Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A true story
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

Sometimes things just pay off. About 3 months ago, I posted an ad on the samba looking for a middle seat. Of course I got a few 500 plus dollar seat offers. But then after about 2 weeks and giving up hope, I got a phone call from a guy in KY. He said he had a middle seat. So asked him a few questions to confirm it was correct 67 only full length middle seat. It was! Ok so now I was like how much. He was like 150 dollars (in a tone like it might be too high!) Only catch is he didn't want to ship. No prob, 9 hour drive won't kill me too bad. When I got there, he took me out to a barn. This barn was packed full of split window seats! I'm talking to damn full that I couldn't walk around, some almost piled to the ceiling! Ended up giving me some rear and front seats that I didn't really need, and I bought another middle seat that was so damn perfect, I couldn't let it just sit out in that barn.
True story, wouldn't be suprised if those seats are all still sittin there, at least the ones i didn't buy. Now don't email me asking me what seats were there, because I only seen around 10% of the seats there! There were just so many, I grabed as many as my little truck would hold, and made a run.
turbo_g
Father of Samba Cookie Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

So turn everybody on to the guys info. I have all the seats for my bus, but many do not and could use the resource.

Thats cool that you found this treasure trove, but SHARE THE WEALTH!

Turbo_g
66 Kombi
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

john, my girlfriend says it's over between you two unless you show her where the seats are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

sure early man you made me!!!
first of all, here is one of the pics. as you can see seats piled up everywhere sorry for the long link

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/peaceguy72529/vwp?.dir=...%26.view=t

here is the phone number also, tell him john from arkansas told you about the place, his name is ron 859 576 6753 he is from lexington KY, and i really doubt he will ship the stuff, so your gonna need to hit him up sometime. he has a barn full of seats man!
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

and early man, tell your girlfriend she needs to be callin me soon. tell her my bus is gonna grow up and be like yours!
peace
John
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

john, shouldn't you be partying on spring break?
my girlfriend is trying to decide where to live after college. arkadelphia or philadelphia. any advice?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

hehe funny stuff man. no my spring break hasn't started, we will be in south padre TX all next week. Gonna trailer my bus down there. And yeah, i got a decent sized bed for your girlfriend to sleep on. Tell her rent varies, depending on her motivation to live here.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

Gibbs, can you say ROADTRIP???!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

jpickens, yes i can. i believe brother baker is on spring break now. we should wait til the other brothers come back so they can throw us a proper welcoming party at brother bakers frat house. i've already spoken to brother baker explaining what my expectations are for "accomodations".
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

hey guys, you are welcome here any time, and what i say about your girlfriend is just playin by the way, i got a girlfriend. She has already deleted that pic of your girlfriend by the bus on my background. Jealous i guess. But we got a party pad here, a keg-or-rator that is always stocked, got a gameroom,an extremely attractive roommate who routinely serves us beer topless, havin a wild party this weekend to kick off spring break, if you guys are ever through this way, your welcome here. We got tons of room at our house.
peace
John
a.k.a. B
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

that might be fun. brother pickens, do you remember college?

i sure dont.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

john, i'll need to see photos of the roommate/bartendress before brother pickens and i make the trip from philadelphia to arkadelphia.
[email protected]
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

sure thing, i'll get it
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

eggzellent!!
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

Philadelphia to Arkadelphia and Back Again!
Sounds like a classic saga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

i can hear the sound track playing in my head already.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

We always have parties here in SOuthern Cali It would be a lot of fun to roll to a few parties in Newport Beach with a bunch of heads all in VW's. iF ANYONE IS INTERESTED JUST EMAIL ME.
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

jb_bak, looks like you had fun at your junior prom!!!! hahaha
lc
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

that chick looked hot. do you still keep in touch with her brother baker?
John_In_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: A true story Reply with quote

yes at times...usually late at night when i'm alone, hey early man, i might be flying up in the northeast when i get back from spring break, i gonna have to stop in and take a look at your bus if you allow that sorta stuff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: