Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manx VS Manx 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Manx VS Manx 2 Reply with quote

i recently bough a manx 2 project.

by looking at the ID page on manxclub.com i just discovered that it is a manx 2.

manxclub.com wrote:
The 2nd floorpan model was called the Manx 2. There were a few hundred Manx 2 bodies produced from late 1968 to late 1970. Some of these were apparently produced while Bruce was still with the company. Those kits have serial numbers starting with "A". Some of these kits had the stiffening tubes under the fenders.

does this make my manx 2 a rare car? it has an "A" serial number. not that it matters all that much, the car is a pretty much a heap anyhow, but at least it is an original complete myers manx.

i have been driving and working on VW's for about 20 years and have a shop specializing in parts and resto for type 2's. this is my first experience with a buggy, and i am really looking forward to getting this car on the road. it was discovered somewhere in nova scotia in a field and was rescued by a customer of mine, who was going to restore it but ended up selling it to me. has been sitting for at least 15 years so it is very rough. lots to do Smile
90volts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. but as to rare? it is more rare than a manx. but most clones are more rare. just meaning less of them made.
good luck with it. is it in for a stock type restore? or off road or what?
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to make it stock, period looking. as it would have been back in the day, as much as possible. it has faded gelcoat in red metallic, i will probably leave it just as it is, make the small repairs and probably not even refinish it. it has some nice old wheels, ansen slots, i'll keep those. haven't thought too much about the engine, but it will be close to stock, maybe with a w-100 cam and dual carbs, nothing too racy, just a nice tight and clean looking engine. no chrome Smile
BajaRoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Manx Reply with quote

Manx was built over 5,000 units

manx 2 was only built around 250 units.

believed manx 2 are indeed "rare bird" than Manx.

correct me if I'm wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
90volts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is more rare.
not sure on the desirability though.
the original had the battery box and spare tire well where the 2 was a flat piece wasn't it? depends what you want i suppose.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: