Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pictures of Bays in Snow
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Here's a photo of Tub Bus a few weeks ago. We got about 8-10 inches of snow in DC, which is a lot. Bus looked good in the snow.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

this pic was posted in readers rides vintage..
but a google reverse search says it's from the Denver Blizzard Christmas 1982
http://blogs.denverpost.com/library/2012/12/18/blizzard-christmas-1982-buried-denver/5157/

Quote:
Here’s a great one from reader Ronn Irving, who lived through it:

“Days before the storm hit, the statements went out warning of a potential snow storm. I went in to work at the National Weather Service office at Stapleton Airport early Christmas Eve. Snow began to fall around 6:15 that morning and steadily increased along with the wind. By noon the staff at NWS hunkered down. We knew we were in for the long haul. The winds increased, and for hours it was snowing horizontally, as drifts piled up across the Denver metro. Hourly observations and measurements were taken from the rooftop observation deck, at least until the drifts blocked the doors. The Weather Service team worked tirelessly, filing reports, issuing warnings and advisories and answering phone calls from the public and the media. ‘Stay inside. Do not venture outside. Stay safe until the storm passes.’

The winds howled.

Snow piled up.

For 30+ hours.

Christmas morning, the storm moved east. The winds died down and the sun peeked through the clouds. The view from the roof was amazing. Absolute silence. Snow blanketed as far as you could see. Nothing was moving. Drifts of 10 to 15 feet were everywhere. It gave new meaning to “not a creature was stirring.”

And reports from surrounding towns – Fort Collins, Castle Rock, Winter Green and Limon – showed only a few inches. The Christmas ’82 storm had bulls-eyed Denver with massive snowfall amounts of 3 feet and more. It was an amazing display of the power of nature!”

–Ronn Irving

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

I lived through that storm! I was over by 10th and Sheridan and remember walking ( slowly ) down 10th, crossing Sheridan and not one vehicle was moving. Cars and trucks just all over the street where they had been stuck and abandoned. It was surreal. Our 64 Beetle was not to be seen as it was completely under a drift that had formed by the carport. Oddly the Burger King at JCRS WAS open that day....
Liveonjg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Just a bit of snow in Eugene today.

77 FI 2L Westfalia - Ripple
77 FI 2L Westfalia - Althea
62 Dual Carb Single Cab - Lou
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Not a lot of snow but it's in the snow
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

My single cab is completely buried under a drift right now. We have had 20-30 MPH winds off and on for several weeks, along with some heavy snow bumps. A crazy winter so far. I will try to get some photos tomorrow as the winds should have subsided by then. Got some tractor work to do, too.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
My single cab is completely buried under a drift right now. We have had 20-30 MPH winds off and on for several weeks, along with some heavy snow bumps. A crazy winter so far. I will try to get some photos tomorrow as the winds should have subsided by then. Got some tractor work to do, too.

Sounds like I chose the perfect time to bail out of the PNW. Laughing I'm looking at my jackets this morning realizing I don't have may light ones that I won't get all sweaty in. Rolling Eyes Razz

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Sounds like I chose the perfect time to bail out of the PNW. Laughing I'm looking at my jackets this morning realizing I don't have may light ones that I won't get all sweaty in. Rolling Eyes Razz

If you don't like winter, this was a good winter to be elsewhere. I like it. Plowing snow and splitting firewood is cathartic for me, as is snowshoeing in the woods.

One plus side this nasty winter is that maybe, just maybe it will weed out some of the whiny weaklings that moved here from out of state over the last several years. They like to bitch about how much is wrong here and how much better things are where they moved from.

That is not a dig at you Notchboy. Just an overall observation.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

If you don't like winter, this was a good winter to be elsewhere. I like it. Plowing snow and splitting firewood is cathartic for me, as is snowshoeing in the woods.

One plus side this nasty winter is that maybe, just maybe it will weed out some of the whiny weaklings that moved here from out of state over the last several years. They like to bitch about how much is wrong here and how much better things are where they moved from.

That is not a dig at you Notchboy. Just an overall observation.

People do that about everywhere. Laughing I love the PNW, just like the sun and warmth more at the moment. Oh and there is the whole moved for my honey part Wink Laughing Love that gal!

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
mtcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

It is crazy there! I drove through Sand point to CDA on the 14th because lookout was closed and couldn't believe how much snow you guys have. The roads were horrible once we got to Hope and got worse in and after Sand point. Straight up blizzard conditions. Basically driving by rumble strip. I don't know how you do it. We get snow here but nothing like that.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

mtcamper wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

It is crazy there! I drove through Sand point to CDA on the 14th because lookout was closed and couldn't believe how much snow you guys have. The roads were horrible once we got to Hope and got worse in and after Sand point. Straight up blizzard conditions. Basically driving by rumble strip. I don't know how you do it. We get snow here but nothing like that.

This type of winter happens about every 8-10 years. Most of the time we get good snow, but we also have thaw out time. Average daily temp right now is in the 40's, but we have not been above freezing for many weeks now. Supposed to get to single digit lows this weekend. Woodpile is shrinking fast!

I did some snow moving with the tractor today. The drifts behind the single cab are so hard packed I can barely dig through them. Snowblower wouldn't even come close to cutting in. Really bad (flat) light today, but supposed to get sunny soon. I will get some good pics before I keep digging.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Barely got a window of sunshine for some pics today. I will post whatever turned out.

Thought this was interesting. Central ID has been getting hammered with snow. Lewiston, ID had the single largest snowfall for February, in over 100 years of records.

https://www.khq.com/news/soldier-mountain-ski-area...tqvSCrLpvo
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Today.

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Today.

You're missing something in this pic, Rich.
Where's the Bay?!? Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
richparker wrote:
Today.

You're missing something in this pic, Rich.
Where's the Bay?!? Laughing

Game over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

That picture is staged. It's just a cut out rear roof of a bay so it looks like they have 8ft of snow. His actual bus is in the garage out of the weather. lol

*I have no proof or reason the believe this. It is written dripping with sarcasm.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

2nd day of spring up here in NH 2019. Oh joy.

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

spring on the 'Polar Equator" Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Today.

That’s going to be tough to beat
Very Happy Very Happy

Dan in Syracuse probably can if he goes up North one hour.

It’s incredible in upstate NY how quickly you go from snow country , measured in meters, to a few cm only
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Jump to:
Page 65 of 72

Jump to: