Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

my drunk neighbor
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

I like that idea ALOT! Sounds like a good solution to me. And Gibbs, you get to go buy another bus!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type877
Samba Haiku Masta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

make sure the bus is a double barndoor! Very Happy LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Tell the person you lease the garage fromyour dilemma and get him in contact with a tow company specializing in private property towing. They will give you stickers to place on illegally parked cars. Once you give fair warning via sticker, the vehicle can be towed from the propery owners land free of charge by the tow company. Then they have to deal with asshole getting his car back. While amassing a tidy profit I'm sure. Since the property owner already leases to said looser family, It shouldn't be any skin off of his nose to keep a paying tenant, yourself, happy. Good luck!

My brother owns a towing company that specializes in this!
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

i own the building.
never mess iwth anyone who has less to lose than you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

LOL! Good advice
michanthy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

We don't live in this country to live in fear of our own people. What you need to do is go to the police, and make a report of harrassment. The asshole wont know about it, and you will have it on record that there was a problem. Tell the police that you don't want them to go over the house because of possable reprecutions. Then you go across the street and see if there is anyway to get to the point of letting him know that there was never anything personal about the cituation, and you just wanted you parking, say it very nicely. This gives the macho bastard a way out without having to prove his manhood. What ever you do, don't get into a argument about the subject. If it seem to go bad again, just walk away. Then go to the court house and get a restraining order against him and anyone else in the home that you feel may be harrassing you. At this point he will have to decide if he wants to go back to jail. And it will be a lot easyer to do with a restraining order.

You should also see about hiring a body guard, for a small price you can find one in the paper. The next time you have a problem with the guy you can send the guard over and then he will know that you are not alone.

Another idea. Have a VW party. List it on The Samba, and we can all come over and block the entire street with our cars. I will park right in front of his house and blast my stereo. Then he will know that you are realy not alone.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Restraining orders only work with those who haven't completely lost thier sanity. By your description of the guy he may very well be an alcoholic, and drinking yourself to death is not my description of being sane. Be careful!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

shit, I feel bad for you man. in my neighborhood in boise, idaho, there are no parking problems. I live on a corner lot with about 20 parking spaces that only I park in. once last year, I had about 9 vws parked beside my house. the biker neighbor from across the street came over and mentioned that I had a lot of cars. just as I started to make some weak excuses, he said that I could park a couple next to his place if need be.
turbo_g
Father of Samba Cookie Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

lind, you suck! LOL. I live in one of those damned "planned neighborhoods" here in So Cal (San Diego to be exact), we can't even park on the street, all our sidewalks are painted red. Bastards. Ever since my Kombi is back on the road, my water pumper has been "illegally" parked in the "guest" parking. All this sh!t makes me feel like I live in an apartment, not own my house (to the tune of $450G). So Cal has pros and cons, not being able to park multiple cars in my neighborhood is definatley a con (although my neighbors probably think its a pro, uptight a$$holes).

Turbo_g
66 Custom Kombi
fknbrkn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

i gotta have at least an acre. i hate neighborhoods.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

There are some neighborhoods like that over here. Yeah, they are nice quiet places to live but some of them are run like a dictatorship. I remember a case in court where the owners association prohibited residents from distributing flyers for a political candidate that the association did not endorse, but it freely promoted its own favored candidate. The association argued that it was a private community but I think they lost because they could not invent rules that deprived the residents of their constitutional rights. Unfortunately, on-street parking isn't one of those rights.
Deaffy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

A buddy of mine is a contractor in Woodland Hills, CA. Lives with his physician wifey in a really pricey "residential prison".

He drives a 2003 humongous American dually truck. The kind you see contractors driving all the time. And it's not some beat up, paint dripping, oil burning, dented POS - it's a regularly detailed new truck with no logos, rack, or other items, just a bed tool box.

The "association" won't allow him to keep it parked outside on his driveway, and he can't park it inside the garage because it won't fit. So essentialy to maintain their idea of some aesthetic appeal, he has to drive to a storage lot in a non-VW car to pick up his truck each morning.

What a crock.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

i would love to have a VW party at my shop. not out of any type of retaliation, just to have one. that would rule. it's been over a month now and no further troubles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

Dude, I am so THERE!
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

we could get some killer sandwiches from chickies. maybe the fall BONE event could be there. season finale!
lenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

i'd fly in for that one gibbs! ah,back to the old neighborhood!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: my drunk neighbor Reply with quote

i'll save a spot for you with a lawnchair. right in front!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: