Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BustedBus - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: BustedBus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 27, 2024
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have done a couple handfuls of transactions with Chris from www.bustedbus.com and He as always been most helpful on many fronts. With his time and knowledge he has shared greatly on many occasions even when I did not purchase a thing. His efforts in helping me get the very best right parts for my Westy's restoration have been with out limits. I would recommend no one else when it comes to finding the best used quality parts. thanks again Chris for all your help. www.bustedbus.com ROCKS.....
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have done a couple handfuls of transactions with Chris from www.bustedbus.com and He as always been most helpful on many fronts. With his time and knowledge he has shared greatly on many occasions even when I did not purchase a thing. His efforts in helping me get the very best right parts for my Westy's restoration have been with out limits. I would recommend no one else when it comes to finding the best used quality parts. thanks again Chris for all your help. www.bustedbus.com ROCKS.....

Just had to repost it because it so so true. I just got a very hard to find collapsable cot for my 79 Westy from Chris and its a great quality product. Chris also in the past days has given me great info and contacts to help in all my projects. THe best resource for used parts by far.
Tyler 5447
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered up a set of Pre 1970 hub caps from Chris last week. Recieved exactly what I was expecting. Will definitely buy from him again.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Bustedbus.com Reply with quote

I must say Chris has the customer service thing down. Excellent Excellent vendor to deal with. He has helped me out so much with my restoration. Today I called bustedbus.com for a rushed part as my bus is up on lift in pieces. Chris is like a VW super hero, he sprang into action and is hand picking part and planning to hand deliver or expidite shipping to my mechanic. Bustedbus.com is by far the best place you can spend your money. Quality parts, great wisdom, and super bad ass customer service. Thank you Chris again for another great experience.
BustedBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, you're killing me with kindness! Love you too! Wink
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through Matt's ((((GLOWING)))) recommendation I contacted Chris for some tin for my '79. He came through, he shipped and I received it as promised within a few days. I'm sure I'll be going back again.

-jeffrey
Kopela
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've ordered numerous parts from Chris at BustedBus. He's hugely knowledgeable, an expert through and through. Not only does he answer my questions, but answers some of those questions that I didn't know I had while he's at it. His customer service and communication is absolutely topnotch. Extremely fast shipping. Excellent parts. I'll be a repeat customer for a long time into the future, as long as Chris keeps at it; he's my first stop (and if he cannot provide the parts I needed, he always sends me to places that can). Absolutely fantastic.

I recommend BustedBus and Chris extremely highly, with no reservations whatsoever. He's made my Bus restoration and maintenance possible and enjoyable, and I've learned A LOT along the way.
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted Chris at BustedBus for a few small pieces that I couldn't get from friends and local buses. Sent him some pictures of my worn out/missing parts, he had them in the mail soon after and they arrived today.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaleNW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased a few items from Chris at BustedBus. I love that he takes your project and your needs to heart and tries to find parts that meet your needs. If he can't find it in his stock, he will help you find it elsewhere.
From a business perspective, Busted Bus is top notch. From a personal perspective, Chris is very knowledgeable, personal, engaging, and and a true mensch.
He is on a short list of businesses that I buy from and fully trust.

Thanks Chris!
LeeE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent customer service! Very helpful, and great communication.
Thanks very much.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed a part that is NLA new, and no one seemed to have one nearby. I contacted Busted Bus and they got right back to me.
Not only did they have the part, it was reasonably priced.
They shipped it right away, and even cleaned it up for me.

Couldn't be happier with the service. If you need a part, definitely give Busted Bus a try.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevespeirs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chris at BustedBus is the man. Always responsive. Always helpful. Always goes the extra mile.

Keep up the great work!
Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bustedbus is a first rate seller. I was looking for a replacement engine lid, and they took the time to promptly answer my questions and email me photos of what was available. I would have zero hesitation dealing with them again. Green Bay Bus
Bulliwinkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

First time experience; I ordered a Westy seat support bracket at 9am this morning. Then left to get a haircut and came home to find the part in excellent condition sitting on my doorstep. Now that is what I call customer service. Thank you! Very Happy

'66 Velvet Green Riviera Camper
'72 Sierra Yellow Westy
'71 Chianti Red Westy ~Sold
'71 Pastel White Westy ~Sold
'61 Pearl White Sedan ~Sold

johnnypan wrote:
"John Muir was a hack mechanic who convinced thousands of people to attempt repairs they had no business attempting".
blacka1vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very easy to deal with! Good prices! I will definitely be back for other parts. Recommend giving them a try. They even ate some of the shipping cost. Great deal.
73 Bus
79 Bus -Tic Tak
86 Cabriolet
passoa55 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought several parts from them
Pleased with the parts
Would buy again, thanks!
1950 Hebmuller #458
1955 lowlight lizard green
1955 original paint oval
1956 1600 super V-sunroof Porsche
1958 lowlight ghia black
1963 firetruckred 23 window
1967 SO42 westy
1969 original paint Westy
1970 one owner 1300L bug
BustedBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi All,

Having founded Bustedbus in late 1999, I sold the business to Chris in 2006. As Chris has moved into retirement I was blessed to be offered the opportunity to take it back over!

While it’s like riding a bike I have been out of the bus world for a long time. Its roots were in the early ages of e-commerce which I have been working on re-establishing over the past several months with a new online store.

www.bustedbus.store ….. you may notice that the old .com domain now points to the store but we are for sure the same old grass roots used parts supplier. I am streamlining the ordering process so that I can focus on inventory acquisition and cataloging inventory.

In celebration of the new site I am offering a limited time 20% discount (code: Thesamba) on all products and Free Economy shipping for all orders over $100. This should be helpful as I get a handle on new market pricing. You can image the values have changed over the last 15 years, both in the availability of new aftermarket products and depletion of used parts inventory.

You can always call with questions and while I can still feel my way around with my eyes closed, if I can’t answer right away Chris loves it when I reach out to tap his vast superior knowledge. Please feel free to say hi and thank you to Chris for all his amazing work and I will forward, your love and appreciation

Bustedbus Joe
Founder/New Owner
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: BustedBus - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had been watching the Samba classifieds for quite a while looking for a late Westy arm rest and I was having no luck. I sent Joe at Bustedbus an email and a few days later I had a beautiful arm rest. Thanks Joe. I will definitely be back for more bus stuff.
72 Super
63 Bug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: