Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

944 front discs and fuchs
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: 944 front discs and fuchs Reply with quote

Anyone running 944 front disc brakes and Fuch alloys on their bus? Do the spindles interfere with the center caps on the wheels? If so, are there any fixes? Please post pictures if you can.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
happyhippo
Segapone Wanna-B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,
I'm running 944s all the way around and 15" fuchs. No problems so far.

Check out this thread for pics:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181068&highlight=

Look, I'll do whatever you want...Just get that death-weiner away from me! -- Principal Skinner

Never let a stripper clog dance near your dangle. -- Bob Oblong
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shawn63deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 944 set up did cause the spindle interfere with the fitting of the centre cap, basically it was a couple of threads too long but I just neatly hacksawed off the last couple of threads to sort it Wink

Oh, i've got 6x16 fuch's in case that matters!

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6907
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: 14's Reply with quote

FYI
On a split bus, 14x5.5 fuchs will clear 944 discs conversions in the front, but if you have 944 rear discs, then you will need 1/4" spacers in the rear or the face of the caliper will hit the inner face of the rim/hoop.
mixedup59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 14x5.5's and 944 brakes all the way around and no spacers on my 23. I used Nate's (wagenswest) modified springplates and a bug tranny. The rear calipers had to be shaved down just a tad to clear. Besides that, it's sweet!
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: 944 IRS Reply with quote

I'm running an IRS set up with 944 rear trailing arms. Too much grinding needed to clear. Spacers are the nest best option aside from shimming the calipers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: