Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
katzenjammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Somebody in the SF Bay Area might be interested in these. Four Mercedes wheels (16x7.5 ET23) for $250. They look just like the Gowesty knockoffs, and in the pictures they look pretty clean, but I can't vouch for any of it. No financial interest.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/d/crockett-mercedes-16-8-hole-wheels-set/6803989541.html

Dan
stevw72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Thanks Levi ,I should have put a bit more info I have bored them out to 14mm but was unsure what hardware I would require for fitting them .That also clears up what tyres I require as for snow chains I don't think I need to worry about them I very rarely see snow nowadays apart from on the tops of hills away in the distance Smile
1988M5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: does A stock 14” alloy with a General Grabber AT2 fit as spare? Reply with quote

TIA
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/wto/d/puyallup-lorinser-rs90-16x8-rims/6817216041.html

These would look super bitchin' on a van. The price is silly high because the rims are really rare. Fronts might be kinda tight on a 2WD

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
arvcube
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Finally got tires for my CLKs after years of sitting on them. Thanks to Christopher from T3 Technique for the hardware to get them fitted. 16x7, ET37, 215-55-16 tires, 5mm front spacers, 17mm longer ball studs, 17 ball nuts.
bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

arvcube wrote:
Finally got tires for my CLKs after years of sitting on them. Thanks to Christopher from T3 Technique for the hardware to get them fitted. 16x7, ET37, 215-55-16 tires, 5mm front spacers, 17mm longer ball studs, 17 ball nuts.

Looks great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HOPS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Will these tires fit on a stock 2wd with the stock 14" steel rims?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=...;tab=Sizes
toomanyveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Not much talk on this thread about wheel weight but I took some measurements when I took off my syncro 16" steel wheels and upgraded to CLK forged.

I was luckt to get a 16" spare with my truck and it had a brand new never run Tire mounted in the original 195R16 size that is not available in North America that I can find.

Steel wheel 27.6lbs
Mercedes CLK 14.4lbs

Factory Tire with rim 61.0lbs
CLK with 225/75R16 Goodyear Duratrac 57.2lbs! Almost 4lbs saving is really good!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Found a deal on these wheels but before I pull the trigger I wanted to see if anyone here has any opinions on how they might fit. Thanks in advance! https://www.socalwheels.com/view-product/factory-w..._/_/Silver

Cool
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Snoww_ wrote:
Found a deal on these wheels but before I pull the trigger I wanted to see if anyone here has any opinions on how they might fit. Thanks in advance! https://www.socalwheels.com/view-product/factory-w..._/_/Silver

8)

First post is in the Wheels thread. Hardcore!

Welcome! Change your fuel lines! YMMV.
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Snoww_ wrote:

Cool

I'm going in head first! Let's see where it takes me!

Cool
bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Show us the result!

Snoww_ wrote:
campism wrote:
Snoww_ wrote:

Cool

Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

bajaleo wrote:
Show us the result!

Snoww_ wrote:
campism wrote:
Snoww_ wrote:

Cool

Cool

Oh you know I will!

Cool
Cobra88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

finally fitted my Mercedes rims
7x15 et35 Rial KBA45818 e320 already 14mm holes
215/70R15 Geolandars 2WD lifted
6mm spacer on front 25mm on rear,
sliding door just clears Rolling Eyes

Correct wheel nuts from Brickwerx and +10mm studs on front.

No rubbing on anything and center caps fit even on front
Rick

SteveVanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Porsche cup 1's

Make America Vanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

SteveVanB, you have the best taste in wheels. Can you share how you made this work? Also interested in shock/spring combo.
SteveVanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Make America Vanagon wrote:
SteveVanB, you have the best taste in wheels. Can you share how you made this work? Also interested in shock/spring combo.

Thanks!
The wheel specs escape me at the moment. 17x7 et52 in the front and 17x8.5 et 47 in the rear i think.....? 20mm adapters up front and 25mm adapters in the rear. Ill be getting thinner adapters for the rear as my slider just kisses the face of the wheel. I had already extended the hinge 1" to clear the lobster claws and Im not feeling like doing that job again! The springs are backyard fabbed Cool until i can find some suitable replacements for the rears. And Koni shocks Wink
LoveLearn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Mercedes Mahle 7Jx15H2ET23 wheels on 1983 Diesel Westfalia Reply with quote

Mercedes Mahle 7Jx15H2ET23 wheels on my 1983 Diesel Westfalia.

I asked Christopher Schimke of T3 Technique for help in obtaining replacement wheel studs and lug nuts for these wheels and then purchased them from him. I also asked his opinion, emphasizing cost/benefit ratio, what tires he felt would be good choices for this great-looking wheel set fitted to an original diesel powered Westy. Lots of factors needed to be considered there. He suggested Nokian eNTYRE 205/65R15. I guided my purchase selection based on his suggestion, so the tires visible in the attached photos are those exact Nokian model & size. I've owned my diesel Westy over 25 years yet it still has well under 100K miles.

If you took 100 flower lovers to a field of flowers asking each to select the flower they find most beautiful, you might get as many different favorite selections as the participant number. That's to say, taste varies and no person's favorite carries more truth than others. Yet to my eyes, having seen hundreds of different wheels on Mercedes/Audis & VWs, these are my favorite and it took effort to find this nice set. While they are not a low cost solution, I expect their market value will not decrease and may even increase. The center sections are a sparkly gold which contrasts pleasingly with their aluminum outer area.

bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Mahle 7Jx15H2ET23 wheels on 1983 Diesel Westfalia Reply with quote

Looks great!

LoveLearn wrote:
Mercedes Mahle 7Jx15H2ET23 wheels on my 1983 Diesel Westfalia.

tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Custom 15x10 Mefro steel rims on rear...

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Jump to:
Page 154 of 174

Jump to: