Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2415775

WTF Shocked

what in the god damn

that guy is on crack Shocked

yeah, he tried to sell me a pair of king pin carriers and spindles for like 200 or $250 Rolling Eyes i dont think he really wants his stuff off his property.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/randolph-1971-super-beetle/7211137037.html

This seems way over priced, I have seen the car, it looks nice, but $10K ??
How about some heater hoses, and a real air cleaner ?

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/randolph-1971-super-beetle/7211137037.html

This seems way over priced, I have seen the car, it looks nice, but $10K ??
How about some heater hoses, and a real air cleaner ?

Seat cushions look worn as the upholstery appears loose in the pictures. I personally would not pay $10k, but don't blame the guy for trying. Solid looking body, but being a Vermont car, I'd also have to put it on a lift and get a really good look at the underside.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

It looks like the exterior only was painted a different color. A real pet peeve of mine. But they do go for crazy money in New England.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I like the colour even tho its not stock.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

huh,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wonder what the VW part number is for that accessory? Laughing

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not so much late model specific but jeezzzz...

$60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php...5a46a913b8

$13.59
https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C13%2D15%2D2013
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2434372

I'm a Love Bug fan- and used to own one. But the description of this car and its features are outrageously wrong. The seller is picking info out of the stars. And the pictures have me thinking the seller must have a Shar-Pei so nothing appears wrong at all inside. Too bad.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2434372

I'm a Love Bug fan- and used to own one. But the description of this car and its features are outrageously wrong. The seller is picking info out of the stars. And the pictures have me thinking the seller must have a Shar-Pei so nothing appears wrong at all inside. Too bad.

There are a few mistakes there, but for the most part it is called "embellishing," I especially like where they say "It is in original condition as much as is possible." What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Thought I’d post this up. A pretty complete 74 convertible beetle barn find in Wisconsin, for free it is in really good shape, I would get it if it was closer but maybe someone here wants to save it, even just for the engine? https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/zip/d/milwaukee-1974-vw-super-beetle/7227067655.html
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Found this rear half of a gem for only $5k

Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

wtf does "recently new" mean lmao Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2441200
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I’m curious why people post cars for sale at a certain price, then raise the price later on? This particular car first popped up on craigslist for $9900, then on here for $15k, then $13.9k, now $14.5k? There’s another car on here that was $15k, then $16k, now it’s $19k. I just don’t understand it.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2451183
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I’m curious why people post cars for sale at a certain price, then raise the price later on? This particular car first popped up on craigslist for $9900, then on here for $15k, then $13.9k, now $14.5k? There’s another car on here that was $15k, then $16k, now it’s $19k. I just don’t understand it.

We have been taught that when something is cheap and too good to be true it must be a "scam".
So, if the price is really high, it must be legit.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
jays58s wrote:

We have been taught that when something is cheap and too good to be true it must be a "scam".
So, if the price is really high, it must be legit.

🤣
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'm rebuilding the engine on of my '74 Super. Nothing major, going w/88mm thick walled P&Cs from AA. I used AA 85.5mm for my '73 Super's build and it runs great after 8k miles. Anyway, I get three of the four pistons installed on the short block and then the PIN won't fit on fourth!! Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

I bought this and most of the other big engine parts - rods, heads, other bits - from Carcraft. I reached out to Ron, hopefully there's a warranty/return policy for something like this...or a single-cylinder replacement. If there's not...I'll be back here to post a full accounting. Evil or Very Mad

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
I'm rebuilding the engine on of my '74 Super. Nothing major, going w/88mm thick walled P&Cs from AA. I used AA 85.5mm for my '73 Super's build and it runs great after 8k miles. Anyway, I get three of the four pistons installed on the short block and then the PIN won't fit on fourth!! Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

I bought this and most of the other big engine parts - rods, heads, other bits - from Carcraft. I reached out to Ron, hopefully there's a warranty/return policy for something like this...or a single-cylinder replacement. If there's not...I'll be back here to post a full accounting. Evil or Very Mad

Try putting the pin in from the other side of the piston, seriously.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

raydog wrote:

Beat you to it, Raydog! That's the first thing I did after it wouldn't go in the one side. I'm hesitant to tap-tap any harder for fear of breaking the piston.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
raydog wrote:

Beat you to it, Raydog! That's the first thing I did after it wouldn't go in the one side. I'm hesitant to tap-tap any harder for fear of breaking the piston.

Heat the pin boss with a propane torch for about 30 seconds.
Let it sit for another 30 seconds and slide the wrist pin into place.
I did this on a reluctant set of JE pistons. It worked perfectly.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Thanks 67R. To make sure I'm understanding and asking a probably obvious question...is the boss the sleeve in the piston that the pin slides into? So I hit it w/the propane from the underside of the piston, right?

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Page 83 of 91

Jump to: