Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pictures of Bays in Snow
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Bus looks good, Jeff!

Tell us about that front air dam.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Jeff Geisen
Samba Chaplain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

It’s from a 2011 Chevy half ton pick up. Just some 90 degree galvanized brackets on the bottom of the bumper. No mods to the dam.

I’m sportin’ a pair of fresh Peryl inspired rear mud/ice flaps as well.

‘63 ragtop - ‘68 single cab
UberVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bsairhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

UberVan wrote:
How much snow does Melbourne typically see?
DocNexil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Already on the second snow of the season Rolling Eyes

rusty ducktape
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Just got this bus home then immediately snowed last night but here’s a pic
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

First snow that stick in Houghton

“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DocNexil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
First snow that stick in Houghton

How's the heater Very Happy
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

DocNexil wrote:
The gas heater didn’t fit with the carbs and the stock heater keeps the windshield defogged but that’s about it Laughing not very warm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DocNexil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
The gas heater didn’t fit with the carbs and the stock heater keeps the windshield defogged but that’s about it Laughing not very warm.

It's always this time of year I envy my dad with his chinese diesel heated bus. I think someday that will be the way to go for me.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

DocNexil wrote:
Ceckert64 wrote:

It's always this time of year I envy my dad with his chinese diesel heated bus. I think someday that will be the way to go for me.

I think I am going to put some sort of heater in mine. This Thursday I’m making the 450 mile trip back home from college in the bus and it’s going to be around 30F the whole way. Should be fun Laughing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
DocNexil wrote:
Ceckert64 wrote:

I think I am going to put some sort of heater in mine. This Thursday I’m making the 450 mile trip back home from college in the bus and it’s going to be around 30F the whole way. Should be fun Laughing

Hang a curtain behind the front seats. It really makes a difference with the stock heat setup in a bus
DocNexil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:

I like to drape a blanket on my legs for longer cold trips like that.
cdennisg wrote:
Hang a curtain behind the front seats. It really makes a difference with the stock heat setup in a bus

I'll have to try that sometime! I wonder how hard it would be to mock up a curtain with a "window" using some see-though material for view out back.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

DocNexil wrote:
Ceckert64 wrote:

I like to drape a blanket on my legs for longer cold trips like that.
cdennisg wrote:

I'll have to try that sometime! I wonder how hard it would be to mock up a curtain with a "window" using some see-though material for view out back.

visqueen

VeeDubn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

I'll have to try that sometime! I wonder how hard it would be to mock up a curtain with a "window" using some see-though material for view out back.[/quote]
Hang an adjustable curtain rod at the ceiling from the driver to the passenger side, with a clear shower curtain or shower curtain liner. Cut it down to size if it is too long.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
DocNexil wrote:

Shit…my OG heat exchangers keep my bus and my beetle toasty in the winter. You boys need to check your game.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Rich, I guess I’ll have to check my heater then, I thought I had it decently sealed but maybe not. Also my door seals are bad, one is missing parts as my new ones didn’t fit right and so there are parts with no seal at the bottom edge. The heat in my beetle has always been terrible and no defrost. The Squareback gets toasty after a long enough drive. On the way back I’ll be going 65 so it probably should heat up better than around town going 30. It does get a bit warm but not super warm.

cdennisq and VeeDubn, I had been thinking about a sheet or something for a divider, maybe I’ll find some cardboard to make a divider with. Make the drive back more enjoyable
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
Rich, I guess I’ll have to check my heater then, I thought I had it decently sealed but maybe not. Also my door seals are bad, one is missing parts as my new ones didn’t fit right and so there are parts with no seal at the bottom edge. The heat in my beetle has always been terrible and no defrost. The Squareback gets toasty after a long enough drive. On the way back I’ll be going 65 so it probably should heat up better than around town going 30. It does get a bit warm but not super warm.

cdennisq and VeeDubn, I had been thinking about a sheet or something for a divider, maybe I’ll find some cardboard to make a divider with. Make the drive back more enjoyable

Clear shower curtain might be a good option!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Ceckert64 wrote:
DocNexil wrote:

Shit…my OG heat exchangers keep my bus and my beetle toasty in the winter. You boys need to check your game.

Towed my Sears Allstate trailer to the Trooper Barracks this morning to get it inspected so I can apply for a title. Knowing it was going to be 20° this morning, last night I plugged in my Kats VW-15 oil heater. The bus fired right up and I had incredible heat with in 3 miles.

There is snow on the ground. 😂

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
bvolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Bays in Snow Reply with quote

We got our first snow today.

1995 Golf CL
1974 Beetle
1978 Westfalia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Jump to:
Page 69 of 72

Jump to: