Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deadbeat on Ebay?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Deadbeat on Ebay? Reply with quote

Anyone ever done a transaction via Ebay, and Paypal, and never recieved the part you purchased? The Porsche Fuch wheels I bought back on Sept. 28 have never arrived, and the seller took my money and ran. I have his ph#, but now he no longer answers my calls or returns messages. He also hasn't been able to provide a tracking # even though he claims he sent them out. They were supposed to be drop shipped via UPS to WI, where my friend was gonna pick them up at his buddies shop.
I made a claim with Paypal, and after they did their investigation they found the case in my favour, but only refunded me $200 US minus a $25 processing fee. I paid approx. $840 US for these things, so obviously I'm still choked. I funded it through my bank account and not my CC, so I know that was a big mistake on my part.
The guy is no longer a registered member on Ebay, so that says it all I guess. His user name was MUDFREAKS. Ebay washed their hands of it cause I used Paypal to make the payment. I have tried locating him, but all he gave me was a cell # which he no longer answers cause I'm sure cause he has call display (goes straight to voice mail after ringing for a while)
Any other suggestions?? (besides going to Texas, and kicking his nuts into his throat?)
If anyone wants to try to contact this scum bag, his name is Kevin Morris, and he is from Houston Texas. Ph# is 832 875-xxxx. Or if anyone lives there or knows someone down there that has some "influence", I'm willing to provide a $200 REWARD.

Here is the link to the auction that I won, and never recieved the wheels from.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140032892301&sspagename=ADME:L:AAQ:CA:1
70 911T
91 Westy

Last edited by Trevor P on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
newbugguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Deadbeat on Ebay KEVIN MORRIS Reply with quote

Trevor P wrote:

I made a claim with Paypal, and after they did their investigation they found the case in my favour, but only refunded me $200 US minus a $25 processing fee. I paid approx. $840 US for these things, so obviously I'm still choked.

I've only bought through E-Bay less than 5 times in over 5 years...so I'm pretty uneducated with the whole E-Bay/Paypal thing. Why in the world would Paypal only issue a refund for less than 1/4 of the purchase price if they found in your favor?

Needless to say, sorry to hear about getting the shaft from this guy.

Good luck Wink
abim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: paypal stinks sometimes Reply with quote

paypal got me back 36 bucks out of 525 i sent kevin casto for a set of carbs through their claim process. yeah, it's really sucks. i know they have members credit card and bank info but they probably have no power to take it out of those funds to make right people who get screwed using the service. word of advice on ebay. . .don't buy high ticket items from sellers with no to little feedback. . .it's too risky. sorry your out over 500 bills. . .i feel your pain!!
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Deadbeat on Ebay KEVIN MORRIS Reply with quote

newbugguy wrote:
Why in the world would Paypal only issue a refund for less than 1/4 of the purchase price if they found in your favor?

Because that's all the deadbeat had in his PayPal acct. If there was more, the refund would have been more. Trevor is lucky to get that. Usually scum like this take their money right away.

This is why I always fund my PP acct through my credit card. If PP won't get your money back, you do a chargeback and get it all back. It almost seems like PP wants this type of fraud to go on. Look at the effort Trevor has to go through just to get a real address!

Last edited by Bruce on Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
haasfogle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: houston Reply with quote

pm me a physical address if you have it.
cheers, haas
Outkast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in the rants maybe someone there in texas looking for some weekend work Laughing

57 kombi

" f!@#k"Cancer
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW here is his email addy too.
[email protected]
70 911T
91 Westy
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to one of our great VW friends on the Samba I have been provided with his Myspace page.
I'm 99% sure this is the guy. I know he has one kid, he's not married, and this Kevin Morris has the same email address.. The age also seems to be correct.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=105548774
70 911T
91 Westy
henrym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice website---if you are a complete knucklehead.

That area code is in my backyard---literally. PM me his address and I'll swing by there this weekend and see what is going on. Subhumans like this are most often surprised when the "safety" of hiding on the internet is abruptly shattered by someone banging on your door...
4c-ounce-jamboree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henrym wrote:
PM me his address and I'll swing by there this weekend and see what is going on. Subhumans like this are most often surprised when the "safety" of hiding on the internet is abruptly shattered by someone banging on your door...

be careful of his dogs. one of em has laser eyes...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

... one of the pics from his myspace gallery
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henrym wrote:
Wow, nice website---if you are a complete knucklehead.

That area code is in my backyard---literally. PM me his address and I'll swing by there this weekend and see what is going on. Subhumans like this are most often surprised when the "safety" of hiding on the internet is abruptly shattered by someone banging on your door...

Thanks dude. I'm in the process of trying a reverse lookup on his ph# to get his home address. It didn't work on the site for me, so I will call the company tomorrow to see if they can help.
70 911T
91 Westy
henrym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from this picture, this dude looks like his net worth is less than what I pop on a dinner check. Your money is long gone.

As far as getting his address from the phone, that is easy. Call him from a phone that has ID blocked, tell him you are a delivery driver from _______ and are trying to deliver a package to his house from _______zon gift services. Tell him the label on the shipping slip got shredded in the sorting machine and you can only make out the phone number and part of the address (read of some bogus digits like you are trying to dechipher the address). Ask him to just verify the address and that somebody will be home to sign for the package as the value is over $500.

This works every time. Of course this is probably illegal so please don't do it.....
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do this on eBay:

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?UserInformationRequest#ContactInfo

Did it give you the guy's address? Can't you get the guy's address off PayPal?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller wasn't a registered user with one feedback...............wasn't that enough of a clue for you? Confused
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
Did you do this on eBay:

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?UserInformationRequest#ContactInfo

Did it give you the guy's address? Can't you get the guy's address off PayPal?

All it gave me was his ph# which I already had.
70 911T
91 Westy
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
The seller wasn't a registered user with one feedback...............wasn't that enough of a clue for you? Confused

He was a registered user when I dealt with him. He was obviously banned after my complaint with him, or he closed his account.
Not my finest moment, but this is what you get for putting trust in people these days. Rolling Eyes
70 911T
91 Westy
dews70bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the Attorney Generals Office in Texas I think thats counted as internet fraud. Do google search on Internet Fraud..

http://www.internetfraud.usdoj.gov/#What%20Is%20Internet%20Fraud
wa6usa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me I'd drive to Texas just to see him. This is how I handle scumbags. They may not learn a thing, but they'll never forget you. I would personally make it clear that he has 24 hours to cough up the money or bad things will start happening. Revenge is best served cold, very very cold. I hope you can get some legal help along the way, but it's not 100% necessary. Punks with pit bulls are usually wimps.
I've been ebaying for many years under the same "handle" I use here -wa6usa and I'm very persistent. If they're in the lower 48 and try to burn me, they'll get a knock on the door.
Good luck Trevor P Smile
abim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: paypal info Reply with quote

is it true what "bruce" says that if you fund your paypal with your credit card, you can get your money back if someone scams you like in this case and in mine also? if so, i'll have to change my paypal account around. . .
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. To protect yourself, you should always fund your purchases through your credit card, and never transfer from your bank acct. That way, when you get screwed like in Trevor's case, after PP refuses to refund the entire amount, you simply call up your credit card issuer and initiate a chargeback. PP says you can't do this, but US banking laws say you can. The only downside is that PP will lock your PP acct. Big F'n deal!

When you sell something and accept payment through PP, you should transfer the money to a special "temporary" account at your bank that is set-up to only receive funds from PP. Not your regular account you rely on.

Now for the flip side. Let's say you sell something and for some reason the guy decides to screw you. As soon as the guy pays you, you should transfer the funds to a "temporary" acct at your bank. As soon as the $ arrive, transfer it from that acct to your regular acct. The reason you must do it this way is that when the guy tries to screw you, he will apply for a refund through PP. PP will go to your PP acct and find nothing. They will look at the trail and then attempt to pull money from your bank without your authorization! Think this can't happen? Think again, I asked my bank manager and she confirmed they can do it. Think about it, you want to transfer $ from your bank into your PP. You do it from PP's web site. Your bank doesn't know if it is you initiating the transfer or them. It is just an order to pull $ from your bank. If that acct is always kept empty, they can't get anything. There is one thing PP can't do. They can't ask around at your bank if you have other accts with $ in them.

Trevor, any update? Did you take up henrym's offer to go and get "redneck" on him?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: