Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Damn...Put these things on straight!!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
58doubledoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's it look at this angle?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58doubledoor wrote:

lol

I personally dont mind the train-look.
Joe, that 80'ies truck of yours kicks ass.
Sunroofgod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Still looks crooked...Just F/ing with you...Nice come back

Believe me, I love the look as I am a big fan of the Hurst bumpers no matter who made them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davebuckholts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

58doubledoor wrote:

Shit, I'm looking at the bumper, thinking "Yeah, it's tilted a little"
Then spit coffee when I see Joe flipping a bird!
I kind of like it tilted back some myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doveblue3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

58doubledoor wrote:

nice work Joe!
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using the lower support bars on my frt and they are where i felt they looked the best on my ORIGINAL .i dont give a shit what any one thinks about how i did what i did.i also think for a guy that is repoping copies you should be a little more tolerant of what someone else is doing especially since you are way late to the game with copies and also from what i heard from some reliable sources yours fit like shit too. :2gunfire:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sunroofgod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said before, they are not perfect and do need a little help to get them to fit. Your reliable source is probably someone that has only installed one set in their life, so they don't sound to reliable or knowledable about Hurst bumpers to me. I have fitted many sets of repop and fitted both early and late originals and the more you do the easier it gets, just like most things. I installed a set last night on a late model and it took 1 1/2 hours alone. As Greg stated, most buses have had their body tweeked or have been hit in the rear bumper before to tweek just enough to get them to be a difficult fit. You could also have a problem if you do not put the rear brackets to the body on the correct sides with the long brackets that bolt to the rear bumper, longer to the inside.
BryanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volkscafe wrote:
As I have said before, they are not perfect and do need a little help to get them to fit. Your reliable source is probably someone that has only installed one set in their life, so they don't sound to reliable or knowledable about Hurst bumpers to me. I have fitted many sets of repop and fitted both early and late originals and the more you do the easier it gets, just like most things. I installed a set last night on a late model and it took 1 1/2 hours alone. As Greg stated, most buses have had their body tweeked or have been hit in the rear bumper before to tweek just enough to get them to be a difficult fit. You could also have a problem if you do not put the rear brackets to the body on the correct sides with the long brackets that bolt to the rear bumper, longer to the inside.

There you go sounding high and mighty again. I am glad you are making these , some one needed to, and I am glad you will stand behind your product, but you sound a bit pompus when you keep coming back to how other are inexperianced or cant make bends right and you are the pro. That would be like Brasilian rockers complaing that Danish rockers dont have the correct curve.The fact is that you started a thread blasting other hursts and the way they were installed, even though one of them was OG.
I would never had said anything about my experiance with the install of one of your bumpers if you hadnt piped up as if others hursts were somehow inferior. Now, I am not gonna post a pic as it is not my bus and I didnt spend the cash, but I will bitch because it took more than tweeking, the bends apparently are not correct and you shouldnt be on here putting down other repros when the same thing can be said for yours.

That beings said. I do understand that reproduction parts usually require some "fitting" to get them installed. After we were done with the install and if you ignored the flaws they do look nice on the vehicle.

Quote:
You could also have a problem if you do not put the rear brackets to the body on the correct sides with the long brackets that bolt to the rear bumper, longer to the inside

you could include this bit of wisdom in a directions sheet for future customers.

Motorwagen LLC
Concord NC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sunroofgod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That beings said. I do understand that reproduction parts usually require some "fitting" to get them installed. After we were done with the install and if you ignored the flaws they do look nice on the vehicle.

Quote:
You could also have a problem if you do not put the rear brackets to the body on the correct sides with the long brackets that bolt to the rear bumper, longer to the inside

you could include this bit of wisdom in a directions sheet for future customers.

I appreciate the compliment on the final outcome on the rear set. I apologize for offending anyone with this thread as it wasn't my intention but now looking back I see how it could have come across. The originals that I used to create the bends are a clean set and appear to never have been in any serious accident, but looking at the final product it is apparent that they were not perfect and do not mirror image each other. I have a limited number that were made and DO NOT plan on producing them again as it was a difficult process and more of a hastle than it has been worth. Sorry about not including instructions for install but I wanted to stay away from the mass produced EMPI feel, and really felt that the rear bracket side was the only major hurdle that could be overcomed by viewing a set in the gallery images. If I ever plan on producing something in the future I will try and make up an instruction plan.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A set can be sent to me for my opinion and fitting. PM for details!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

there is no way i am gonna help you install those. putting the repro ones on the PBR panel was such a pain in the ass that i do not wish that kind of torture on anyone.
however, i will come up to your house and watch (and laugh) as you try. Laughing
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
crofty wrote:

there is no way i am gonna help you install those. putting the repro ones on the PBR panel was such a pain in the ass that i do not wish that kind of torture on anyone.
however, i will come up to your house and watch (and laugh) as you try. Laughing

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, and I still need a rear one.... Sad

Crofty when your fed up with trying to fit it, send it my way so I can have a go at it! Laughing

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god...is it only me?

Straight or crooked, after all these years I still think they are ugly.. Laughing
Samba Member #95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...its only you.
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorwyatt wrote:
yep...its only you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Samba Member #95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KombiMonster wrote:
Damn, and I still need a rear one.... Sad

Crofty when your fed up with trying to fit it, send it my way so I can have a go at it! Laughing

Dont buy a set.

Quote:
Mr. Hido: To post your bare ass to virtually all hardened bus enthusiasts casts thick, a slag not easily ground smooth.
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BryanM wrote:
volkscafe wrote:

There you go sounding high and mighty again. I am glad you are making these , some one needed to, and I am glad you will stand behind your product, but you sound a bit pompus when you keep coming back to how other are inexperianced or cant make bends right and you are the pro.
That would be like Brasilian rockers complaing that Danish rockers dont have the correct curve.The fact is that you started a thread blasting other hursts and the way they were installed, even though one of them was OG.
I would never had said anything about my experiance with the install of one of your bumpers if you hadnt piped up as if others hursts were somehow inferior. Now, I am not gonna post a pic as it is not my bus and I didnt spend the cash, but I will bitch because it took more than tweeking, the bends apparently are not correct and you shouldnt be on here putting down other repros when the same thing can be said for yours.

Quote:

How does the front fit? Wink
BryanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremyrockjock wrote:
BryanM wrote:
volkscafe wrote:

There you go sounding high and mighty again. I am glad you are making these , some one needed to, and I am glad you will stand behind your product, but you sound a bit pompus when you keep coming back to how other are inexperianced or cant make bends right and you are the pro.
That would be like Brasilian rockers complaing that Danish rockers dont have the correct curve.The fact is that you started a thread blasting other hursts and the way they were installed, even though one of them was OG.

Quote:

How does the front fit? Wink

Front looks good as it gets, nice sturdy product that looks to be correct as far as I know, plus dealer intsalled, hard to beat that!

Motorwagen LLC
Concord NC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not exact. My die has a smaller radius than the originals. I wasn't really going for exact copies. Just nice looking and functional lookalikes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: