getting just a bit fed up of the number of greedy hucksters glomming on to the VW scene lately Sad
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^ interesting that it is listed as a private ad but obviously in a showroom with dealer plates.... a lot of dosh for a car with square tyres and perished brake/fuel parts from standing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Page 64 of 91

Jump to: