Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

interesting story
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: interesting story Reply with quote

I heard a story about an older van that was a show winner thats was bieng drivin to a vw show rolled over after bein hit or something like that and they just put it back up and cept on drivin to the show. would you keep on driven or would you focus more on your van??? i would keep on drivin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard
Nigerian Scammer Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: interesting story Reply with quote

I would do the show, cause the swap meet would come in reall handy if i had just rolled my bus...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: interesting story Reply with quote

If I rolled it, I'd put it back up and keep going. If somebody hit me, and it rolled, then that's a different story.

Andrew
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: interesting story Reply with quote

Sounds like one of two stories I've heard about. A guy named Johnny Salazar of VTO (or formerly of VTO???) has a 1952 Standard Microbus and was sideswiped in it on his way to Kelley Park if I recall correctly. The Bus rolled on it's side, they flipped it back on it's wheels and drove the rest of the way to the show! There was another guy that had a show condition 1960 23 that was towing a one wheeled trailor and it all flipped on the freeway. That Bus was a total loss I think. Either way, both super sad stories...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: interesting story Reply with quote

The guy with the '60 23-window was towing a Puck AND a single wheel trailer.

Bus--Puck--Single Wheel

That's asking for trouble....

His friend wrecked it while trying to drive it down to meet the owner at the Classic. Sorry, you are not my friend anymore!

The guy was parting it out in the Classifieds a while back and told me the whole story. I think there are some pics in the Gallery but I couldn't find them right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: