Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things Unlimited - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Things Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fellow 181derers,

Like many of you, I have been concerned with the activities, or lack thereof, of Mike Basso at Things Unlimited. Several years ago, I had the pleasure to meet Mike, trade some parts, and we even shared a swap space at a show. At that time he was personable, helpful, friendly, enthusiastic and eager to succeed with his new venture. We corresponded regularly, and enjoyed several phone conversations.
When I became the moderator of this forum, I had no hesitation in recommending Things Unlimited as a vendor. As rumblings began to surface months ago of slow/ no deliveries on orders, I was both surprised and concerned, because in my experience, that wasn't like Mike. I fired off an email or two and tried to reach him by phone to no avail. Shortly after, Mike posted on the Topica List offering an explanation and assurances that he was back on track.
As more reports of poor communication and undelivered orders became public, and my attempts to contact Mike continued to prove fruitless, I removed Things Unlimited from the "web resource' sticky. I have to say it pained me to make that decision; I was optimistic that Mike's business was simply suffering "growing pains", and TU would get back on track.

We all know that this has not happened.

I have repeatedly tried to contact Mike, hoping to get some sort of clarification. To date, I have had no success. At this point, as I write this, there is no way to even leave Mike a telephone message- his voice mail will no longer take messages.

As we all know by now, Things Unlimited is a vendor to avoid... and unfortunately, until I, or any of us , hear from Mike, I have to assume that the situation is permanent. Personally, I think it is a crying shame.

At this point, the reasons for the apparent decline of Things Unlimited are unclear. There is lots of supposition, theories, rumour and innuendo being floated, yet nothing concrete.

I have been monitoring the threads on Things Unlimited in the forum, but have refrained from posting, as I had been hoping that Mike would get in contact with me and I could have SOME sort of news to provide... otherwise, I feel I would just be participating in the flogging of a necrotic equine.

I have been, and continue to be, impressed by the maturity and intelligence shown by the members of this forum in their posts here. The debacle of Things Unlimited could have turned into an unmoderatable mess. You didn't let that happen. Thank you.

Having said all of that (you're still reading, right? Hey Pinky, wake up!)
I am now locking all of the current TU threads. They have pretty much run their course. They will remain, so that the info is available, but really, unless there is any news, i don't think there is anything more to be said.

However, even though I don't think there is anything more to be said, others may disagree. If you have any further comments on the TU saga, please do NOT start a new thread- add your thoughts here.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
No_2_Things_Unlimted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Fair Call Reply with quote

I agree with what you are saying and as long as people read it them hopefully more people will not be taken by the guy.

The total of the money he has stolen from 181 enthusiasts is now $13853.93 and I will continue to track it on www.stopthingsunlimited.info

Out of interest I am getting quite a few emails from people about Mike Basso and it seems that this was going on before he stopped making contact with people it was just less noticeable because people presumed it was a mistake.. not so it appears he has been running this scam from the beginning, he just got real greedy towards the end and went to far so people jacked up on him.

As far as contact goes he appears to have vanished, I have a guy trying to serve him some papers on my behalf and he tells me no one his home so it will take a little longer as he will have to go looking.
markie61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...unless there is any news, i don't think there is anything more to be said.

News: Accidently clicked on the TU website in my "favorites" (har-har) list this morning. The site is now down.

Mark
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the domain "thingsunlimited.net" is no longer registered to anyone.

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=www.thingsunlimited.net&type=domain
No_2_Things_Unlimted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

It is still registered ..
to Vince

Registrant:
Vince Sadowski
803 Oakridge Rd
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
US

As for the site...

Lets just say it has been hacked

www.stopthingsunlimted.info still works fine if you want to see what you could have gotten from Things Unlimted

Now onto Bank Accounts....
addh79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is not as interesting as it used to be. No more TU threads gives this page no controversy nor suspence. Pretty much Nothing to talk about nor bicker about! Think about a movie without a bad guy. A story without the bad person. A joke without a meaning! Who would want to read or look or talk about about car parts and how they work #Sleep. How I polished my rims this christmas. "Hello Bob look at my new wipers... They are german rubber..." Rolling Eyes Who cares about your wipers! I want to know whats up with Mike Basso! Is he arested yet? Is he in rehap? Somebody please bring the excitment back!

See I vote letting these threads go on. Keep the excitment! Sure makes me want to come back and read.

To the administrator... This website needs hits! Make it less boring and let the threads be! Let the people talk! Dont be a HITLER! Thanks
Captain Spalding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

addh79 wrote:
This forum is not as interesting as it used to be. No more TU threads gives this page no controversy nor suspence. Pretty much Nothing to talk about nor bicker about! Think about a movie without a bad guy. A story without the bad person. A joke without a meaning! Who would want to read or look or talk about about car parts and how they work #Sleep. How I polished my rims this christmas. "Hello Bob look at my new wipers... They are german rubber..." Rolling Eyes Who cares about your wipers! I want to know whats up with Mike Basso! Is he arested yet? Is he in rehap? Somebody please bring the excitment back!

See I vote letting these threads go on. Keep the excitment! Sure makes me want to come back and read.

To the administrator... This website needs hits! Make it less boring and let the threads be! Let the people talk! Dont be a HITLER! Thanks

Hmm. If it's angst and drama you're interested in, why not try out Samba's own "Rants N Raves" forum? If you think talking about cars and car parts is boring, then that's the place for you.

As far as the forum needing a "Bad Guy", I think your gratuitous Hitler reference has put you into contention for the job.
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't quite connected all the dots in the T.U./M.B epic, addh79 is the fellow who got ripped for $3,870.
If I were him, I'd still be steamed too....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
No_2_Things_Unlimted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: mmmm looks like $14 000 is on the way` Reply with quote

Got another few emails today ..... looks like we will be well over $14 000 USD by the end of teh weekend and I would say over $15 000 USD before Xmas...

What a bugger of a thing to be good at collecting ....

http://stopthingsunlimited.info/
addh79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: mmmm looks like $14 000 is on the way` Reply with quote

No_2_Things_Unlimted wrote:
Got another few emails today ..... looks like we will be well over $14 000 USD by the end of teh weekend and I would say over $15 000 USD before Xmas...

What a bugger of a thing to be good at collecting ....

http://stopthingsunlimited.info/

Keep up the good work! Even though I already got ripped off i still apreciate your devotion to helping others. This web page needs more people like you and ztnoo. Thanks for the suport.
Merry Christmas
Captain Spalding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ztnoo wrote:
For those who haven't quite connected all the dots in the T.U./M.B epic, addh79 is the fellow who got ripped for $3,870.

I hadn't connected those dots. addh79 certainly is justified in his anger, and I spoke out of turn. Sorry, addh79.
addh79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Spalding wrote:
ztnoo wrote:

I hadn't connected those dots. addh79 certainly is justified in his anger, and I spoke out of turn. Sorry, addh79.

Captain Spalding your cool too! Merry Christmas my friend!
[email protected] Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: HI ITS MIKE Reply with quote

I AM TRULY SORRY FOR ANY HARDSHIPS OR HEARTACHE I HAVE CAUSED FELLOW THING OWNERS.

THE BEST OF MY KNOWELDGE ALL MONIES OWED HAVE BEEN REFUNDED

I AM LOOKING FOR A PARTNER WHO WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OVER AS A NEW PRESIDENT FOR THINGS UNLIMITED INC.
PLEASE CALL 518 630 0173
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING RESTART THE BUSINESS AND HAVE A LITTLE FAITH.

PS IF YOU NEED SOME THING ADVICE OR WANT TO COME VISIT PLEASE CALL THANKS,

SINCERELY,

mike
THINGS UNLIMITED INC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian Epperson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Glad to see you're getting back on your feet. The last year or two must have been hellish - I hope that's behind you now.

I'm eager to hear good things from your shop from those who have been burned in the past - or at least eager to hear neutral things Wink. I've done business with you in the past, and look forward to the day when I can trust doing business with you again. Trust is a fragile thing that doesn't come easy - especially in a primarily on-line business - but I'm rootin for you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spoke with Mike on the phone.

The fact that Mike answered his phone, the simpe fact that his phone was working, is a more positive development than anything I have seen from Schenectady for months.

Mike asserts that he wants to get the business back up on it's feet, and restore the good rep the name "Things Unlimited" has always carried. Yes, he is actively looking for a partner. His projected re-start date is March 1.

As i told Mike, actions speak louder than words. I hope to see Mike get it back together, and will wait to see what happens in March.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
Pinky
Samba Ass Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keepin' the faith too Mike-

Don't let us down and I wish you all the best of luck in getting going again.

However, before I go spending money with your business again, I would like to be 100% sure that you've repaid all the folks that have been burned.

I would have expected them to have the decency to speak up if this has occurred to show faith in your gesture.

Now, what exactly would this president's position entail?

Heavy investment? A new name behind the business?

Keep it transparent to the Thing community and you will have much better luck winning back the crowd.
addh79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: BEWARE OF MIKE BASSO thingsunlimited! DONT GET SCAMMED! Reply with quote

I dont buy it!

I contacted my bank and Mike has yet to repay. He is what you call a fellon. I did get my money back but no thanks to Mike. I got it back through the Visa dept. fraud insurance policy!
Just in case any of you credit card holders dont know... Visa wont loose. That is the reason for higher intrest rates.
In other words Mike did not steal from VISA! He stole from all you credit card holders out there who are stuck paying a much highter interest rate in order to pay off Mike Basso's theft capade.

I dont buy his words. If you ask me... This is just another one of his scheems to rip someone off now that they took away his credit card billing permit and his website. How can you sell something that is not yours? Something that doesnt exist anymore? Something in the name of a Vince. Dont beleive you mike! What are you up too? Trying to have a grand finally? End with a bang?

Be aware. I smell a rat.
Another thing that i question is his drug addiction! Rehap is much more than a month in a half. Whats wrong? No money?

Who ever doesnt like my frank remarks and my honest opinion.. B/M!
Send a money order to Mike and buy some parts! Go ahead do it. Send cash why dont you! He's a good guy... HAAAA! Yeah Right!
Ferretkona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: BEWARE OF MIKE BASSO thingsunlimited! DONT GET SCAMMED! Reply with quote

addh79 wrote:
I contacted my bank and Mike has yet to repay. He is what you call a fellon. I did get my money back but no thanks to Mike. I got it back through the Visa dept. fraud insurance policy!

You got your money refunded, end of case! Let Mike deal with Visa. Your bank will probably not discuss it with you any further anyway.
Likely he made a blanket payment.

addh79 wrote:
Visa wont loose. That is the reason for higher intrest rates

people pay more interest to Visa because of bad credit, I pay 3%.

addh79 wrote:
Another thing that i question is his drug addiction! Rehap is much more than a month in a half

In America Drug rehab is usually 21 days, my father had to go in for 30 days ordered by the court. Insurance only paid for 21 days.
Mike has not mentioned rehab anyway!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike hasn't mentioned anything.....no reason given.....he just went AWOL and took a lot of folk's money and didn't deliver the goods.
I think we're all deserving of an explanation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
addh79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: BEWARE OF MIKE BASSO thingsunlimited! DONT GET SCAMMED! Reply with quote

Ferretkona wrote:
addh79 wrote:

You got your money refunded, end of case! Let Mike deal with Visa. Your bank will probably not discuss it with you any further anyway.
Likely he made a blanket payment.

addh79 wrote:
Visa wont loose. That is the reason for higher intrest rates

people pay more interest to Visa because of bad credit, I pay 3%.

addh79 wrote:
Another thing that i question is his drug addiction! Rehap is much more than a month in a half

In America Drug rehab is usually 21 days, my father had to go in for 30 days ordered by the court. Insurance only paid for 21 days.
Mike has not mentioned rehab anyway!

you forgot to quote me on...

"Who ever doesnt like my frank remarks and my honest opinion.. B/M!
Send a money order to Mike and buy some parts! Go ahead do it. Send cash why dont you! He's a good guy... HAAAA! Yeah Right!"

That was the part for you to read.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: