Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Robert - antiquevw - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugzey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Robert - antiquevw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Smile
.......(........)
.....(o\_!_/o)

Last edited by bugzey on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Wharton has been a fixture in the VW community for 25+ years. Buy with confidence!
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had several smooth transactions with Robert as well.
All items were as desribed and shipped in a timely manner.
Buy with confidence!!

Thank you Robert for all your help.
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a nos 55 taillight housing off of hime and it was as described and shipped quick.
would defiantly deal with again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
philoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I do not share the generalized enthusiasm about this seller. Confused

I bought him two Karmann Ghia moldings february 25th.
As I stay in France and the parts were NOS, I asked EMS shipping that offers 3-5 days delivery and TRACKING (I know that delay cannot be guaranteed).

I was charged $36.90 for EMS shipping by Robert (it is the cost for a 4 pounds EMS package to France). Robert also charged me 6% for Paypal fee and other $3 for 'protective tube'.... I never discussed the prices. Robert was paid February 25th with Paypal

The package was supposed shipped March 2th by Robert that told me "Shipped Air Parcel".... not EMS but basic shipment, not 3-5 days but 4-10 days, no tracking....

Robert did not ask me for changing the shipping method, Robert did not have a word of excuse on the subject, Robert did not offer me the refund for the difference between Air Parcel and EMS (around $10) ...

13 days after, I have not received the moldings, I have no tracking that could say where is the package and Robert did not answer the two emails I sent him (March 6th and March 14th) to get explanations to this situation.

During this, I bought a Ghia door handle to an other Samba guy. Shipped Air Parcel March 7th, arrived home March 13th (4-10 days, exact)

If I receive the moldings I paid for someday, I will update this post
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antiquevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Sorry for the unpleasant experience. Reply with quote

Shipping is a best guess, especially international from Paola, Kansas. Depending on who is working that day at the USPS can change the shipping price dramatically. I needed to drive into the "city" to get a special mailing tube, which delayed shipping. The USPS said that the custom number can be used for tracking.

philoo wrote:
Confused I do not share the generalized enthusiasm about this seller. Confused

I bought him two Karmann Ghia moldings february 25th.
As I stay in France and the parts were NOS, I asked EMS shipping that offers 3-5 days delivery and TRACKING (I know that delay cannot be guaranteed).

I was charged $36.90 for EMS shipping by Robert (it is the cost for a 4 pounds EMS package to France). Robert also charged me 6% for Paypal fee and other $3 for 'protective tube'.... I never discussed the prices. Robert was paid February 25th with Paypal

The package was supposed shipped March 2th by Robert that told me "Shipped Air Parcel".... not EMS but basic shipment, not 3-5 days but 4-10 days, no tracking....

Robert did not ask me for changing the shipping method, Robert did not have a word of excuse on the subject, Robert did not offer me the refund for the difference between Air Parcel and EMS (around $10) ...

13 days after, I have not received the moldings, I have no tracking that could say where is the package and Robert did not answer the two emails I sent him (March 6th and March 14th) to get explanations to this situation.

During this, I bought a Ghia door handle to an other Samba guy. Shipped Air Parcel March 7th, arrived home March 13th (4-10 days, exact)

If I receive the moldings I paid for someday, I will update this post
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customs numbers CAN NOT be used for tracking...

Anywhere..ever....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
philoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry for the unpleasant experience. Reply with quote

antiquevw wrote:
Shipping is a best guess, especially international from Paola, Kansas. Depending on who is working that day at the USPS can change the shipping price dramatically. I needed to drive into the "city" to get a special mailing tube, which delayed shipping. The USPS said that the custom number can be used for tracking.

Are you a child ? You stay in USA, not in Africa. I buy/sell with USA since 1999. You are the FIRST person who tell "Depending on who is working that day at the USPS can change the shipping price dramatically". There are public tables that gives destination / service / weight / cost. Tracking is not offered with Air Parcel, everybody can read this at www.usps.com

Here is the "customs receipt" number you gave me to track the package : CP75 1489 176U S. Can somebody track something with this ? Here is a EMS tracking number that Steve at Serrano gave me some weeks ago when I bought him an electrical wire ED98 7644 814U S. This is a tracking service ...

I am still waiting your email with these explanations, I sent you email March 6th and March 14th. It is not very fair that I have to post on this feedback forum to read something from you.

The facts are that you charged me for a 4 pounds EMS package (heavy moldings) that should be delivered 3-5 days with tracking and you unilaterally changed the shipping method for a cheaper one... without any word of excuse, scorning our agreement.

And moldings are still somewhere in the world... not at home
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LANGEBERG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: usps Reply with quote

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do

langeberg
antiquevw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: One more time Reply with quote

Dude - Go to www.usps.com, put the customs form number CP751489176US in the TRACK & CONFIRM box, click on Go> and it will magically show you the shipping status.

philoo wrote:
antiquevw wrote:

Are you a child ? You stay in USA, not in Africa. I buy/sell with USA since 1999. You are the FIRST person who tell "Depending on who is working that day at the USPS can change the shipping price dramatically". There are public tables that gives destination / service / weight / cost. Tracking is not offered with Air Parcel, everybody can read this at www.usps.com

Here is the "customs receipt" number you gave me to track the package : CP75 1489 176U S. Can somebody track something with this ? Here is a EMS tracking number that Steve at Serrano gave me some weeks ago when I bought him an electrical wire ED98 7644 814U S. This is a tracking service ...

I am still waiting your email with these explanations, I sent you email March 6th and March 14th. It is not very fair that I have to post on this feedback forum to read something from you.

The facts are that you charged me for a 4 pounds EMS package (heavy moldings) that should be delivered 3-5 days with tracking and you unilaterally changed the shipping method for a cheaper one... without any word of excuse, scorning our agreement.

And moldings are still somewhere in the world... not at home
philoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: One more time Reply with quote

antiquevw wrote:
Dude - Go to www.usps.com, put the customs form number CP751489176US in the TRACK & CONFIRM box, click on Go> and it will magically show you the shipping status.

Robert, you can consider that I am stupid, but a custom number never gave you an international tracking. With or without magic. It only says you sent a package :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If I asked for the EMS Global Priority shipping, it is because it offers a tracking service (and accessory, faster delivery). Here is what you get if you enter the number ED987644814US (the EMS from Steve in December) in the TRACK & CONFIRM box :

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It is not magic, it is the service I paid for. I asked you this service, I accepted the cost of this service and you charged me for this service BUT you did not sent moldings with this service but a cheaper one, probably to save a handle of USD.

You did not answered my emails, you invent an incredible story where shipping prices are not the same each day at the post office and finally you imply that I am a stupid boy that doesn't know what's an international tracking...

Robert, I am sorry, you are not reliable : I asked EMS, I paid EMS, you shipped with Air Parcel and now, by your fault, we are in dispute ...
LANGEBERG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: robert wharton Reply with quote

EXCELLENT SELLER...will buy of him anytime...jan denmark.. Very Happy
philoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the moldings arrived after 4 weeks of travel. Nice parts and good shape.

I received yesterday a refund of $10 for the difference of the amount I was charged and the shipment that was paid.

Not a lot of words, but facts are OK now.

The sellers must understand that when buyers ask fo a tracking service it is not only a security for them but ALSO a security for sellers

LANGEBERG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: buy Reply with quote

buy with confidence A+++++..jan denmark
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert is a good seller. I needed some wiper shafts. He responded to help me out. with fair prices. would recomend him to others. DL West
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another praise for Robert. Item was received fast and was well packed.
Jimmy Perez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a pleasure dealing with Robert. Items are well packed and good communication. Will be dealing with Robert in the future (for sure)Very Happy
Dfasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert another smooth trans action Very Happy
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert has helped me out again with NOS wiper parts. good seller, items as described. Fast shipping. You could not find a better seller. Happy Holidays. DL
ACtyp3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased two beautiful sets of NOS Coco mats for my type 3 from Robert. Great guy to do business with!

Scott
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: