Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Karmann Gheezer wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Hmm, been on here for a while now, VIN comes up as a 59, but that’s obviously a 55-57 nose and the body badges look to be missing. Seller should be upfront about it.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2416347

Dan, I'm going to chime in and take up for the seller. He is a good guy. He is NOT one to mislead or take advantage of anyone. He acquired the Ghia and reason he is selling the '59 is another Ghia (56' coupe) came along that is much much nicer and he needs the space. The "Been on here a while now" is like what...two weeks?. Some ads are like 9 months.
The price reflects the condition of the car. Not like some rust buckets I've seen that some dude wants 10+ grand. Sao is not a Ghia Guru (like Loren, Ghia Girl, Rockstock, Aerosilver, Retrowagen, and John Moxon whom I will say are wonderful and very helpful people) that knows every Ghia part that started and stopped production. So maybe a quote on the "Overpriced Ghias" would have been better to say "Vin # shows '59 but the nose looks to be a 55-57". And btw, Sao has the body badge. Cheers!

Loren wrote:
I don't think the price is too high. I sold a 57 Ghia for $3500 two years ago that was in worse shape. It would help if the seller provided a few more pictures, especially a pic of all the parts that go with the car (laid out in the driveway is nice). I always find it helpful when the seller uploads the maximum number of photos when selling a car on the Samba, because why not, it doesn't cost any more. Might help to delete the blurry photo too.

Y’all are out of your fucking minds to think that the remains of this car are anywhere near worth that. You will literally have to purchase another car’s worth of parts to make anything of it.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Karmann Gheezer wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Hmm, been on here for a while now, VIN comes up as a 59, but that’s obviously a 55-57 nose and the body badges look to be missing. Seller should be upfront about it.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2416347

Dan, I'm going to chime in and take up for the seller. He is a good guy. He is NOT one to mislead or take advantage of anyone. He acquired the Ghia and reason he is selling the '59 is another Ghia (56' coupe) came along that is much much nicer and he needs the space. The "Been on here a while now" is like what...two weeks?. Some ads are like 9 months.
The price reflects the condition of the car. Not like some rust buckets I've seen that some dude wants 10+ grand. Sao is not a Ghia Guru (like Loren, Ghia Girl, Rockstock, Aerosilver, Retrowagen, and John Moxon whom I will say are wonderful and very helpful people) that knows every Ghia part that started and stopped production. So maybe a quote on the "Overpriced Ghias" would have been better to say "Vin # shows '59 but the nose looks to be a 55-57". And btw, Sao has the body badge. Cheers!

Loren wrote:
I don't think the price is too high. I sold a 57 Ghia for $3500 two years ago that was in worse shape. It would help if the seller provided a few more pictures, especially a pic of all the parts that go with the car (laid out in the driveway is nice). I always find it helpful when the seller uploads the maximum number of photos when selling a car on the Samba, because why not, it doesn't cost any more. Might help to delete the blurry photo too.

Y’all are out of your fucking minds to think that the remains of this car are anywhere near worth that. You will literally have to purchase another car’s worth of parts to make anything of it.

But it’s a beautiful combination when restored to original condition...
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2418305

I don't know if this Ghia is over priced, but this guys add is REALLY weird, he had up a few years back, June 2017, for like $7000 ??
And I don't get why he is posting magazine articles, instead of pics of his car ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

I don't know if this Ghia is over priced, but this guys add is REALLY weird, he had up a few years back, June 2017, for like $7000 ??
And I don't get why he is posting magazine articles, instead of pics of his car ??

Yeah, weird. And the pic in the article from 2010, as compared to what the car looks like in the ad now, is what people do on dating apps. Who cares what it USED to look like? Brick wall

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

The magazine was ten years ago. And now look at it. Tells me what a half arsed restoration it was at the beginning. Stay clear of it.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:
crukab wrote:

The magazine was ten years ago. And now look at it. Tells me what a half arsed restoration it was at the beginning. Stay clear of it.

Nicholas

Condition: 2 - Very Good. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
sputnick60 wrote:
crukab wrote:

Nicholas

Condition: 2 - Very Good. Shocked

Yup, would’ve been a 1 if not for the slight surface rust on the hood.
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

That ad reads like it was written by a Nigerian scammer. Seems like a reasonable price for a runner though.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Somebody threw away a lot of money on this one at this price.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2429224

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2431591

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

This is insane.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2433598

Even a lowlight convertible wouldn’t be worth that much in that condition. Yes, the Golde sunroof is rarer, arguably rarer than a lowlight vert, but it’s not as desirable. At $35 grand the average guy will be $80k into it to do it right to finish the car.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

LOL, try communicating with the seller.

Not responding to direct questions. Not providing additional pictures. NO the sellers information is not listed. Do I need to know the secret code or handshake. I would pay a handsome reward.....yet I'm not going in blind.

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
jonschwerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Dan's really on to something. True insanity is taking over the KG world.

$62k for a 1969 vert, no matter how nice, is well, just nuts:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2434326
1976 Westfalia Campmobile
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

jonschwerman wrote:
Hate to sound like a broken record, but Dan's really on to something. True insanity is taking over the KG world.

It's a Brazilian built Ghia. Different tops without headliner and padding. Different tail lights and other differences. Pretty car but the price seems way out of norm.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
jonschwerman wrote:

It's a Brazilian built Ghia. Different tops without headliner and padding. Different tail lights and other differences. Pretty car but the price seems way out of norm.

That outfit keeps listing way overpriced cars. I think the most a ghia vert has gone for is $65k but it was completely modified, turbo engine, etc etc.
Really nice ones seem to sell for high $30ks one went for $45k.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
jonschwerman wrote:

That outfit keeps listing way overpriced cars. I think the most a ghia vert has gone for is $65k but it was completely modified, turbo engine, etc etc.
Really nice ones seem to sell for high $30ks one went for $45k.

BTW Brazilian verts are rare as in 1 of 180 cars built.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

So this is a Brazillian Ghia and not a hack?
More pictures in the gallery.
Fish wrote:
Pawn Stars, S17, A Dam Good Road Trip. Rick buys a 1963 convertible Karmann Ghia for $11,800. Pretty hacked up. Late model tail lights and high back seats.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
So this is a Brazillian Ghia and not a hack?
More pictures in the gallery.
Fish wrote:
Pawn Stars, S17, A Dam Good Road Trip. Rick buys a 1963 convertible Karmann Ghia for $11,800. Pretty hacked up. Late model tail lights and high back seats.

No. That one has late tail lights, Brazilian Ghias have type 3 tail lights.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

There was a 58 Ghia cab that sold for 80k a few years ago is Sol Cal. I wonder if one has sold for more than that since then???
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

This one is most likely the car your referring to $85K at an art auction.

Have not heard of any higher, noticed several with higher asking prices, mostly customized coupes in Europe.

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Jump to:
Page 70 of 88

Jump to: