Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

my drunk neighbor
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

i'm lucky enough to have some nice buses. i'm also even luckier to have a building to keep them in. it's on a small street in south philly (remember ROCKY?) people down there put old chairs in front of their house to "reserve" "their parking space". the street where my building is is very narrow with no parking allowed anywhere on the street. fortunately, only about half the time, my garage door is blocked. yesterday i wanted to take my singlecab out and lo' and behold....my door is blocked. i asked if anyone knew who's SUV was blocking my door and the neighbor said "oh it's that house, i'll knock for you" cool, because if you've lived there less than 25 years, you're a newcomer and anything you say could be interpreted as an insult against one's family. the neighbor (out of jail about 6 months, in his fifties living with his mother) comes stumbling out. very nicely i asked him to move his car and not block my door. fine, i go out for a ride, come back a few hours laters and he's there again. it's about noon now. obviously he pulled right back in front of my door after i left. so i go knocking on his door again. both he and his mommy come out SCREAMING "whhhhaaaaaattttttt?" "whythefuck you bangin' on my ggaaahhhdddammmm doooorr?" again i'm pleasant and ask him to move and start walking towards my truck. now he's following me waiving his arms continuing his complaints about "banging on my fucking door" i looked at him and thought "i know he's on probation still". despite wanting to club his drunk ass like a baby seal i simply asked "could we not talk about this anymore?" reason i say all this? i'm about to go down there and take my truck out. wish me luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Good Luck, Sounds Like You Might Need It!!!
Corey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

no you dont need luck, you need a gun. just dont buy it here, we dont wanna be implicated. Very Happy
I'm kidding about the gun, but you shouldnt be afraid to live in your own neighborhood, no matter how rough it is. My hood is crazy but nothing can come through my door that's meaner than me.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

sounds like you need to put an old chair out there to protect your garage door.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

the chair is a great idea, but they would think i reserved the spot for them. one part of the story i forgot was this waste product was trying to get his head thru the half opened safari so he could yell at me better. too bad i haven't gotten into a fight since 6th grade. i just can't see damaging a set perfectly good knuckles that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

call his P.O. tell him he's been yelling profanities
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Gibbs,
I was just kidding around.
You are in one tough situation, I would stay away from this dude as much as possible. Its real easy for someone to say "stand up to this guy" or "call his P.O", but in reality, he is the one who was stupid and out of control enough to end up in prison, and you're the one living next door to him. Not fun at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

there is just no reasoning with these morons. and they have it tough. rule #1. never get into it with someone who has nothing to lose. it's why i walked away. i don't live there. i never would. the jailbird's son lives there too as does granny's sister (three generations under one roof) i was wrenching on my bus one day and the kid blurts out some profanity. it surprised me and i turned around. he says, "whaddayou lookin' at faggot" i just turned back around and kept doing what i was doing. he has no idea what life has in store for him. i'm not afraid, i just know better.
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Hey be very carefull or your stash might go up in flames or he will get one of his prison bird girlfriends to rip you off or worse, it happened to me, the guy is back out of prison and yes I watch him very carefully and I even set boobie traps if he can get past the motion sensors, it seems like they like the prison love cause they find there way back throughout their life, good luck I know what your going through I live this problem daily.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

And they wonder why businesses are bailing out of Philly in droves....
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Moral of the story: get out of Phithadelphia!
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Philthadelphia, that is...
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

philthy is not a bad town, not at all. it's been good to me and there is an intl airport a $20 taxi ride and 20 minutes from my house. i can be in nyc in an hour and a half. tons of VW shows all summer. got lots of cool, successful friends. most could care less about cars but wtf, that's why were here.
tbirddmnd
Samba Member

Location: Westland, Michigan...but I'm from Jersey City, New Jersey!! I lived in Old Bridge/South Amboy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

And Philly has Sid Mark and his Sinatra shows on the Big Talker WPHT 1210 AM!!!
Friday with Frank! Saturday with Sinatra! Sunday with Sinatra!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Philly has seen its share of hard times. It's actually a nice place. I just hope it can come back. I have relatives in North Philly and they have lived in some frightening areas. The city deserves better.
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Tearing down Veteran's Stadium is a start...
jfpvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

if that guy keeps parking in front of your driveway, you could just call the police and have them write a parking ticket, and/or call a tow truck.
lenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

gibbs i grew up in south philly,lem me tell ya, theres a lot of morons there,but on the other hand a lot of my best friends are still there. they still use the old lawn chair routine? i remember comin home from the hot club on south street in the day and finding crushed aluminum chairs under my dub. ah,so glad to be in san francisco. lenny 61 crew cab
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

lenny, that rules. i ate at shanks today. nine years today since shank died, NINE YEARS!
chrome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

why dont you get some ole beater bug or bus that you can park in front of your garage, this way you dont have deal with the morons any more, doesnt sound like there is any worry of things getting towed.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: